Further A: CM Content Petition

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 22, 2013, 10:40:13 AM

Author
Further A: CM Content Petition (Read 23,984 times)

Corporal Hicks

Some of you may have seen this, some of you may not have but I’d like to bring this petition to the eyes of all our readers. Several members of the Aliens: Colonial Marines community have started a petition to ask Gearbox to create more content for A:CM.

“As such, we, the undersigned, feel that there is an immense demand for this particular game mode, and believe that if other gamers are able to experience it themselves, that they will enjoy it as well.  Needless to say, we are extremely pleased with Bug Hunt and would very much support more Bug Hunt DLC from Gearbox / Demiurge Studios, either in a single DLC release, or a second season pass offering a collection of Bug Hunt maps. For example, a large contingent of fans has expressed a great interest to see the following map locations be released for the Bug Hunt game mode, preferably with a boss battle at wave 20 (crusher) and wave 30 (queen where space allows, or simultaneous crushers for stages in which the environment is an issue).”

They are aiming for 1000 signatures but at time of publishing have 166. So if you’re a fan of Aliens: Colonial Marines click that link and add your signature! They are running various competitions to help get this petition known to the community and get these much deserved signatures. You can keep updated on the petition by keeping an eye out on this thread on our forums.

What are you waiting for?! Get signing!!

Update: Gosh Glavin, the Lead Designer of Bug Hunt, has also added his voice and signature to the petition stating: “We love Aliens we loved working on this project and we would love to make more!  Keep playing, keep getting signatures and who knows what might happen!” If you haven’t already, get your scribble added onto the end of this petition.

stemot

stemot

People are still playing this turd?

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: stemot on Sep 22, 2013, 11:04:17 AM
People are still playing this turd?
Surprisingly yes. We feel that the fans were shafted, yes but there's still a lot of potential for this game in namely Bug Hunt. For those who love Bug Hunt, want more continued support from GBX, and those who are fans of Aliens that won't let our franchise be dumped on and forgotten, please sign!!!

Also, thank you very much Hicks for posting this. I'm sure Moosh also appreciates it.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Aliens: Colonial Marines was very disappointing. At first I was excited through the game because I love the franchise, but sometime after I beat that campaign the disappointment slowly took over as realized more and more things. I haven't played in a very long time since. How there are people out there who enjoy this still is kinda beyond me. If I were just playing with buddies for fun in multiplayer it'd be a different story. But I have no DLC and etc for good reasons. I bought all the Battlefield 3 DLC and the Pony Premium Theme instead.

That said, I feel like being charitable, so I've signed. There are people out there who somehow still enjoy this game, so why not contribute a signature to make them one step closer to their goal.

Okay... how do you know if your signature went through or not?

JustaGrunt

JustaGrunt

Petition Video with more information:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WSPAIIa7Xw#

Big, big thanks to AVPgalaxy for posting this article and to all those who have supported the cause, as well as Moosh, who continues to do a great job of pushing the campaign and helping to make one last stand for A:CM!

Sure, the game has its flaws, but for anyone who wants to relive the experience from James Cameron's epic sci-fi film, I fully believe that the Bug Hunt game mode is the best way to do that, especially because it allows you to pick marines from the film, and fight in settings such as Hadley's Hope, which, in my opinion, is beautifully recreated in the game.

For those who don't know, Bug Hunt is a 4-player co-op horde mode in which you fight xenomorphs in waves, and is what I, as well as many others, consider to be a hidden treasure in A:CM.  It was not part of the main game, however, and released as DLC, so many people either do not know about Bug Hunt or did not give it a fair chance, and judge it on its own merits. 

So that's what this is basically about.  To try and get more of what many consider to be the best part of the game, Bug Hunt, or, if the higher-ups don't wish to do so, part of the petition is a plea to have them release the full source development kit (sdk) instead, that way the fans can create such content for themselves, host dedicated servers, correct bugs, and the list goes on and on.

One last thing to consider is that Bug Hunt can be played off-line, which means that if we get more content in this area, it will be available to play long after the multiplayer population and/or the servers go out.  So, if you want help leave a great Aliens-experience ready to play in the future, please support the cause and consider signing the petition. 

Petition Link:  https://www.change.org/petitions/sega-of-america-corporation-gearbox-software-demiurge-studios-please-release-additional-bug-hunt-dlc-for-aliens-colonial-marines

xeno-kaname

Moosh is at it again!  :D She got her femal marines in the game, so maybe this one will work too. Bug Hunt is pretty fun. Makes me feel like playing it now...

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

I mean... the game is kind of a lost cause, and I'm pretty sure Gearbox understands this, and has for a long time. Financially, they'd never make a profit on what it would take to produce the content, even with their lazyass methods of doing so. There are much better games you all can be playing, even with aliens and marines...

Not trying to rag on the people that actually like the game for whatever reason, but it should be made clear that Gearbox has nothing to gain from this, from a realistic perspective.

JustaGrunt

JustaGrunt

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Sep 23, 2013, 04:21:20 AM
I mean... the game is kind of a lost cause, and I'm pretty sure Gearbox understands this, and has for a long time. Financially, they'd never make a profit on what it would take to produce the content, even with their lazyass methods of doing so. There are much better games you all can be playing, even with aliens and marines...

Not trying to rag on the people that actually like the game for whatever reason, but it should be made clear that Gearbox has nothing to gain from this, from a realistic perspective.

You bring up a very fair point, Space, and I thank you for expressing your concern in this area.  All I can really say is that Moosh has it on good authority that Gearbox is "not done with A:CM yet" and that if we want more content, we need to "make more noise" and "not give up." It is important to note that this information stems from a discussion FOLLOWING the release of the last DLC, stasis interrupted, so that's another thing to keep in mind as well. 

Also, I'd like to stress to everyone that this petition was very much created from a realistic perspective and that it is as grounded as we could make it.  For example, a lot of what's being asked for has already been developed, and, as such, it should considerably help lower the development costs for more content. 

To be more clear, the Bug Hunt mechanics themselves are made; the enemy models, animations, and sounds are already made (crusher, queen); and a lot of the suggested locations have already been made for the movie map pack DLC (Fury 161, atmosphere processor, nostromo, etc.) or the single player dlc (expanded Sulaco area, Legato, Resolute, etc.).  So, like it's said in the petition, all the developers really need to do is just re-work existing assets and format them for Bug Hunt.

Or, if the higher-ups aren't interested for whatever reason, the petition asks that they please release the source code in the alternative, even at a cost, because it could allow the modding community to have a field day with the game (create more Bug Hunt, fix bugs, host dedicated servers, etc.), and bring it to a point where it helps generate additional sales for the base game in the future. 

Given the history of the game, I think asking for a full-blown sequel or perhaps another single player DLC would be out of reach, but, as I've tried to show, this petition has a much more practical end-game in mind.  By presenting solutions that should have a relatively affordable development cost, it should help the powers-that-be see that either, or perhaps both, of these alternatives are viable options for them to consider.  But, to get these ideas on the table, we need everyone to help out and support the petition, that way we do what we can to see that A:CM is retired on a better, much more fan-friendly note.   

Greg Or

Greg Or

A:CM is for sure big disappointment  , but still , online modes and bughunt are  fun and immersive .
So, It would be nice from  SEGA/GBX to release some additional maps and cater their customers and their wallets.

To be true, I don't belive there's anything left for A:CM , but still , it doesn't hurt to sign petition and show SEGA that people still care for game / franchise.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Sep 23, 2013, 04:21:20 AM

I added my signature (I think) to be nice, but what Sweeper says I believe is true. They'd have to be able to make a profit out of it, otherwise they'd shoot themselves in the foot further.

I don't see this idea making a profit, they only way they could is if there was a large enough demand for it, but from the very beginning many people were very disappointed with the game and have moved on to better and more current games (myself even bought all the Battlefield 3 DLC instead of A:CM DLC), so I doubt the demand is high enough.

No trying to be mean or anything (I did give my signature out of charity), this is just what I believe.

JustaGrunt

JustaGrunt

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Sep 23, 2013, 05:50:44 PMI added my signature (I think) to be nice, but what Sweeper says I believe is true. They'd have to be able to make a profit out of it, otherwise they'd shoot themselves in the foot further.

I don't see this idea making a profit, they only way they could is if there was a large enough demand for it, but from the very beginning many people were very disappointed with the game and have moved on to better and more current games (myself even bought all the Battlefield 3 DLC instead of A:CM DLC), so I doubt the demand is high enough.

No trying to be mean or anything (I did give my signature out of charity), this is just what I believe.

Hi there, Rich!  I'm not sure if you caught my last posting or not, but just in case you didn't, I'll go ahead and quote one of my last points, which should hopefully help address the issue concerning costs...

Quote from: JustaGrunt on Sep 23, 2013, 01:01:54 PMGiven the history of the game, I think asking for a full-blown sequel or perhaps another single player DLC would be out of reach, but, as I've tried to show, this petition has a much more practical end-game in mind.  By presenting solutions that should have a relatively affordable development cost, it should help the powers-that-be see that either, or perhaps both, of these alternatives are viable options for them to consider.  But, to get these ideas on the table, we need everyone to help out and support the petition, that way we do what we can to see that A:CM is retired on a better, much more fan-friendly note.

By the way, thank you so much for your signature, Rich!  Just within the first day of the AVPgalaxy article being posted, we have already gotten a considerable amount of signatures, so just want to thank everyone here for all their help so far! 

Every single signature counts because as they say...

"None of us is as strong as all of us"

szkoki

szkoki

signed

PRJ_since1990

Thank you to all who have signed! Don't forget to ask through Facebook and Twitter and then link those posts in an email to Moosh for a chance to win $20 Xbox cards!

Terx2

Terx2

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Sep 23, 2013, 05:50:44 PM

I added my signature (I think) to be nice, but what Sweeper says I believe is true. They'd have to be able to make a profit out of it, otherwise they'd shoot themselves in the foot further.

Well if we get the sdk the pc sales will increase because people can modify it the way they and and make there own content to share. I've seen more pc copies in stores than the consoles (most of the console ones are preowned) it would get more of them off the shelf. Along with bughunt so those of us that still play it get a little more enjoyment out of it.

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Terx2 on Sep 24, 2013, 04:39:13 AM
Quote from: Crazy Rich on Sep 23, 2013, 05:50:44 PM

Well if we get the sdk the pc sales will increase because people can modify it the way they and and make there own content to share. I've seen more pc copies in stores than the consoles (most of the console ones are preowned) it would get more of them off the shelf. Along with bughunt so those of us that still play it get a little more enjoyment out of it.

Good point. Let's hope this goes somewhere! Everyone! Sign! Get your significant other, sibling(s), parents, dog, whoever, to sign!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed