Randy Pitchford Jokes about Aliens: Colonial Marines

Started by ikarop, Sep 26, 2013, 10:11:02 AM

Author
Randy Pitchford Jokes about Aliens: Colonial Marines (Read 26,616 times)

locusta

What a bullshitter!

Greg Or

Greg Or

Snakeoil salesman Randy :D

Do what you do best > just cash in some more Boredlands while you still have  time > you know that "Destiny" is comin' to get you :D

Gleipnir

Well, after watching that interview, I even more regret buying A:CM and downloadable content. The only mission that was partially good that they did come close to  good on was the first section of "The Raven".  I really hope Sega never goes to Gearbox again for this epic firebomb to the loins that they called a game.

Creative Assembly please make an Alien game that will actually be based on actual survival and not a Borderlands cop out with marines and aliens running around? The aliens in AvP Classic had better VI pathing.

Jarac

Jarac

Wow, totally didn't see that coming. /sarcasm

No-one's willing to ask the tough questions; no-one wants to get any info from this scam artist. The shift to Prometheus was... ugh. Talk about elephant in the room.

Eldritch_DM

DaddyYautja

Im sure all these folks didnt go out to create a crappy game.
There are deadlines and so on and when all the work comes together is not up to snuff there is so much that they can do. And they are not going to go out there and say, "Well.... this game is kinda crap so.... meh. "

This is why i dont buy games the first day they come out.

Jarac

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Sep 29, 2013, 08:05:51 PM
Im sure all these folks didnt go out to create a crappy game.
There are deadlines and so on and when all the work comes together is not up to snuff there is so much that they can do. And they are not going to go out there and say, "Well.... this game is kinda crap so.... meh. "

This is why i dont buy games the first day they come out.

A deadline that was extended twice (how many game publishers do you know even allow that?). They had six years and didn't do shit with what they had. They may not have wanted to create a bad game, but they didn't care enough to create a good game.  That's still pretty bad; especially when you start adding on the false-advertising and other lies Gearbox/Pitchfraud pushed to sell this game.

Le Celticant

The more I think about it and the more I'm convinced that someone at FOX is sabotaging every project (film, game, comic) to make sure it remains a very very very low cost value to ensure a great income.

SM

I don't think Prometheus and A:CM were exactly cheap.  They're not doing a very good job.

SiL

A:CM wasn't cheap. And a good deal of the money given for it didn't even get to it.

windebieste

Which is why I wonder what SEGA thinks about all this...

There goes $60,000,000 and 6 years of development, shoved face first, down the toilet. 

...then, there's Fox.  Does anyone here want to attempt to deprive Fox of an income?  I'd love to be a fly on the wall during some of the shareholder meetings on this one.

The only responsible thing that GBX have managed to deliver here is a game and 4 items of DLC.  Mind you, that's at the most MINIMUM legal obligation fulfilled on their part.  I can't see that amount money present on screen in the final product; and I doubt the publisher and license holder do, either.  I doubt they will permit it to go unjustified without some form of accountability happening. 

Either way, Pitchford's got himself a solid shitty reputation, now.  Mind you, magic tricks are all about deception.  He's certainly good at that. 

-Windebieste.

WinterActual

Quote from: Gleipnir on Sep 28, 2013, 05:07:46 AM
Well, after watching that interview, I even more regret buying A:CM
This. My biggest regret was Black Ops 1 and partially Brink, but after ACM I feel those games like the best games ever made. ACM is one of the biggest scam operations ever made by a video game company.

Vrastal

@ windebieste completely off topic, i've played a lot of your avp2 maps, anymore in the works or are you done making them?

PVTDukeMorrison

What a thunder c**t

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed