Ridley Scott confirms progress with Prometheus 2

Started by ShadowPred, Oct 27, 2013, 05:03:04 AM

Author
Ridley Scott confirms progress with Prometheus 2 (Read 55,789 times)

Space Sweeper

It wasn't even a threat to any of the characters, either. They were all either dead or out of there.

worldpeace

it was like chets birth only better looking. maybe its the lead villain for the seaquel?  maybe a engineer will be the hero next
.. prometheus has grown on me even though its basically a giant tease

Space Sweeper

Quote from: worldpeace on Nov 14, 2013, 08:27:16 AM
maybe its the lead villain for the seaquel?
It's... going to take a ship and track them down across the galaxy... to... antagonize them...?

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

How about this... neither Shaw nor David is in the sequel? Instead a rescue team is sent to LV 223 and opens negotiations with the deacon... bfffthahahaha!!!

Oh and by negotiations; I mean the Deacon kills them. Ha-ha.

Infected

Quote from: whiterabbit on Nov 14, 2013, 09:31:30 AM
How about this... neither Shaw nor David is in the sequel? Instead a rescue team is sent to LV 223 and opens negotiations with the deacon... bfffthahahaha!!!

Doesnt sound so bad, that the sequel wont involve Shaw and David.
Or maybe something like Lord of the Rings, following Frodo and following the other group in there journey.

Mr. Clemens

I kind of think you have to run with the Deacon for part two - otherwise, it was just a pointless cameo (from a character we'd never seen before!). Leave us wondering, "what the hell happened to Shaw and David?" as we watch the movie. Then, in Part III, tie the Shaw/David story and the Deacon story together. That'd be a pretty interesting and unconventional move to make...

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

The Deacon was left hanging since they were clearly shown leaving before it was birthed. Also something has got to happen to the LV-223 facility. In one way or the other. There is no way you can have an alien weapons facility out there in the open. Something or someone must have destroyed it before the events of Alien.

Oh... well, I guess that could be it. After shaw and david f**k up everything the original Space Jockey lands and sets a self destruct device on LV-223 and then leaves for earth unbeknownst to him that he was faced raped during the process... and crashes on LV 426.  :-\

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Infected on Nov 14, 2013, 09:21:55 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Nov 14, 2013, 09:31:30 AM

Doesnt sound so bad, that the sequel wont involve Shaw and David.
Or maybe something like Lord of the Rings, following Frodo and following the other group in there journey.
Second option would work best. Otherwise, all of the 'questions' and motivations set up in the first movie that seemed like they were there purely as sequel bait will become pointless and irrelevant.

worldpeace

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Nov 14, 2013, 09:11:02 AM
Quote from: worldpeace on Nov 14, 2013, 08:27:16 AM
maybe its the lead villain for the seaquel?
It's... going to take a ship and track them down across the galaxy... to... antagonize them...?

.......http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/avatars/humans/predator-dutch01.jpg
it's logical to think a rescue would come for vickers life pod and stumble upon deacon . how did the original alien know to get in the escape life ship at the end of alien?.. :-[

Highland

It would be fairly pointless to set up so much ambiguity in Prometheus to then go the Aliens route in the sequel.

I think the Deacon is supposed to be just another part of the "Alien DNA". I don't think we'll see that creature again, or at least not in that form.

Rong

Quote from: Highland on Nov 16, 2013, 10:40:14 AM
It would be fairly pointless to set up so much ambiguity in Prometheus to then go the Aliens route in the sequel.

I think the Deacon is supposed to be just another part of the "Alien DNA". I don't think we'll see that creature again, or at least not in that form.

this.

The engineers are the bigshow.

Blacklabel

At the end of the Prometheus commentary, Ridley says he "might" use the Deacon or not in the future.... Engineers are the big show but the Deacon might show up again...

Let's all remember that Shaw and David are using another Ship full of deadly bioweapons as a cargo... ;)

whiterabbit

Quote from: Blacklabel on Nov 16, 2013, 11:02:54 AM
At the end of the Prometheus commentary, Ridley says he "might" use the Deacon or not in the future.... Engineers are the big show but the Deacon might show up again...

Let's all remember that Shaw and David are using another Ship full of deadly bioweapons as a cargo... ;)
HAHA. That's a good point. I could see the morons leaving for paradise with a fully loaded cargo of WMDS.

Rong

The Deacon was just one outcome from exposure to the black goo just as the xenomorph is another, I'm hoping the next outcome is a little more like the ultramorph concept art than the Deacon if they decide to reintroduce another one in the next film, (even though the deacon we seen in the film is essentially a chestburster, the adult could look significantly cooler)

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

They had designs that were so much better than what made it to the film...

Spoiler

[close]

Le sigh...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed