ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages)

Started by Cvalda, Nov 23, 2013, 05:33:45 AM

Author
ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages) (Read 392,588 times)

Ultramorph

Insight Editions has announced their plans for SDCC, and we'll be getting a look at the W-Y Report, or at least the cover.

QuoteIn addition, Insight will also be offering a first look to Comic-Con attendees of the sculpted cover for the upcoming Alien: The Weyland-Yutani Report: Collectors' Edition, and the Game of Thrones Astrolabe.

http://sdccblog.com/2014/06/insight-editions-announces-sdcc-2014-plans/

Also, even though it's a bit hard to find, the Insight Editions site has a release date of September 2014 for the book.

http://focus.insighteditions.com/foreign_rights_filmtelevision#.U7NzQ4m9Kc0

Corporal Hicks

We've already seen the cover.  :-\

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

I imagine that the "Collectors' Edition" might have a different cover.

The big question is, will it be signed by SM?

Ultramorph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 02, 2014, 09:29:35 AM
We've already seen the cover.  :-\

It's definitely disappointing to hear we probably won't be getting an inside look. The Insight Editions site has a very small pic of what I assume is the Collector's Edition cover, featuring the chair suit Engineer from Priometheus.

SM

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 02, 2014, 02:17:35 PM
I imagine that the "Collectors' Edition" might have a different cover.

The big question is, will it be signed by SM?

If you'd want to instantly devalue it, sure.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

On the contrary, I honestly think it would increase the value. Assuming AVP Galaxy gets a few complementary copies to give away to forum members (as they often do) would you consider signing them? If shipping costs between the UK and Aus isn't too high of course.

SM

You're very kind, but I think the shipping would make it a teensy bit prohibitive.

To say nothing of the fact that I didn't write the book.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Contribution via website info is still a contribution. But yeah, you're probably right about the shipping costs.

episodenone

Extroheal

This book is supposed to have detailed information on the alien life cycle. Does anyone know if it's going to have information on egg morphing, the alien castes from Colonial Marines or an explanation of the smooth-head/ridge-head variations?

It would be worth buying for any one of those things.

SM

QuoteDoes anyone know if it's going to have information on egg morphing, the alien castes from Colonial Marines or an explanation of the smooth-head/ridge-head variations?

Yes, I do know.

Kimarhi

lol

This book is really just gamegossip avpforums the abbreviated version if it has all that in there. 

Cvalda

not sure if should cancel preorder

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed