Legendary Encounters - An ALIEN Deck-Building Game

Started by Mr. Domino, Oct 09, 2013, 02:49:39 PM

Author
Legendary Encounters - An ALIEN Deck-Building Game (Read 75,065 times)

ClockworkHorror

I've played Legendary Encounters about 6 times now. All on Alien, and only 2 victories. SO GOOD.

I'm hoping, and it's just hope, that we see an Alien: Isolation expansion. Adding Sevastopol to locations would be badass.

Mr. Domino

Agreed. The first thing I want for Encounters is a character expansion that adds characters for the existing scenarios - but then an Isolation expansion would work fantastically. Ideally, though, we probably want that to come out after Isolation 2 and have scenarios for both games.

Mr. Clemens

Just as an aside (and maybe this doesn't belong here), I'm so pleased to see how much excitement Isolation is generating: people want a novel! People want a movie! People want toys! People want a Legendary expansion!

I do, too. :)

ClockworkHorror

That's because Isolation is awesome.:) I rave about it to normal people every chance I get. I buy copies of it for friends that haven't played it, and hound them as to why they've not played it yet!

I think more characters would be great. Maybe more than just archetype avatars. I want to play as Kane. Special rule: Starts game with face hugger in front of him. Kane cannot fight the face hugger this turn.:)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I've lost count of how many times I've played the game but every single time we love the experience. A friend brought a house and got the keys last week. First game we played in that house was Legendary.  ;D

I'd love to see an Isolation expansion too. Even if it was just a mini one. I'd eager to see more expansions for the game. Predator doesn't really seem like one, that's like an entirely new core game from the sounds of it. But it's still missing Predators so there's still an expansion opportunity there.

As for Isolation being awesome - damn right! That game made me proud to be an Alien gaming fan again. I vaguely remember some raving conversations at the pub last week with some fella from school who I barely ever spoke to. xD

New Alien expansion coming later this year:

QuoteHere you go. Predator hits in July with a SEPERATE Alien expansion hitting later this year.

Vasquez unfortunately, will never be in the set, legal stuff.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/18734785#18734785

This pleases me.

Mr. Domino

Indeed. Very curious as to what they'll include. One of the 100-card boxes that they've done for the Marvel game could give us a character expansion with an extra 7 characters. Or, you could probably do Isolation as a 100-card set. 4 characters (Amanda, Samuels, Taylor, and the Marshal) - 56 cards, 3 hive decks - 33 cards, 3 objectives, 1 location. That leaves 7 cards to be creative with - new agendas, maybe, or a couple of new strikes or Drone deck cards.

Corporal Hicks

Just saw this over on BGG. Made me chuckle.

Corporal Hicks

razeak

I just finished my first game on Alien(with the starter rules). I loved it and was surprised at how good it was. I had a fortunate shuffle on my hive deck. Ash and Big Chap were the last two. I was able to keep Ash in the complex until I finally had the right combo to kill it. I was playing 1 player. My son is going to play with me tomorrow.

Corporal Hicks

Shevvie and a buddy came around last night and we played Alien Resurrection and then a mixed scenario. I don't get to play this game enough. The game was swinging and we almost lost right at the very end, pulling the self destruct hazard which took out Shevvie and left our buddy on one health. I love this game so much.

razeak

I gave the Alien 3 deck a run last night and it was awesome. By the time I was finished, the Objective 3 hazard card had murdered my barracks, just like the movie. I had 1 card left and the ones in my deck(around 20). The rest were all dead. It was pretty cool.

Corporal Hicks

I think 3 and 4 are actually the hardest scenarios.

PRJ_since1990

I agree that one can't play this game enough and I love we all have different experiences. One thing I kind of miss when playing the other scenarios is the inclusion of eggs, as we only see them in the first film experience. Maybe they can release some more as Drone deck cards?

razeak

I think you could probably just use the egg cards in any scenario. I doubt it would even unbalance anything. You can customize it to quite a degree. I can't believe I turned my nose up at this type of game until now.

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: razeak on Sep 07, 2015, 04:09:53 PM
I think you could probably just use the egg cards in any scenario. I doubt it would even unbalance anything. You can customize it to quite a degree. I can't believe I turned my nose up at this type of game until now.
Don't feel bad. Card games can carry a weird stigma about them, as well as some Alien(s)-based games in the no-so-distant decade that still have people upset. I can understand.

What a pleasant surprise, seeing how crazy Legendary Encounters is and how it still captivates us play after play. We know what's coming, like watching the movies, yet we still watch and enjoy every moment countless times.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed