Legendary Encounters - An ALIEN Deck-Building Game

Started by Mr. Domino, Oct 09, 2013, 02:49:39 PM

Author
Legendary Encounters - An ALIEN Deck-Building Game (Read 75,060 times)

Corporal Hicks

Just thought I'd mention that on Sunday night my housemate and I did the trilogy, one after the other and managed to beat them all. Took some effort and coordination but we did it. Then Monday morning, it took us 3 goes to beat Alien Resurrection. And I barely even did anything xD I died in Obj2, after having an unfortunate chain of strikes xD

I absolutely love this game. xD

Machiko Naguchi

I played a three player game with resurrection and lost pretty bad. It was tough dealing with the ten power xenomorph clones that early if you don't have the containment chambers out. Have only played a handful of times and have a 1-4 record with the only win coming on Alien 3.

Corporal Hicks

I think Alien Resurrection is the hardest one. If you can keep the complex semi-clear while you look for the containment chambers then you'll fair better. But then the flooded rooms show up and make it harder later on. The more players you have, the harder the game gets, I think. As it takes longer to swing around and that means longer to get your decks built.

I went round to Shevvie's last week and we had 3 or 4 games. Tried playing with the Alien deck and the agendas.

The Alien deck is frigging deadly!!! Do not let a friend get infected!

PRJ_since1990

My fiancée wiped the floor with me when she got bursted. Crazy funny tho since she kept hissing at me the whole time! Lol!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2014/11/26/legendary-encounters-alien-deck-building-game-review/

Just posted my review up.

The housemate and I used the randomizer to generate some custom combinations. The game absolutely nailed us. We tried 2 games and just got slaughtered. xD Still so fun. We've beat the game a total of 6 times and lost it 5. It's nice to know the game continues to challenge.

I'm chatting with Jason Brenner from Upper Deck at the minute. He's confirmed that the next expansion will be July - just waiting for his response to see what license it is going to be.

PRJ_since1990

That's exciting! I'm still having fun with the game. Just introduced some friends to it at New Years and they got hooked. Played it like 4 times in a row. They wanted to go again but had to kick them out. The game still kicks your ass more often than not so I'm glad that it's not just a typical you can't lose kind of game. Challenge and longevity are key and this game nails both.

Corporal Hicks

Jason commented on BGG that we can expect Predator in July.

RakaiThwei

Cool. I'm assuming these will be 100% compatible with the Alien card series?

elemental-of-all

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 07, 2015, 09:32:51 PM
Jason commented on BGG that we can expect Predator in July.
Source? Couldn't find anything on BGG

Corporal Hicks

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/18144518#18144518

There you go.

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 07, 2015, 09:57:45 PM
Cool. I'm assuming these will be 100% compatible with the Alien card series?

Should be.

[cancerblack]

I'm still debating getting this. I'll have to make an international order, and the only people nearby who I'd be able to convince to play it will make me learn MTG in return.

Corporal Hicks

Learn MTG, you don't have to buy into it :P and you can play ME solo.

elemental-of-all

elemental-of-all

As an avid MTG player for 12 years i can definatly say a one time spending of 60 bucks is like.... 2 cards in magic. (Of course depends on what you are playing) but magic is faaaar from cheap :P

Edit* also thanks for the link. Stoked about the predator expansion. I wonder if the expansion will be a small taste of what the main pred game will be like.

Corporal Hicks

I imagine it is going to be the "main predator" game. I think the term expansion might be a little bit of a misnomer.

Corporal Hicks

I resleeved this last night. I'd been using those cheap 100 for £2 thin ones as I have a lot of my Star Trek Attack Wing but they don't need reshuffling. I found these thin ones get stuck together pretty fast so I thought I'd buy some better Ultra Pro ones. Went for black to be thematic and the like...Spent about £40 and over 2 hours on the job. xD

It's a good job I like sorting. xD

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed