Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 386,714 times)

[cancerblack]

I never said it was a realistic hope... :(

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: SiL on Nov 19, 2013, 10:55:29 PM
They said the "Infant Warriors" are the Alien design and we've seen their Infant Warriors models. They're AvP.

The Alien models so far look really half-assed and the so called "Infant Warriors" look like absolute crap, esoecially compare to the Marine and Predator models. The "Stalker" torsos, tails and heads are fine, but the legs and arms are atrocious.

Makes me sad.

Xenomrph

I dunno, I think their Alien models look pretty slick so far, I'm looking forward to seeing what else they come up with.

I do agree that I'd rather see WY as a faction over "Stickman", but part of that is apprehension of what they'll do by creating the Stickman faction from whole cloth. They're going to be creating an entire (theoretically, fully formed and balanced) faction based on 1 creature that got 3 minutes of screen time.
I mean I kinda get why they'd roll WY in with Humans/Marines, because I imagine they wouldn't play that differently. But there's ways to make them play differently and give them special rules and equipment, similar to how Space Marines and Chaos Space Marines play differently in 40k despite technically being the same thing.

The whole Stickman faction thing reminds me of when the Starship Troopers miniatures game introduced the Skinnies as a playable faction, and the creators basically had to make up the faction from scratch because the source material (TV series and Heinlein book) didn't say a whole lot other than "they exist".

SiL

The quality of the sculpts for the Aliens is really good. I'm impressed with how much detail they've got.

But the designs ain't what they say they are.

Xenomrph

Did anyone bring that up during the live Q&A?

Blacklabel

I'm sure the stickman figures will sell really well.

Btw... the redesigned Predalien actually looks worse than Chet.. with even bigger dreadlocks. lol. Way to mess something up even further.

TorsoInvader

Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 20, 2013, 12:57:58 AM
I dunno, I think their Alien models look pretty slick so far, I'm looking forward to seeing what else they come up with.

I do agree that I'd rather see WY as a faction over "Stickman", but part of that is apprehension of what they'll do by creating the Stickman faction from whole cloth. They're going to be creating an entire (theoretically, fully formed and balanced) faction based on 1 creature that got 3 minutes of screen time.
I mean I kinda get why they'd roll WY in with Humans/Marines, because I imagine they wouldn't play that differently. But there's ways to make them play differently and give them special rules and equipment, similar to how Space Marines and Chaos Space Marines play differently in 40k despite technically being the same thing.

The whole Stickman faction thing reminds me of when the Starship Troopers miniatures game introduced the Skinnies as a playable faction, and the creators basically had to make up the faction from scratch because the source material (TV series and Heinlein book) didn't say a whole lot other than "they exist".

Mongoose had permission from Heinlein's estate to make what ever new races they wanted as long as they approved them, the skinnie hargemeny  was created from Heinlein's own notes.

They also made 2 other races as well.One that was finished, The Forth, and one that was in the prototype stages, The Coven.

(was a bad SST miniatures fan back in the day)

Also cancerblack I gotta say your avatar is creepy as hell. :D

PRJ_since1990

The entire spreadsheet for the Pledges in addition to the goal marks has been revealed. Check the Kickstarter link.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: PanCoreUnit on Nov 20, 2013, 05:28:43 PM

What, this little guy? He's adorable! Wouldn't hurt a fly.

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Nov 20, 2013, 07:07:36 PM
The entire spreadsheet for the Pledges in addition to the goal marks has been revealed. Check the Kickstarter link.

Been unlocked for a while I think. I'm interested to see who they put inside the Power Loader. My bet is a marine, since they've been iffy about civilians in general so far, not just named characters. Really hope we get to the free Praetorian stretch goal though, that thing rocks, and it'd free up money for more rank'n'file.

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Nov 20, 2013, 08:58:58 PM
Quote from: PanCoreUnit on Nov 20, 2013, 05:28:43 PM

What, this little guy? He's adorable! Wouldn't hurt a fly.

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Nov 20, 2013, 07:07:36 PM

Been unlocked for a while I think. I'm interested to see who they put inside the Power Loader. My bet is a marine, since they've been iffy about civilians in general so far, not just named characters. Really hope we get to the free Praetorian stretch goal though, that thing rocks, and it'd free up money for more rank'n'file.
Who doesn't love the Son of Godzilla?

Also, yeah me too. I'm trying to sell some crap on eBay to allow me to throw money towards the pledge. I'd very much like a free Praetorian!!!

hardcorps54

someone had mentioned about making a chess set out of this , anyone had any thoughts on how they would do this ?

Xenomrph

Quote from: hardcorps54 on Nov 21, 2013, 11:30:08 AM
someone had mentioned about making a chess set out of this , anyone had any thoughts on how they would do this ?
It shouldn't be that hard - you'd just need enough miniatures to represent the chess pieces (you can decide which miniatures represent what) and then get a chess board.

I mean if you wanted to get all fancy you could try and make a custom chess board, or mount the miniatures on special bases (or even wooden bases, if you could find some - a craft store might have something suitable).

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

So is this like Axis and Allies? When you have miniatures with cards and you use them as your own team against someone else on a map?

I collected Axis and Allies (started up a Canadian Army in fact) and Star Wars for a while, but later realized it's better when other people play the stuff too, and eventually lost interest.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Nov 21, 2013, 05:22:11 PM
So is this like Axis and Allies? When you have miniatures with cards and you use them as your own team against someone else on a map?
In a nutshell, yes.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

If it hits $270k, all backers will be getting a free Praetorian. Also:

3D rotating video of the Praetorian.

Open Day pics:

http://instagram.com/avpopenday

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed