Ridley Scott confirms progress with Prometheus 2

Started by ShadowPred, Oct 27, 2013, 05:03:04 AM

Author
Ridley Scott confirms progress with Prometheus 2 (Read 55,782 times)

Infected

According to Wikipedia the script was done in october 2013 for Prometheus 2 by Jack paglen or something.

Eva

As for the deleted scene discussion: if a concept is explored in a deleted scene only, it is not part of the released movie and as such, Cameron had no obligation as a story writer to adhere to the cycles of the alien lifeform visualized in that scene. That's my view anyway.

Quote from: Infected on Nov 01, 2013, 10:39:58 AM
but nevertheless if the second Prometheus will only revolve around Shaw and David they have to come up with some good sheit.

Perfectly fine by me, if they can get the story right. 2001 essentially only had 2 human characters as well for most of the film. Moon had 1 (or perhaps 2 but I don't wanna spoil the movie for anyone who hasn't seen it).

Infected

Quote from: Eva on Nov 07, 2013, 12:09:20 AM
As for the deleted scene discussion: if a concept is explored in a deleted scene only, it is not part of the released movie and as such, Cameron had no obligation as a story writer to adhere to the cycles of the alien lifeform visualized in that scene. That's my view anyway.

Quote from: Infected on Nov 01, 2013, 10:39:58 AM
but nevertheless if the second Prometheus will only revolve around Shaw and David they have to come up with some good sheit.

Perfectly fine by me, if they can get the story right. 2001 essentially only had 2 human characters as well for most of the film. Moon had 1 (or perhaps 2 but I don't wanna spoil the movie for anyone who hasn't seen it).
Fine by me too, but knowing the alien franchise, its all based on build-up-killings, like i said before it would have been much better if there werent any deaths in Prometheus or maybe just one by getting lost or some infection like the Fifield incident but besides that i would love to see some more mystery and build up and explorations, it could be me getting older but im not interested in the killings, like in Alien if you would take away the first act till the xeno bursts out of Hurt to me Alien would not be so interesting,
its the undefined jockey stuff and weird shaped ship that creates and sets the tension to me.
so yeah its possible to make a good story with two characters...

whiterabbit

It isn't just going to be about Shaw and David, I'm pretty sure Paradise is going to be full of humans.

RobThom

Is it possible that somebody can pull a save like Wrath of Kahn?

That isn't the norm.

It hasn't been repeated since then.

But ANYTHING to keep him away from a BR sequel!
(Didn't he abuse the original script enough?!)

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: RobThom on Nov 08, 2013, 12:38:27 AM
Is it possible that somebody can pull a save like Wrath of Kahn?

That isn't the norm.

It hasn't been repeated since then.

But ANYTHING to keep him away from a BR sequel!
(Didn't he abuse the original script enough?!)

I like ST:TMP 10x more than Wrath of Khan (sue me).

That said, I'll agree that Prometheus needs a 'Wrath of Khan' kind of sequel.

But I also think that Blade Runner is cinematic perfection. So, we agree and disagree in equal doses!

RobThom

RobThom

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Nov 08, 2013, 01:53:37 AM

But I also think that Blade Runner is cinematic perfection. So, we agree and disagree in equal doses!

I dont disagree with you.

OTHER THEN BR at least.

There were obvious flaws.
Intimately recorded by Sammon.

IMO,
thats where,
in retrospect,
that we can see the career long flaws that we never noticed before begin.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: RobThom on Nov 08, 2013, 03:08:51 AM
Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Nov 08, 2013, 01:53:37 AM

I dont disagree with you.

OTHER THEN BR at least.

There were obvious flaws.
Intimately recorded by Sammon.

IMO,
thats where,
in retrospect,
that we can see the career long flaws that we never noticed before begin.

Siddown, yer drunk!  :D

RobThom

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Nov 08, 2013, 03:30:31 AM

Siddown, yer drunk!  :D

Did I lie?

I apologize if I did.

PsyKore

Honestly, where can they go with Prom 2? It'll probably turn out hokey Star-Trek-esque no matter what. I like the whole weaponized Alien concept going on in the first film, but I feel it was something that just wasn't focused on enough and it wasn't scary or suspenseful. The idea is there but it's not properly realized.

We need that dark, unknown, Giger, hellish universe presented in the first Alien film to come back.

Bio Mech Hunter

I liked Prometheus overall as a stand alone film, but it certainly wasn't the movie I was hoping for. I feel like Ridley's lost touch with what made the original Alien so great.

His story and design choices in Prometheus were definitely not ones I wanted. They deviated so much from the original Alien's. I don't understand why he was so adamant about keeping Prometheus from being a full-fledged Alien prequel, and in turn, didn't keep it with Alien's tone and aesthetics. Giger really needed to be part of it.

The pale humanoids, the less-bio-more-mechanical engineer tech, the brightly lit planet, non-bio-mechanical creatures, no real fear of the unknown, no eerie setting, etc. *sigh*

Quote from: PsyKore on Nov 08, 2013, 08:53:35 AM
Honestly, where can they go with Prom 2? It'll probably turn out hokey Star-Trek-esque no matter what. I like the whole weaponized Alien concept going on in the first film, but I feel it was something that just wasn't focused on enough and it wasn't scary or suspenseful. The idea is there but it's not properly realized.

We need that dark, unknown, Giger, hellish universe presented in the first Alien film to come back.
This.

RobThom

Quote from: PsyKore on Nov 08, 2013, 08:53:35 AM
Honestly, where can they go with Prom 2?

To be plain and simple.

They could completely disregard lindelofs setup and just do something else without the sj homeworld.
But what?

Noomi and fassbender's head on a road trip?

There's just nothing there.
Nothing from nothing.

They couldn't even really go anywhere from Alien without the most absurd acrobatics and to diminishing returns other then remaking it as rambo.
Thats another disgusting problem with writing a movie as a episode of a TV show instead of as a movie.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: PsyKore on Nov 08, 2013, 08:53:35 AMWe need that dark, unknown, Giger, hellish universe presented in the first Alien film to come back.

I think you are confusing what you imagined or what you saw in Giger's artwork with what was actually shown in the original film. LV-426 was a nondescript ball of rock out in the boonies, and we saw very little of it or the derelict, let alone any of the 'hellish Giger universe' you refer to.

But I hear you - I too imagined a similar dark and nightmarish Giger world, but the fact is it was never established anywhere other than in fans heads. Scott obviously never saw it that way.

PsyKore

Well, I was just thinking of the Alien creature itself and the Derelict - to me this was presented as something very dark and ultimately hellish. And I say universe because in the film it's really the human universe meeting with the Giger universe, even if it was only a glimpse into it, that's all. I was disappointed Prometheus didn't present the Giger aspect in a similar manner to Alien.

Darth Vile

To be honest, I can completely understand why Scott decided not to make Prometheus a straight out Alien prequel. As imperfect as Prometheus is, it is at the very least interesting. I found the notion of more xeno's, chestbursters etc. to be quite uninspiring... and even with a prequel there has to be a sense of 'progression' - either with the themes being explored or the aesthetics of the piece.

What will now be interesting to see is if they move Prometheus 2 closer to the aesthetic of the Alien films or wether they keep with the Engineers being in front and centre. I'd certainly like to see more of the Giger vibe, but I'm still not sure I want to see xenos, facehuggers etc.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed