Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 393,714 times)

RakaiThwei

If I do get my hands on these things, it's just to collect the miniatures. I could do without some of them though.

Never was big on table top games, largely because I never could get into them and when I tried they were.. a bit complex for me.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

This is a message from Kickstarter's Integrity team. We're writing to inform you that a project you backed, Alien vs Predator The Miniatures Game, is the subject of an intellectual property dispute.
The law requires that we remove the project from public view until the dispute is resolved (please see our Copyright Policy and Trademark Policy for more info). Because the project already ended successfully, your pledge hasn't been affected. The creator should still be able to move forward with the project (and send any unfulfilled rewards). If you have any questions, though, you can still message the creator from the project page.

Any guesses? I'm thinking a third party getting buttmad about something.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I certainly hope so. Prodos has made it clear that this is a licensed product (why we wont see Prometheus, etc). I just hope it doesn't take them too long to respond to the queries. I might drop Mark an email shortly to ask for a comment.

Nevermind, this cropped on up on their official page:

QuoteHello everyone. Sorry to cause panic. We (Prodos Games) have made a clerical error when cleaning up our Kickstarter maintenance page. If you go to up you will see that there are two un-started projects. We were hoping to get them deleted (just to tidy up our work space), but didn't convey our request clearly. As such the AvP website has been temporarily closed in error. We are working to get it back up. Hopefully it will return in all its glory within 24 hours. Sorry to panic everyone. (Just goes to show a tidy workspace isn't always the best thing)!

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Lol, yup. Quite the shitstorm on FB today. Good times. Over on Dakka there were f**kwits demanding refunds within the first hour, and it was confirmed for THE END OF THE WORLD!!!1!

Corporal Hicks

Talk about no patience. The general attitude over on that group makes me shiver anyway.

[cancerblack]

Yeah, used to be my go-to site for wargaming news and rumours, but eventually I just couldn't be bothered with the nonsense.

I've definitely enjoyed having this thread here though, good to have a cross-over point between my dudemans and my Aliens, and have  a bunch of (mostly) relaxed people to discuss that with.

Eldritch_DM

I have high hopes for this and I hope whatever issue has come can be resolved without too much trouble or extreme measures because I'm patiently waiting for the general release since I missed the kickstarter.

Tired of using Tyranids from 40k in place of my xenos for my AvP dnd games lol

[cancerblack]

Because there was a distinct lack of Engineers:

Eldritch_DM

[cancerblack]

It's a Mantic "Plague stage 2", with a ghoul head (also Mantic). I'm thinking as for gaming, I'll sort them into three tiers of weirdness/power; Subjacent, Ascendant and Transcendent (Yes, I got the idea from Oblivion).

I'm starting on a suited and/or Ascendant Engineer too, but I'm less satisfied with the look of this one. It's a bit too fleshy:

Blacklabel

Textures need to be more "biomech" :P

But looks cool, anyway :)

[cancerblack]

Yeah, I bought a boxed set of Mantic Plague figures with the intent of only using the middling ones as plain Engineers, but thought I'd try to get more use out of the contents. I'm hoping that once he's painted I'll be able to get away with it.

[cancerblack]

I wasn't overly worried about what's going on with all this, until statements like the spoilered conversation below started to appear. I can handle delays, I can handle being kept in the dark, but even the possibility that the whole shebang could be ruined by loudmouth keyboard warriors is f**king upsetting.

Spoiler
Quote from: Poster 1..then I have to ask you, as a backer, what do you want more? The freedom to express your concern or the product you supported? Because what if things are so bad right now, those two things are mutually exclusive?

Quote from: Poster 2Honestly, if given the choice I would take my freedom to express concern, even if it meant losing money.   I won't willingly support a company I don't trust or like, and anyone willing to censor my opinion and mislead me can get bent and fail for all I care.   My honor and integrity are worth far, far more than my pledge is worth, and being forced to keep quiet when I see something I don't like or understand, without being able to ask what I consider reasonable questions about it, does't work for me.
[close]

Visceral_Mass

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Dec 06, 2014, 09:14:05 PM
I wasn't overly worried about what's going on with all this, until statements like the spoilered conversation below started to appear. I can handle delays, I can handle being kept in the dark, but even the possibility that the whole shebang could be ruined by loudmouth keyboard warriors is f**king upsetting.

Spoiler
Quote from: Poster 1..then I have to ask you, as a backer, what do you want more? The freedom to express your concern or the product you supported? Because what if things are so bad right now, those two things are mutually exclusive?

Quote from: Poster 2Honestly, if given the choice I would take my freedom to express concern, even if it meant losing money.   I won't willingly support a company I don't trust or like, and anyone willing to censor my opinion and mislead me can get bent and fail for all I care.   My honor and integrity are worth far, far more than my pledge is worth, and being forced to keep quiet when I see something I don't like or understand, without being able to ask what I consider reasonable questions about it, does't work for me.
[close]
I have to agree with the poster, honesty and integrity are far more important to me than little plastic toys. Consumers shouldn't reward or tolerate questionable behavior just because they get a "prize" at the end for putting up with it.

If that is all it took to cause the product to collapse, it means their hold on the IP was tenuous at best. It also shows they weren't ready to handle  a licensed product this popular.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I take the opposing view, honesty and integrity (specifically in regards to the taking down of the KS page) don't even come into play when the guys involved have repeatedly said "We can't say anything just yet, but when we can, we will." This whole thing has nothing to do with honour, and everything to do with internet consumers being spoiled, impatient man-children.

Additionally, I'm prepared to admit that I over-reacted to the exchange I quoted, it just really got to me after a week (ish) of full on bitching and whining.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed