Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 10, 2013, 08:24:08 PM

Author
Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series (Read 270,712 times)

SM

SM

No.  And I doubt we will.

Ultramorph

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jun 14, 2014, 05:37:06 AM
Quote from: Ultramorph on Jun 14, 2014, 03:39:42 AM
Also, because everyone knew it was coming...

Do you have confirmation?

No, no confirmation at all. I just meant that everyone should have seen it coming that I would make the comparison to the newest A:I pic.  :laugh:

happypred

happypred

Quote from: SM on Jun 13, 2014, 06:46:06 AM
:laugh:

Learn 2 type, tool.

:D

You mean like you with your 40,000+ posts. No thanks old fart

Ultramorph

Rotated and a bit better size-adjusted. This could all just be meaningless speculation, but I see nothing to disprove my suspicions.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jun 14, 2014, 08:24:08 PM
Rotated and a bit better size-adjusted. This could all just be meaningless speculation, but I see nothing to disprove my suspicions.

Is it just wrong to say that I could do without Amanda Ripley? Or the whole.. Ripley family legacy which is being done now?

Ultramorph

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jun 14, 2014, 09:23:11 PM
Is it just wrong to say that I could do without Amanda Ripley? Or the whole.. Ripley family legacy which is being done now?

Not at all. It has already been pretty divisive with "Out of the Shadows," and it's bound to be even more polarizing once Isolation comes out. The first Titan novel was good enough for me to be OK with it for now, assuming they pull it off in such a way that it feels needed to the stories, rather than just some quick cash grabbing off the Ripley name.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jun 14, 2014, 09:31:40 PM
Not at all. It has already been pretty divisive with "Out of the Shadows," and it's bound to be even more polarizing once Isolation comes out. The first Titan novel was good enough for me to be OK with it for now, assuming they pull it off in such a way that it feels needed to the stories, rather than just some quick cash grabbing off the Ripley name.

I don't think I'll be reading Out of the Shadows or any of the upcoming Alien novels. I just seem to have lost that patience to read many novels anymore.. I haven't even finished reading Nightmare Asylum and I started reading that book back in my junior year of high school, but I've put it off for ten years because I just lost interest in reading it. The funny thing is Perry is one of my favorite writers out there, and he keeps me entertained but for whatever reason.. I just don't like reading novels as much anymore.

SM

SM

Quote from: happypred on Jun 14, 2014, 04:07:07 PM
Quote from: SM on Jun 13, 2014, 06:46:06 AM

Learn 2 type, tool.

:D

You mean like you with your 40,000+ posts. No thanks old fart

It thinks "old" is an insult.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Dave Palumbo did an interview with Muddy Colors about his work for "Fire and Stone" (http://muddycolors.blogspot.com/2014/06/alien-vs-predator.html) and it includes some really cool concept images for his ECC mural.

Some choice quotes:

QuoteEssentially, I had a laundry list of key elements to include: Aliens, at least one Predator, Engineers, eggs, the Engineer ship, three specific characters, an Engineer-made weapon, black goo ampules, and some Gigeresque architecture.

QuoteThe lead is curious and her attitude calls back the scene from the original film of John Hurt about to make a huge mistake.  Her companion looks a little less thrilled at the situation.  A predator stands ready for action as well, presumably on the side of the humans.  To the right we have another character looking in pretty rough shape and surrounded by shadowy forms of xenomorphs.  The left side of the image is dominated by aliens and a familiar landscape.  The aliens close in slowly while an Engineer stands atop a hill in the distance ringed with ampules.  Also in the distance are some unfortunate anonymous redshirts in spacesuits.  You know, for the bodycount.

I assume then that it's Angela leaning over the egg, given that Roberson said none of his Aliens characters were on the mural. It also looks confirmed that Ahab will at least somewhat be on the side of the humans. As for "familiar landscape," that's probably just meant to be a reference to what Palumbo took inspiration from, but now that has me wondering if we'll be making a pit stop on LV-426 at some point.

Cool stuff!

Also, Dark Horse's September 2014 solicitations should be up sometime this week, so expect the official blurbs for the Prometheus and Aliens #1s.

RakaiThwei

The art looks cool, I will admit..

Also.. looking at the mural on the blood, I know you've made a lot of comparisons between the female protagonist and Amanda Ripley. Assuming the woman is Angela, this hopefully debunks the hypothesis of Amanda being in these comics although the resemblance is uncanny. I mean so far, none of the writers have ever mentioned Amanda explicitly.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

September solicitations are up and we have story blurbs!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=53479

QuoteChris Roberson writes Aliens!
Aliens: Fire and Stone #1 (of 4)
Chris Roberson (W), Patric Reynolds (A), Dave Stewart (C), David Palumbo (Cover), and Fiona Staples (Variant cover)
On sale Sept 24
FC, 32 pages
$3.50
Miniseries
During a vicious xenomorph outbreak, terraforming engineer Derrick Russell leads a desperate group of survivors onto a rickety mining vessel. They hope to escape the creatures overrunning their colony -- but they'll face horrors both in space and on the strange planet they crash on. Ties in with the Prometheus and Aliens films!
• First issue in an exciting direction for Aliens!
• From critically acclaimed writer Chris Roberson!
• Variant cover by Fiona Staples (Saga, North 40)!

QuoteA universe of terror drawn to one world.
Prometheus: Fire and Stone #1 (of 4)
Paul Tobin (W), Juan Ferreyra (A), David Palumbo (Cover), and Paul Pope (Variant cover)
On sale Sept 10
FC, 32 pages
$3.50
Miniseries
When the Prometheus never returned from her fateful journey to LV-223, the questions surrounding the origins of man went unanswered. Now a new team of explorers seeks to uncover the dark mystery that holds not only the fate of the original mission, but possibly their own damnation.
• Ties directly into the hit motion picture!
• First issue in a blockbuster crossover event!

Also, just a comment on the Aliens blurb. Escaping from a xenomorph-infested planet only to then land on (what we can assume is) LV-223 must win an award for the worst day ever.

episodenone

episodenone

woops.  nevermind.

Rambo

Rambo

Still can't find a spot to pre-order the variant issue though. Was hoping TFAW would have it offered.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Aliens #1 is on the cover of Diamond's July issue of PREVIEWS. Not sure if there's any new info, but the cover is nice, and it highlights the "A Universe of Terror Drawn to One World" tagline.

http://thetaylornetworkofpodcasts.com/2014/06/24/diamond-announces-contents-of-the-july-2014-previews/

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed