ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages)

Started by Cvalda, Nov 23, 2013, 05:33:45 AM

Author
ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages) (Read 387,067 times)

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 13, 2013, 04:15:37 AM

This is a really good point, especially in light of how often 'Aliens' gets misinterpreted as the Aliens being mindless cannon-fodder. I mean yeah I can see where people could get that impression about the Aliens from that movie, but there's a lot of other things going on in that movie that run counter to it that people seemingly forget.

I remember discussions on this very forum where Steve Perry himself defended portraying the Aliens as mindless cannon-fodder in his books. :P
Makes me wonder if anyone ever brought up the very point with him that you're bringing up about Predators not all universally being "honorable space-samurai".

Probably didn't help when Jim Cameron himself at least once described the alien "as a mindless, chaotic life urge that's out of control".

MrSpaceJockey

Can someone tell me if I got this right - is this Weyland Yutani Report thing like a sort of "encyclopedia" regarding the alien?

Also not to nitpick but someone should fix the news article's "Reports" to "Report."

Powerloader

$50 for a book.  :D  A book.  :D  Paper and cardboard. 

SiL

Just when you think people on this site can't say anything dumber ...

Powerloader

I suppose you could have it on display when you take eager young Alien fans to your secret dungeon..

SiL

Or I could read it.

Powerloader

Or you could torrent it, then read it.

SiL

Or I could not commit a crime and have a nicely bound book with pretty pictures.

Powerloader

AVPGalaxy is giving these guys free advertising.  It's the least they can do.  8)

MrSpaceJockey

Great, thanks for clearing up my confusion guys.

Powerloader

Encyclopaedia  :laugh: .  Your question is redundant.  That's for wikis or nerds like SiL & SM, who think they know everything.  :)

SiL

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Dec 13, 2013, 11:45:38 PM
Great, thanks for clearing up my confusion guys. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/--h4eLCX9klE/UZHjEBYfY2I/AAAAAAAADoo/W5bcUQjtXls/s1600/thumb-up-facebook-emoticon-like-symbol.png
We don't know. SM might, because she picked out some stuff from his site. I'm guessing it'll be in the style of the Anchorpoint Essays or the Colonial Marines Technical Manual.

MrSpaceJockey

Thanks.

Quote from: Powerloader on Dec 13, 2013, 11:55:06 PM
Encyclopaedia  :laugh: .  Your question is redundant.  That's for wikis or nerds like SiL & SM, who think they know everything.  :)

I'm not really sure what you mean or are trying to say, but I had to ask because everyone seemed to be talking about Steve Perry's comic book writing.

And please, enough of the smartass act, you're wasting finger energy neither pissing off nor impressing anyone here.

Powerloader

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Dec 14, 2013, 12:07:57 AM
Thanks.

Quote from: Powerloader on Dec 13, 2013, 11:55:06 PM

I'm not really sure what you mean or are trying to say, but I had to ask because everyone seemed to be talking about Steve Perry's comic book writing.

And please, enough of the smartass act, you're wasting finger energy neither pissing off nor impressing anyone here.

Enough with the deconstruction act, you're wasting blah blah blah and blah..  :)

First Blood

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed