Legendary Encounters - An ALIEN Deck-Building Game

Started by Mr. Domino, Oct 09, 2013, 02:49:39 PM

Author
Legendary Encounters - An ALIEN Deck-Building Game (Read 75,042 times)

Corporal Hicks

We don't know what's coming though! Every playthrough is pretty damn different!

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 10, 2015, 07:25:54 AM
We don't know what's coming though! Every playthrough is pretty damn different!
Great point Hicks...unless we scan everything! Lol

razeak

We gave A:R a try last night. I think it was the best. We were feeling pretty good, but the newborn devastated us. It must be payback for all the crap I talk about the movie.

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: razeak on Sep 11, 2015, 01:06:21 AM
We gave A:R a try last night. I think it was the best. We were feeling pretty good, but the newborn devastated us. It must be payback for all the crap I talk about the movie.
Oh that is funny. To be fair, haven't beaten the AR game. It is very tough.

Mr. Clemens

It makes a better game than a movie!

I actually beat it somehow on my first try, ONE card before drawing my Chestburster.  :o

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Sep 14, 2015, 10:01:05 PM
It makes a better game than a movie!

I actually beat it somehow on my first try, ONE card before drawing my Chestburster.  :o
Totally agree. Had a similar event happen where I was able to kill the top card of my deck and it was a burster!

Corporal Hicks

I've only ever let a chestburster get into someone's deck once. And he made us pay for it by taking the Alien deck!

Mr. Clemens

Same here, just that one time (I got swarmed by those Cloned Facehuggers in solo and just couldn't waste 'em all).

How did you guys find the Alien player experience?

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Sep 15, 2015, 09:43:07 PM
Same here, just that one time (I got swarmed by those Cloned Facehuggers in solo and just couldn't waste 'em all).

How did you guys find the Alien player experience?
Haven't played it myself but had it played against me and it is unforgiving. Seriously overpowered. But gives the game a new dynamic and lets dead players continue playing for a bit which I like.

Have you gotten to play with it Clemens?

Mr. Clemens

No I haven't, I've been strictly one- or two-player so far. Looking forward to trying out that hidden traitor business when my son gets more familiar with the game!

razeak

I beat Alien 3 legit last night. It was a lot of lucky draws.. I only took two 1 point strikes. I pretty much just rolled through it. I was able to kill a lot of my 1 point cards and I could drop 10-13 dmg almost every turn.

Corporal Hicks

The Alien deck is brutal. I think I wrote about it in my review. Lemme find it, save me writing thoughts out again.

"The game comes with 2 additional sets of "advanced rules" that differ from the Legendary – Marvel. These are Hidden Agenda cards and the Alien deck. The Hidden Agendas are a separate set of cards in which players pick from a mixed set of "good" and one "evil" agenda – the idea being to represent a Company operative. These agendas are discovered when Secret Revealed cards are found in the Complex (one for each player is shuffled into the Hive deck).

The "evil" player has to impede the progress of the others but without being too overt about it. It's a fun set of additional rules but its best when played with a group of 4 or more players. It allows for some interesting suspicions to formulate.

The Alien deck is a fun one too! If a player is killed by drawing a chestburster card after being face-hugged, he can become an Alien. There are 4 Alien avatars and one is selected randomly.  The player than takes the Alien deck and it is full of devastating cards. It really is in your best interest to work to get rid of those face-huggers – something I learnt the hard way!

My biggest problem with these additional components is the artwork – they use the same image for every card within the Alien deck, the same image for all the Good Agendas and the same for all the Evil Agendas.  It lacks the visual diversity of the main decks and can be dull to look at. It also means you aren't able to reconigze the card text from the artwork alone."

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/games/legendary-encounters-alien-review/

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Sep 16, 2015, 04:30:44 PM
No I haven't, I've been strictly one- or two-player so far. Looking forward to trying out that hidden traitor business when my son gets more familiar with the game!
Don't feel bad, I haven't been able to play with the traitor rules yet either. I can't wait myself! Best of luck teaching your son. It really isn't impossible to learn.
Quote from: razeak on Sep 20, 2015, 04:37:53 PM
I beat Alien 3 legit last night. It was a lot of lucky draws.. I only took two 1 point strikes. I pretty much just rolled through it. I was able to kill a lot of my 1 point cards and I could drop 10-13 dmg almost every turn.
Did you play solo??

razeak

Yeah I played solo and only used one deck.

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 08, 2015, 08:28:17 AM
http://boardgamegeek.com/article/18144518#18144518

There you go.

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 07, 2015, 09:57:45 PM
Cool. I'm assuming these will be 100% compatible with the Alien card series?

Should be.
They are indeed. Slight wording changes provided in the rule book for easy understanding.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed