Stasis Interrupted DLC Walkthroughs & Discussion [Spoilers]

Started by ikarop, Jul 23, 2013, 05:26:20 PM

Author
Stasis Interrupted DLC Walkthroughs & Discussion [Spoilers] (Read 82,305 times)

LucasDepeche

LucasDepeche

Spoiler
I just finished the DLC.  It was alot better than the main game.  The first couple of levels were very strong in setting a classic alien atmosphere.  Some pretty unique ideas were used.  Aliens can finally sneak up behind you and there was a few more jump scares.  The last two missions though where typical of the main campaign story. 

Some of the story telling also felt a little squeezed in like showing exactly how hicks was brought out of cryo and who replaced him. 

Half way through it seemed as though there was a mission missing when hicks travels to Fury-161 and actually witnesses Ripley playing the martyr.  It gets the hopes up then let me down.  So whats everyone else think.

Disclaimer - I wouldn't have even bothered with the dlc if it wasn't for me buying the season pass before release.
[close]

Stringer2355

Stringer2355

The North American Playstation Store has updated, "Stasis Interrupted" is available for download now

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/aliens-colonial-marines-stasis-interrupted/cid=UP0177-BLUS30862_00-ALIENSCMPOPPY001

Ash 937

It only took a handful of updates and four issues of DLC...but now A:CM is finally the AAA title we were waiting for.  Thank you, Gearbox!

Vrastal

So the verdict? is it worth it?

p1nk81cd

Quote from: Ash 937 on Jul 23, 2013, 09:07:09 PM
It only took a handful of updates and four issues of DLC...but now A:CM is finally the AAA title we were waiting for.  Thank you, Gearbox!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! *laugh turns to sorrowed crying*

Local Trouble

The Runner

Any more new xenomorphs or experiences with the Crusher?

Sexy Poot

Quote from: Stringer2355 on Jul 23, 2013, 08:57:44 PM
The North American Playstation Store has updated, "Stasis Interrupted" is available for download now

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/aliens-colonial-marines-stasis-interrupted/cid=UP0177-BLUS30862_00-ALIENSCMPOPPY001

Really dude? PUT f**kING SPOILERS IN SPOILER TAGS.

PRI. HUDSON

So, is this good or not?

PVTDukeMorrison

Its much better than the vanilla game

shakermakerman

Plenty of jumps and scares

PVTDukeMorrison

I think the AI has gotten a bit better, warriors are constantly jumping from wall to wall for me

PRI. HUDSON

Well, gotta hand it to Gearbox A LITTLE BIT, but I will forever hate them for ruining what could have been a game for the ages.

Hopefully someone can bring us a game with aliens, marines, and whatever elements and put them together into an epic like game.

Sexy Poot

Might pick this up based on what u guys are saying. Anyone know an estimate on how long it is? I'm guessing like 3 hours?

ikarop

ikarop

I recognized some areas that I initially saw as WIPs and it looks like they put A LOT of effort into the visuals. It all looks really nice.

A preview of the Fury 161 cinematic:

Spoiler

[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed