What upcoming Marvel movie and TV show you anticipate the most?

Started by Magegg, Jul 22, 2013, 11:22:43 PM

What upcoming Marvel movie and TV show you anticipate the most?

Morbius (2022)
0 (0%)
Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness (2022)
1 (50%)
Thor: Love And Thunder (2022)
0 (0%)
Moon Knight (2022)
0 (0%)
She-Hulk (2022)
0 (0%)
Ms. Marvel (2022)
0 (0%)
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (2022)
0 (0%)
The Marvels (2023)
0 (0%)
Loki season 2
0 (0%)
Secret Invasion (2023)
0 (0%)
Armor Wars (2023)
0 (0%)
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (2023)
0 (0%)
Ant-Man & The Wasp: Quantumania (2023)
0 (0%)
Ironheart (2023)
0 (0%)
Echo TV series (20??)
0 (0%)
Fantastic Four (2024)
2 (100%)
Blade (20??)
0 (0%)
Wakanda tv series (20??)
0 (0%)
Deadpool 3 (20??)
0 (0%)
Captain America 4 (20??)
0 (0%)
Agatha: House of Harkness (20??)
0 (0%)
Shang-Chi sequel (20??)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author
What upcoming Marvel movie and TV show you anticipate the most? (Read 20,219 times)

Magegg

Removed the following movies:
Deadpool (already released)
Civil War (almost released)
Gambit, Inhumans (no longer have a release date)
Deadpool 2, X-Force, New Mutants (they're only in development)

Feel free to vote :)

KiramidHead

Doctor Strange and Black Panther get my vote. 8)

Magegg

I'm pretty sure many will go to Spider-Man and Black Panther after Civil War gets released... uh... I shouldn't have updated the list until after that U.U

Magegg

Re-updated poll.

Right now, interested in Infinity War, Black Panther and GotG 2.

:D

hfeldhaus

GotG 2 and Wolverine. The rest I'll wait til they hit Sky (cable for non-UK guys)

Magegg

Magegg

My Anticip-O-Meter updated:

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR. Looks like it's going to be great, just like Civil War.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOLUME 2. Looks like the most mysterious, less safe and most fun. It's great to see it's set very far away from Earth so they can do anything. Definitely Interested.

THOR: RAGNAROK. Looks cool. Hulk, Thor, I like that stuff. And I think it's going to be better than The Dark World no doubt.

BLACK PANTHER. It's going to be interesting, and they're putting together a good cast. Can't wait to watch.

The so-so:

SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING. Looks like they're going with a more comic-booky feel, Shocker and stuff. At least it's not a straight reboot, just a new Spider-Man movie set in media res, so I'd like it for sure, and Marvel Studios is going to give us the funniest Spider-Man ever, we can be sure. I'm a little concerned because of the "Disney movie" appearance of the cast, but I think they're going to keep the support cast under control and this is going to be for the most a very fun comic book movie.

ANT-MAN AND THE WASP. I trust it's going to be good. Michael Douglas, Paul Rudd, Michael Peña, all them confirmed and working in the film, I definitely on board. But we still don't know yet what is the plot going to be, so I have no idea of how excited should be I for this.

DEADPOOL 2. Uh. It's going to be fun, I guess. Looking forward to Cable...

My least anticipated:

DOCTOR STRANGE. The "Inception" approach to magic is not appealing to me, same with the lead actor. The story seems pretty straightforward for a superhero movie, and the villain looks like it's going to suck. Very little interest here.

CAPTAIN MARVEL. The character looks boring and he sucks in the most recent comics. Doesn't seem to have an appealing style or mythology to distinguish itself from more interesting Marvel movies. It's early to call on, but this is definitely the MCU movie I'm least interested about.

LOGAN. Shitty writer, shitty director, everything from the premise, cast roll and shooting scenes look nauseous. The sole idea of seeing Wolverine and Xavier beaten and old as shit in a post-apocalyptic world is off-putting to me. Not going to watch unless it surprises with rave reviews (very unlikely).

ANTICIP-O-METER:
|||||||||| ( 10.0 ) <---- Avengers: Infinity War
|||||||||/  ( 9.0 ) <---- Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2
||||||||/    ( 8.5 ) <----- Black Panther
||||||||/   ( 8.5 ) <----- Thor: Ragnarok
|||||||/   ( 7.5 ) <---- Spider-Man: Homecoming
|||||||    ( 7.0 ) <---- Ant-Man and the Wasp
||||||/     ( 6.5 ) <---- Deadpool 2
|||||/    ( 5.5 ) <---- Doctor Strange
|||/      ( 3.5 ) <---- Captain Marvel
||        (  2.0 ) <----- Logan

KiramidHead

My votes go to Logan and Guardians of the Galaxy 2. I'm also excited for Doctor Strange next week.

I'd have voted for Punisher if Netflix shows were included.

Nostromo

Nostromo

I chose Avengers first for sure. And Thor 2nd because there is some heavy duty huge demons and the Hulk in it. Wherever the big baddies or Hulk is I'm in.

Spider-Man should be called Spider-Geek or Spider-Kid not sure what happened to the great Spider-Man from the 70's until Tobey Mcgwire took over. Even in the new comics he looks like a 13 year old..

Wolverine is my favorite after the Hulk but man have his movies been laymo. The first hour of his 2nd one was good. But fk me is he ever going to have a great fight with some Juggernaut or just killing scumbag humans in every movie...Logan looks like plain vanilla but we'll see..

Deadpool 2 and Guardians will probably be great. Really like those 2 series. Black Panther, Wasp, Ant-Man I always found boring.

Never really read Captain Marvel, always found he or she some kind of poor man's Superman lol. I may be wrong though. I'll go see all of them except for those 3 boring ones and Spider Man maybe, although the villains look great this time. If it's a reboot and half the movie is wasted on him getting bit etc..f it.

And for the record, I thought Civil war kind of sucked.

Watching Power Man now and can't wait for Iron Fist my 3rd fave character...

So here's my list after that semi rant. Marvel since it's a Marvel only thread.

1. Anything with Hulk
2. Anything with super bad guys like Apocalypse, Thanos, those huge demons in the Thor world, Ultron, etc.
3. Power man and Iron Fist.
4. Iron Man has probably had the best actor play him so he's always great.
5. Avengers vs super bad guys, not fighting each other. What a waste.
6. X-Men finally dumped the focus on all those half X-Mutants and did great in the last movie.
7. Quicksilver is effin funny.
8. Really like Captain America, Scarlett Johansson too, want to see them in a dark story maybe with Daredevil and Black Panther too. Should have hone that route instead of fighting each other...glad that's over or isn't? I will watch this movie again this week can't or don't want to remember it.

Nightmare Asylum

GotG Vol. 2 by farrrrrrr

mez86

GotG 2
Dr strange 2
thor 3
Antman and the wasp
avengers 3
black panther thought he was great in civil war

Magegg

Logan is looking good, gotta be honest...

Magegg

Magegg

I'm definitely lowering my score for Guardians of the Galaxy 2. The two short teasers have failed to interest me (but I still have to wait for the next trailer).

Thor: Ragnarok, on the other hand, is looking better and better every time.

Current:

My most anticipated:

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR. Looks like it's going to be great, just like Civil War.

BLACK PANTHER. Every new piece of news makes this seem more interesting. I like the all black cast, and for what it looks it will be a political thriller and intrigue movie. I think this could be our new Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Really interested in it.

THOR: RAGNAROK. Looks cool. Hulk, Thor, the gladiator stuff in the posters, I think it looks better every time. It's going to be better than The Dark World no doubt, but they've said it will also feature a lot of comedy, so the expectations are not that high to me. And for what it looks, this one and GotG2 will be both cosmic/space adventure, maybe this one will suffer a little from the repetition feeling...

DEADPOOL 2. It's going to be fun, most likely. Looks like they'll use this movie to start setting up X-Force, so that gives it extra interest. Who knows, maybe they will build the new X-Men reboot stuff around Deadpool, so we better keep an eye. Still not that excited, because I found the first movie overrated. But hey, IT'S X-FORCE! :D

The so-so:

LOGAN. The trailer was truly incredible but I don't have a lot of trust considering the record of this series. But I have to say, saying Stewart and Jackman reprise their roles one last time is tempting to say the least, and this looks like will bring a closure for the X-Men film series, so that's something to behold. Still more or less afraid they will f**k it up again, anyway.

CAPTAIN MARVEL. I'm just like, you know, getting progressively more curious about how will the character be adapted. It's not that I'm that excited to put it on top of the others, but lately the rest of the movies have started to look more and more underwhelming to me...

SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING. Looks like they're going with a more comic-booky feel, Shocker and stuff. At least it's not a straight reboot, just a new Spider-Man movie set in media res, so I'd like it for sure, and Marvel Studios is going to give us the funniest Spider-Man ever, we can be sure. I'm a little concerned because of the "Disney movie" appearance of the cast, but I think they're going to keep the support cast under control and this is going to be for the most a very fun comic book movie. I'm interested in Shocker the most.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2. Teasers have been of my taste, too much comedy and cute factor exploitation. We still don't know what the story is yet. I give it a little more of trust because my appreciation for the first movie grew, so this could be a good fun time.

My least anticipated:

ANT-MAN AND THE WASP. I think this one is going to suffer the most because it will be 'sandwiched' between both Infinity War movies. The first Ant-Man movie was surprisingly great but will they be able to repeat it? Marvel must be afraid of the lack of appeal with the character, hopefully they won't do something drastic. For rumors I've read, there are some cast changes I wouldn't like them to confirm: Hank Pym's role being a lot smaller, Luis's hacker friends not returning... I definitely don't like. I don't know, this series is the one that seems to have the least chances of a third part and if part 2 is going to be bad, I'd rather prefer them to not produce it. I'm simply afraid about this.

ANTICIP-O-METER:
|||||||||| ( 10.0 ) <---- Avengers: Infinity War
|||||||||/   ( 9.5 ) <----- Black Panther
|||||||||    ( 9.0 ) <----- Thor: Ragnarok
||||||||/   ( 8.5 ) <---- Deadpool 2
|||||||/    ( 7.5 ) <---- Logan
|||||||/    ( 7.5 ) <---- Captain Marvel
|||||||    ( 7.0 ) <---- Spider-Man: Homecoming
|||||||    ( 7.0 ) <---- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
||||          ( 4.0 ) <---- Ant-Man and the Wasp

Magegg

Can't lie, getting really pumped up for Logan, best trailers so far, gonna update the poll after Super Bowl trailers.

Nyarlathotep

There will likely be a new trailer released for it during the Superbowl so you may want to keep your eyes out for it.

Magegg

Magegg

New update!!

My most anticipated:

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR. Production's already begun! No idea what they're planning or if the storyline will continue with Avengers 4, that's something to be worried about a little but we all want to see the conclussion of the long storyline.

LOGAN. Newest trailers have been perfect and everything looks like it'll be a bold step for the series. I don't trust it completely because of, you know, Fox and Mangold, but f**k yeah I can't wait to watch this.

BLACK PANTHER. The cast looks incredible, Black Panther is an outstanding character and looks like it will be a political thriller just like Winter Soldier. I'm eager to see minor characters like Martin Freeman's Everett Ross and Andy Serkis's Ulysses Klaw to come back. Really really interested.

THOR: RAGNAROK. There has been new revelations, including the villain. I think this movie will be a great experience, there are gladiators, there's the search of Odin, and a trip around the Nine Realms. There's Loki, there's Hulk, there's Strange. Maybe even the Guardians of the Galaxy. Hopefully everything connects naturally. It's going to be better than The Dark World no doubt, and it will definitely connect with the upcoming Infinity War, so I'm really anticipating this because it will be a game-changer.

The so-so:

SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING. It's Spidey!! It's back. It's comic book-y. It includes some silly characters (I'm interested in Shocker, Tinkerer and Prowler a lot). And there's Iron Man! The movie's definitely going to be a lot of fun and hopefully the start of a great storyline for the wallcrawler. The only reason why I don't anticipate that much is because of the villain, which doesn't look interesting enough for me.

CAPTAIN MARVEL. It will be a new license, and most likely different to anything we've seen from Marvel before. That alone makes me get interested, because Marvel's doing different and exciting things every time. I think the character will debut in Infinity War, maybe we get a look of how the movie will be.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2. It's Marvel, so I'm gonna watch it. That said, the trailers haven't sold me. There are many things I don't like (new and old characters, an excess of comedy, etc.), the action is not of my taste and everything seems way too light for me to get into. But it's Marvel, so it's gonna be a good time. But I have the feeling this could end up like Thor 2.

My least anticipated:

DEADPOOL 2. I'm getting worried they're overrating this franchise a lot, the writers have said they want the X-Men film series to be more like Deadpool and less like the past movies, and that's a mistake, IMO. Also, not exactly sure on how this will connect with X-Force, but I'm getting more worried every time. My interest will probably rise if Jackman's confirmed on it. Hell, Wolverine could even end up in an X-Force movie? There's a lot of stuff that makes me interested and worried at the same time, it's like torture!

ANT-MAN AND THE WASP. I think this one is going to suffer the most because it will be 'sandwiched' between both Infinity War movies. The first Ant-Man movie was surprisingly great but will they be able to repeat it? Marvel must be afraid of the lack of appeal with the character, hopefully they won't do something drastic. For rumors I've read, there are some cast changes I wouldn't like them to confirm: Hank Pym's role being a lot smaller, Luis's hacker friends not returning... I definitely don't like. I don't know, this series is the one that seems to have the least chances of a third part and if part 2 is going to be bad, I'd rather prefer them to not produce it. I'm simply afraid about this.

NEW MUTANTS. I would have prefered them to continue with the storyline of Jean, Storm and Cyclops, this looks like an unnecessary detour. Also I don't like the idea of adapting from the comics in a loyal way, since they said the movie will be a straight translation of the first graphic novel of New Mutants. I don't like the character roster and also, according to the rumors they will include both Magik and Warlock in the group. Introducing magic and alien/robots to the already established XCU in a single movie and without a lot of focus on it, seems like the recipe for a disaster.

ANTICIP-O-METER:
|||||||||/ ( 9.5 ) <---- Avengers: Infinity War
|||||||||    ( 9.0 ) <----- Logan
|||||||||    ( 9.0 ) <----- Black Panther
|||||||||    ( 9.0 ) <----- Thor: Ragnarok
||||||||/    ( 8.5 ) <---- Spider-Man: Homecoming
||||||||    ( 8.0 ) <---- Captain Marvel
|||||||/    ( 7.5 ) <---- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
||||||       ( 6.0 ) <---- Deadpool 2
||||          ( 4.0 ) <---- Ant-Man and the Wasp
||               ( 2.0 ) <---- New Mutants

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed