ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages)

Started by Cvalda, Nov 23, 2013, 05:33:45 AM

Author
ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages) (Read 386,915 times)

SM

The RPG made lots of stuff up for the purpose of gameplay - the Aliens needed rules for how to act within the realm of the game. It couldn't be left speculatory.

Like the sign says this is a report on WYs interactions with the Alien.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: locusta on Sep 23, 2014, 11:16:54 AMAs I stated it many times already, there is the standard edition hardcover coming for round about 50 $

Great, thanks much more reasonable. Be getting a copy for sure!

predxeno

Then what would be the point of spending $50 for a book that regurgitates everything we already know?

HuDaFuK

I didn't realise you'd read it already and knew everything that was in it.

Local Trouble

Quote from: predxeno on Sep 24, 2014, 04:55:36 PM
Then what would be the point of spending $50 for a book that regurgitates everything we already know?

I expect that it'll be an extremely gussied up and arduously fact-checked summation of everything Fox deems canon at this point.  That's worth $50, is it not?

predxeno

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 24, 2014, 05:35:52 PM
I didn't realise you'd read it already and knew everything that was in it.

I didn't, but it seems to be the general opinion around here that the book won't have anything new for fans, that would be disappointing because what made the Aliens RPG book and the Aliens Technical Manual entreat was that it further explore the universe of the Aliens be discussing things the movies were incapable of describing.

Local Trouble

At this point, I want the writers of such books to just stick to the established canon facts and stop making dubious shit up that future movies will only ignore anyway.

predxeno

I don't think that's what this book will be about tbh, not for a $50-$360 price tag.

HuDaFuK

You're forgetting this is a niche thing. The price was always gonna be higher.

predxeno

The CE will have an excerpt from Morse's book so I think it's safe to say there will be some bonus material here in some way, shape, or form.

SM

I don't believe the content will change.  Just how it's presented.

I wonder if predxeno would be so mad if this just regurgitated everything we already knew about the comic books...

Local Trouble

I would enjoy seeing a predxenomrph version of this book and how it ties in all of the seemingly contradictory EU material with geometric logic.  I imagine it would be quite large.

SM

John Doe library size...

predxeno

Quote from: SM on Sep 24, 2014, 09:59:55 PM
I don't believe the content will change.  Just how it's presented.

I wonder if predxeno would be so mad if this just regurgitated everything we already knew about the comic books...

I would if I had to pay $50 for information already in my head. :-\

SM

You have to pay for this?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed