ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages)

Started by Cvalda, Nov 23, 2013, 05:33:45 AM

Author
ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages) (Read 386,828 times)

alienscollection.com

Quote from: Elmazalman on Jun 06, 2015, 08:24:24 AM
i didn't see any character profiles on any of the humans or artificial persons from the series,surely they would be also included?

They are included.

HuDaFuK

I do love this, and it looks beautiful, I just really can't justify spending so much on a book.

Still crossing my fingers for a cheapo version :)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 07, 2015, 02:53:39 PM
I do love this, and it looks beautiful, I just really can't justify spending so much on a book.

Still crossing my fingers for a cheapo version :)

Me too. It looks absolutely gorgeous but I just can't justify spending that much money on a book. I wonder how well it is actually going to sell.

When the standard comes out, I'll be all over it.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 07, 2015, 03:19:07 PMWhen the standard comes out, I'll be all over it.

Same. Like cheese on a Big Mac.

MrSpaceJockey

Will the standard version include all the physical stuff (Jones's vet report, Burke's call card)?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jun 07, 2015, 05:43:50 PM
Will the standard version include all the physical stuff (Jones's vet report, Burke's call card)?

Unknown. We still don't really know anything about the English standard edition. I've asked them if they have any new information to provide.

FiorinaFury161

Overall, this looks AWESOME. I can justify spending much money on a book, as long as it is the first edition or just simply extremely rare

however I will just wait for a standard copy like many others have mentioned already! ;)

Perfect-Organism

This is so awesome!  Any idea if it features Prometheus stuff?

MrSpaceJockey

It definitely features Prometheus information (they mispelled Millburn's name!  :D).  I wonder what kind of Prometheus extras will it include. 

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jun 09, 2015, 02:32:53 AM
It definitely features Prometheus information (they mispelled Millburn's name!  :D).  I wonder what kind of Prometheus extras will it include.

Well that explains the delay.  I'm sure it'll come out once they fix that typo...

I'm curious about how this book will be treated once Alien 5 comes out.  If it is a full on retcon, then I would hope they include all of the A3, and AR material in the book somehow in the 2nd edition.  But it would be difficult to maintain the "WY files" vibe to it if we are posed with alternate time lines...

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jun 09, 2015, 03:17:18 AM
If it is a full on retcon, then I would hope they include all of the A3, and AR material in the book somehow in the 2nd edition.  But it would be difficult to maintain the "WY files" vibe to it if we are posed with alternate time lines...

Given Blomkamp's statements, I reckon it is.

Thing is with source books, they usually are printed long before a new installment is arrived. Like the Marvel Handbook Guides, they are printed before certain events are published, and when retcons happen.. more or less they are treated as authorative until the retcon takes place. So really... I see that happening here.

This will be authorative... until Blomkamp's sequel comes out and re-assigns Alien 3 and Resurrection.

Corporal Hicks

I wouldn't be surprised if it was changed in some way to accommodate Alien 5. We know Rage Wars was.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jun 09, 2015, 03:17:18 AMIf it is a full on retcon, then I would hope they include all of the A3, and AR material in the book somehow in the 2nd edition.

What are you on about? The book already has Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection stuff in it. There are pictures of that content in this thread.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 09, 2015, 07:25:47 AMI wouldn't be surprised if it was changed in some way to accommodate Alien 5. We know Rage Wars was.

Difficult to see how they could, unless the new film is somehow going to ludicrously work around the pre-existing movies.

Probably better to just release it as it is and not worry about the fact it won't fit with the new movie.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 09, 2015, 07:25:47 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if it was changed in some way to accommodate Alien 5. We know Rage Wars was.

Wait, what?

Why accommodate for a movie if it's supposed to ignore two movies?

HuDaFuK

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jun 09, 2015, 12:24:56 PMWhy accommodate for a movie if it's supposed to ignore two movies?

I'd be quite surprised if they did. Judging by the timeline included in the book, the info regarding the third and fourth films is quite ingrained into it. Be pretty hard to just lop it out without affecting the book. Plus, it's already been released as-is in some countries.

The only way I can see it being edited to fit the new film is if Blomkamp's movie somehow isn't a retcon and happens around the existing movies.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed