The AvPGalaxy Podcast - Thread 2.0

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 15, 2013, 05:13:36 PM

Author
The AvPGalaxy Podcast - Thread 2.0 (Read 50,671 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's a feature we've been trying to get sorted for some time now and we've finally got somewhere with it. It's hosted by myself, Corporal Hicks and fellow staffer, Mikey. Due to a few technical and scheduling issues our first episode didn't turn out quite as intended but we got through it and it's ready for release. Hopefully we'll learn over time and appreciate all the feedback we can get. Anyway, without further ado:

* Episode #1 (21/02/11) – discussions include the introduction of the podcast & Prometheus news.
* Episode #2 (10/04/11) - discussions include action figures and an interview with NECA.
* Episode #3 (20/06/11) – discussion includes fanfilms & an interview with Alien Epilogue's Darren Kemp.
* Episode #4 (19/07/11) – discussion includes the upcoming Alien games (incl. Colonial Marines) and 25 Years of Aliens convention.
* Episode #5 (03/09/11) – discussion includes the Alien Encounters: 25 Years of Aliens convention& an interview with Andrew David Clark, event organizer.
* Episode #6 (20/03/12) – discussion includes the Alien Encounters: 25 Years of Aliens convention & an interview with Trevor Steedman, Aliens actor and Andrew David Clark, event organizer.
* Episode #7 (16/04/12) – discussion includes the recent Prometheus and Aliens – Colonial Marine news
* Episode #8 (20/01/13) – discussion includes Prometheus Blu-ray with special guest Charles de Lauzirika, DVD & Blu-ray producer.
* Episode #9 (20/02/2013) -discussion includes memories surrounding the Alien/Predator franchise and includes the introduction of fellow staffer Xenomorphine (and he's got plenty of memories to share!)
* Episode #10 (21/06/2013) -discussion includes the then recently released (was recorded in March 2013) Aliens: Colonial marines. AvPG staffers Corporal Hicks, RidgeTop and Dachande discuss the latest Aliens game the iOS and Android Aliens vs Predator game, Evolution.
* Episode #11 (25/07/2013) -discussion includes the recent Aliens: Colonial Marines downloadable content. This episode is a little bit of an experiment as Corporal Hicks, RidgeTop and Dachande attempt to host a podcast whilst playing a game of Bughunt on A:CM. Expect incoherently strung together sentences, Dachande and Corporal Hicks abusing each other (although more Dachande) and a generally fun time for us.
* Episode #12 (15/08/2013) -discussion includes the various Alien/vs./Predator comics and novels. Join Corporal Hicks, RidgeTop and community guest star SiL as they discuss their favorite and least favorite releases.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/website/podcast/

If anyone has any ideas or comments they'd like to say on our episodes, please feel free to post them up. Hope you enjoy! :)

Corporal Hicks

A new month is here and I've just uploaded the 12th and latest episode of the AvPGalaxy Podcast. Join AvPG Staffers RidgeTop and I and community member SiL as we discuss the various Aliens/vs./Predator comics and novels. We share our favorites and we talk about the ugly ones (expect a nice section on Deadliest of Species!).

Look out for episode #13 shortly, an interview with Tim Lebbon, the author of the new Aliens novel. As always, let us know what you think of the podcast and any suggestions you might have.

Chris P

Ahahaha "This is Sil, the guy who drove the Strause brothers off of the forum", nice.  8) Haha good podcast though guys.

RakaiThwei

I actually liked this particular podcast, and this is the first podcast which I have ever really heard.

-Rakai'Thwei

Corporal Hicks

How do you mean?

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 15, 2013, 06:47:26 PM
How do you mean?

Well, I for one actually enjoy the Expanded Universe material such as the novels and the comics. Some of things which you were talking about, I immediately recalled reading from the novels and comics which I have.

-Rakai'Thwei

Xenomorphine

Listening to it now.

SM and his editorial notes... :laugh:

SiL

SiL

Yeah if there's a next time I'ma use a proper mic.

Xenomorphine

Little bit muffled, but not at all intrusive. You did good, dude.

Some notable exemptions, like 'Alien' and 'Sacrifice', but a nice nostalgic trip through comic land. :)

SM

SM

I didn't church anything up quality wise - it was perfectly audible from where I sat.

Master Chief

Haha, good job guys. I particularly liked the discussion about Deadliest of the Species. What happened SiL? Seems you could hardly get out a proper sentence.  ;)

I like the idea of bringing in members for discussions.

SiL

SiL

It was 7:30 in the morning on a Sunday and I was freezing my balls off. And trying to talk quietly for the sake of the others in the house :P

Master Chief

I'm sorry, but I meant while discussing the alien dubbed PMS in DotS, not the entire discussion. ;)

SiL

SiL

Oh God that comic

Terx2

Terx2

The recent podcast was good. Took you guys a while to mention AVP Duel (one of favourites) and I'm surprised you've read though Dots. My grandparents gave me a copy for a christmas present and I've never read though it all or been motivated to read it ;D Maybe a later podcast could be about the games. How it fares as a FPS or RTS and so on. Just a thought :)

Quote from: Chris P on Aug 15, 2013, 06:05:53 PM
Ahahaha "This is Sil, the guy who drove the Strause brothers off of the forum", nice.  8) Haha good podcast though guys.

Wait both brothers? I thought it was just one? Oh well be great to put on a resume ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed