Stasis Interrupted DLC Walkthroughs & Discussion [Spoilers]

Started by ikarop, Jul 23, 2013, 05:26:20 PM

Author
Stasis Interrupted DLC Walkthroughs & Discussion [Spoilers] (Read 81,819 times)

demonbane

At least for Predators and Prometheus, the cycle does not apply. We have quite fanbase that embrace Predators, even saying it is better than Predator 2. (Also, Rotten Tomato proves all.) Prometheus seems to get less bash than Alien: rez from what I have seen.

SM

Quote from: PanCoreUnit on Jul 27, 2013, 03:29:12 PM
Quote from: AcrossExistence on Jul 27, 2013, 07:23:28 AM
It just makes me rage that they NEVER say anything about it. Gearbox didn't even say one word about Stasis Interrupted on Facebook. All they ever talk about is Borderlands, blah, blah, blah...

Is no one ever going to make them own up for what they did?

Thats because ACM funded borderlands 2 silly. :laugh:

Also SM is right its a neverending cycle of shit, and so far the cycule has never been broken.

IIRC Sulaco computer was voiced by Claudia Black in A3.

Claudia Black from Farscape?  I don't even think she was acting yet in 1992.

TorsoInvader

Quote from: SM on Jul 27, 2013, 10:26:44 PM
Quote from: PanCoreUnit on Jul 27, 2013, 03:29:12 PM
Quote from: AcrossExistence on Jul 27, 2013, 07:23:28 AM
It just makes me rage that they NEVER say anything about it. Gearbox didn't even say one word about Stasis Interrupted on Facebook. All they ever talk about is Borderlands, blah, blah, blah...

Is no one ever going to make them own up for what they did?

Thats because ACM funded borderlands 2 silly. :laugh:

Also SM is right its a neverending cycle of shit, and so far the cycule has never been broken.

IIRC Sulaco computer was voiced by Claudia Black in A3.

Claudia Black from Farscape?  I don't even think she was acting yet in 1992.

Oddly enough i can't even remember where i saw her credited as the Sulaco cumputer.

I thought it was in the credits but after watching them a few times its a no go.I could be mistake but i could have sworn it was her though...

Xenomorphine

You know, I just sped through the credits to check and, while there isn't any name for the actress, I decided to watch the sequence all over and again and... Damn.

If it isn't Claudia Black at an early point in her career, it sounds a hell of a lot like her. :o

Vakarian

I was trying to figure out if the actress that voices Misty from Black Ops 2 Zombies, is the same voice actress that does Lisbeth.

SM

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 29, 2013, 01:21:20 AM
You know, I just sped through the credits to check and, while there isn't any name for the actress, I decided to watch the sequence all over and again and... Damn.

If it isn't Claudia Black at an early point in her career, it sounds a hell of a lot like her. :o

I guess she can do accents, but Claudia Black is Australian, was living in Sydney, was about 19 when Alien3 was released, and wasn't even doing bit part on TV by that point.

Xenomorphine

Yeah, it doesn't feature on her known profile, but there's no reason she couldn't have been hired to do a few seconds of audio recording as a teenager (which could have been done anywhere in the world). And was apparently doing television just one year later, in 1993.

She's always had one of those Australian accents which is a little more English than one would expect. Comes from moving around a lot in her formative years, apparently. I was expecting the computer voice to sound more obviously British (because it did in my memory), but it's enough like her voice for it to be possible...

Maybe it's someone else, but compare her voice-work from, say, the 'Dragon Age'/'Mass Effect' games and that credit sequence computer voice. The similarities are there.

Cpl Nish

I didn't mind the campaign nor the dlc aimed at filling in campaign/aliens/alien3 blanks however i do agree the writing should of been tighter and certain scenes/dialogue expanded on.

With any luck we will get an entirely new story going another direction within the aliens universe on the next gen consoles.

Hopefully a better publisher and better developer, i would say EA and Dice.  what would you guys say?

Jarac

Quote from: Cpl Nish on Jul 29, 2013, 10:51:45 AM
I didn't mind the campaign nor the dlc aimed at filling in campaign/aliens/alien3 blanks however i do agree the writing should of been tighter and certain scenes/dialogue expanded on.

With any luck we will get an entirely new story going another direction within the aliens universe on the next gen consoles.

Hopefully a better publisher and better developer, i would say EA and Dice.  what would you guys say?

I despise EA with a passion of a thousand suns and would be loathe to buy an Aliens game with their name on it. Now, I like DICE and Visceral, but I don't like Daddy EA and the thought about how they would handle it. Remember, DS3 didn't exactly keep with the scary elements and went more action-focused (like what SEGA wanted by making the game more like CoD).

So... no to EA because I know how their track record is with games like this. But Visceral would be the best one to do it if EA was ever to get their hands on the franchise (please, no).

JokersWarPig

Let Rebellion work on the next title involving Aliens. Even though AVP10 has it's faults you can still tell Rebellion cared.

RagingDragon

Despite the generic non-story and the Predator feeling like the focus of the game, the aliens in AvP 2010 were waaaay better.

I just don't think any company wants to make them as aggressive and smart as they should be because it "wouldn't be fun." ::) I'm so sick of hearing that bullshit but people just parrot whatever they hear.

It would be f**king fun, and it would be scary, and challenging, and immersive, and it would be a proper Alien(s) game.

I hate saying this, but GBX got close with the Lurker. Too bad they had the only smart alien as a sort of mini-boss encounter instead of giving every alien that level of intelligence. Combine that sort of evasion and tact with a swarm mechanic, where they won't attack you until they've reached certain numbers or have an advantage against the marines... that would be one hell of a damned game.

Or, more simply, the Aliens game we've supposed to have had for years now. Next-gen technology = used to make craptastic, generic game!

Vakarian

I don't think we will be seeing another aliens title for a long while, if not at all.

RagingDragon

Quote from: Vakarian on Jul 29, 2013, 05:54:31 PM
I don't think we will be seeing another aliens title for a long while, if not at all.

True dat, nug. :-\

Just play Natural Selection 2. Best Aliens game ever made. Those feels. :laugh:

Kimarhi

Creative Assembly is making a Next Gen Alien game.........so hopefully there is some potential there.

To me Rebellion got the Aliens vs Marines balance right in the first AvP game.  The Aliens were buzzsaws on speed.  Their physical prowess was only overcome by the Marines using their technological and firepower advantages.  Aliens got close and it was game over.  Marines got Aliens out in the open and it was game over.

Much better than the Semper Fu bullshit we got with both AvP2010 and ACM where the Aliens feel piss weak in comparison.

It literally took me YEARS to beat the marine campaign on director's cut for the original AvP because the Aliens were such a challenge.  And when I finally did beat it I got the feels of accomplishment.

RagingDragon

I think the marine melee did the most damage to AvP 3. How many times Rich, Prime, Sweeper and I pistol-whipped an alien to death in a corner gangbang, I don't recall, but it was a disturbingly high number.

I enjoyed the campaign a bit more when I completely ignored that stupid melee. Even the block is wank, and should've knocked you down at least.

Melee between the Alien and Predator? That might be a little more balanced, and could use some work, but the marine just didn't work well at all.

Developers try to make the marine and Alien on even footing phsyically, when that's just stupid. It should always come down to range and surprise during engagements, like every decent Aliens game has tried to do. Just like the films, if you can catch them at range or in the open, you'll most likely kill them, but up close, well, game over.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed