The AvPGalaxy Podcast - Thread 2.0

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 15, 2013, 05:13:36 PM

Author
The AvPGalaxy Podcast - Thread 2.0 (Read 50,674 times)

Xenoscream

Hey nice interview, I really enjoyed it.

Although I really liked the premise the more details that were revealed the more alarm bells started to ring:

Lots of aliens
Different types of aliens
Some characters are "red shirts"

Still seemed like a nice bloke, so fingers crossed it's good

Terx2

Terx2

I'm keen to read on his idea of Ash's consciousness in the lifeboat. Along with the new aliens. Looking forward to reading it.

Xenoscream

Quote from: Terx2 on Sep 23, 2013, 02:21:36 PM
I'm keen to read on his idea of Ash's consciousness in the lifeboat. Along with the new aliens. Looking forward to reading it.

Agree, I really like this idea. I think it will make or break this book depending on how well it is executed, so much they could do with that.

SM

SM

Ash's AI downloaded into the shuttle is about the only thing this book has going for it at present.

Sadly.

Shame 'cos, as mentioned he seems like the really nice bloke.

Terx2

Terx2

Quote from: Xenoscream on Sep 23, 2013, 05:03:30 PM

Agree, I really like this idea. I think it will make or break this book depending on how well it is executed, so much they could do with that.

Yes. It could be Ash's way of getting revenge if he was destroyed. A great backup plan.

wmmvrrvrrmm

Well, I will probably take a look at the book and see to what degree I can tolerate it

Xenomorphine

I'm keen to read on his idea of Ash's consciousness in the lifeboat.

I had a similar-ish idea for my fan-film project, damn it... DX

Not Ash and it works a little differently in mine, but it's frustrating when you're working on something and this happens. Understandable, but still - gah!

Terx2

Terx2

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Sep 24, 2013, 09:39:28 PM
I'm keen to read on his idea of Ash's consciousness in the lifeboat.

I had a similar-ish idea for my fan-film project, damn it... DX

Not Ash and it works a little differently in mine, but it's frustrating when you're working on something and this happens. Understandable, but still - gah!

I know right. Probably the only reason I've never finish my fan-fic. Other than the fact I procrastinate and things distract me ;D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I have just uploaded the 14th episode of the AvPGalaxy Podcast. Join RidgeTop, DoomRulz (in his AvPG Podcast debut) and I as we take the opportunity to vent about all the recent disappointments for the Aliens/Predator/Prometheus community – Colonial Marines, Predators, the Aliens vs. Predator films, Prometheus and others:

We’d look to hear from the listeners if you agree or disagree with anything we said. Please let us know. Keep an eye out over the next few days for our coverage of our trip to Creative Assembly. Episode #15 of the podcast will also cover our visit.

Darkness

At long last. Great podcast, guys.

Yeah, I guess we all go through those little moments where we want to chuck in the towel.

What we really need is a new reboot of the AvP series.

aliens13

Very nice podcast, guys. Keep like that ;)

rexemmen

rexemmen

Great show guys!

Indeed, the lack of some good releases these last couple of years make me also feel a little abandoned by the franchise. It's a labor of love to keep up and keep engaged into staying up to date with everything going on. I think A.C.M. Showed us the ugly truth that the people that have to feed the fandom take a big shit on it. And that FOX is more interested in the money it brings than the quality of it. For me personally, NECA is making up for it big time. But that will last for so long I reckon. And Prometheus is a problem in itself. And Linderhoff or whats his name... is one of those writers that start out great and end very bad (Lost). The movie in my opinion is great. But the story construction is rather poor. I find this youtube vid very helpful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpEx7pdp2-Q#ws  And both AVP's suck. They tried to conbine to much old with something not new but different (Piramides and Villages in present time) that it failed Big Time. And they had so much to work with... (Comics/Book) it might not be new or original but not something we have seen on the big screen.

But all in all, we need something new and refreshing. So that we again, as a community and as fan can get excited about.
But most of all the trust that the people feeding (FOX/Dark Horse) that, take us and the franchise more seriously and dont go for the quick buck.

Don't give up guys!! I won't!!

Vulhala

Vulhala

Is there anywhere I can DL this without iTunes because iTunes?

Space Sweeper

Awesome, cool to see Doom in on these, gonna listen to it later as I make my dinner tonight.  :D

Quote from: Vulhala on Feb 09, 2014, 02:16:13 AM
Right click the embedded player and select 'Save Audio As' and you should be able to download the file.

SM

SM

Quote from: Vulhala on Feb 09, 2014, 02:16:13 AM

Click on the link in Hicks' post, then scroll down to Episode 14, right click, save as.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed