Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 386,881 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Darkness on Jul 28, 2014, 06:35:08 PM
I'm not even sure how you play it. So you go to those places on your own and play with complete strangers?

Noone knows how to play yet. But yeah, sometimes. Until you become buddies.

Arterial Spray

Though for the anti-social (or perhaps just less confident) types there is a single player version (with some form of 'AI' controlling the xenomorphs) so you can get used to the rules before inviting your friends over to have a go, or heading to a shop/club for a game... It's usually easier to learn new rules with a group though.

Hudson

I haven't been following the updates on this closely at all, I just have a quick question:

Is this supposed to be like a reall in-depth RPG or is it a tabletop type game that could be seen on, say, Wil Wheaton's Table Top? As in, is this going to be something that could be played with 4-6 people in an hour or two or is it a really involved format?

Corporal Hicks

It's a wargame type thing, not an RPG. It's just the single player has a story to it.

Eldritch_DM

So is the Kickstarter full and well closed? Or can you still send money to it to get the core box etc?

I'm afraid I'm gonna have to wait till the regular release.... whenever that will be.  :'(

Corporal Hicks

I believe you'll have to wait.  :-\

Eldritch_DM

Damn. I was unemployed at the time the Kickstarter began. Oh well, hopefully the official release won't fall too far behind the time the kickstarter backers start getting their stuff. Waiting for something like this has been a dream come true for a war gamer and alien fan like myself. Until then, I'll just look at everyone elses pretty shinnies. lol  ;D

[cancerblack]

I'm not 100% sure, but there may still be one or two people looking to sell their pledges, Naraku. Other than that, yep, it's the waiting game. I was actually in the same boat as you (unemployment) when the Kickstarter hit, it was only thanks to a very understanding relative that I was able to borrow some cash for this one. Little did I know how much landscaping I'd have to do to pay him back. :D

Corporal Hicks

PRJ_since1990

There are additional pledges available to purchase as the pledge manager will be reopened until all final models are approved and revealed!!
http://shop.prodosgames.com/en/8-alien-vs-predator

[cancerblack]

This is good, because I can now get more than a single squad of marines (I went overboard with the Alien warriors first time around).

This is also bad, because it's something of an indicator towards yet more delays.

:-\

PRJ_since1990

I'll take delayed perfection over rushed shit any day, especially with this franchise. We've seen what they've done so far and I'm impressed with the improvements. They give a damn and I'm glad to say that about a company. Lord knows how bad other Alien and Predator stuff has been in the past lol

[cancerblack]

I take your point, but if I'm being honest, I really only care about the models. The wargame/boardgame is just an added feature to me, and since we've seen massive stacks of boxes with ready-to-ship miniatures in them, it makes waiting for the extras to be finished a lot harder for me.

[cancerblack]

Beginnings of an AvP table:

Corporal Hicks

Is that from Titan?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed