What upcoming Marvel movie and TV show you anticipate the most?

Started by Magegg, Jul 22, 2013, 11:22:43 PM

What upcoming Marvel movie and TV show you anticipate the most?

Morbius (2022)
0 (0%)
Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness (2022)
1 (50%)
Thor: Love And Thunder (2022)
0 (0%)
Moon Knight (2022)
0 (0%)
She-Hulk (2022)
0 (0%)
Ms. Marvel (2022)
0 (0%)
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (2022)
0 (0%)
The Marvels (2023)
0 (0%)
Loki season 2
0 (0%)
Secret Invasion (2023)
0 (0%)
Armor Wars (2023)
0 (0%)
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (2023)
0 (0%)
Ant-Man & The Wasp: Quantumania (2023)
0 (0%)
Ironheart (2023)
0 (0%)
Echo TV series (20??)
0 (0%)
Fantastic Four (2024)
2 (100%)
Blade (20??)
0 (0%)
Wakanda tv series (20??)
0 (0%)
Deadpool 3 (20??)
0 (0%)
Captain America 4 (20??)
0 (0%)
Agatha: House of Harkness (20??)
0 (0%)
Shang-Chi sequel (20??)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author
What upcoming Marvel movie and TV show you anticipate the most? (Read 20,220 times)

Magegg

Magegg

You can pick up to two movies, and change your vote every time.

New update!!

My most anticipated:
BLACK PANTHER. A new license for Marvel! The production art looks outstanding, there's a great cast and concept, a new and different setting, as well as royal and politic themes here which is always interesting. I'm sure I'm not the only one anticipating this. Each time I'm more convinced this could be the next 'Winter Soldier' for Marvel. We have politics, we have royalty, technology, perhaps a little of mysticism? Also, it's building a completely new land and the African thing, I mean, could be really breakthrough. Hope so.

X-FORCE. I think maybe Fox found its niche with cheaper, R-Rated and more "directorial" movies (with less producers interferrence). Thing that makes me nervous is Reynolds being too much involved in this, I hope they won't make this into a comedy like Deadpool, but if this is a hardboiled gritty and violent X-Men spinoff (a la "Total Recall") could be a true winner. Also, I would like to have an older X-23 in the movie. I don't know, I had the feelings that Fox is not going to drop the ball with this.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR. I hope this will be at least as good as Civil War, it'll be interesting to see how the trilogy closes, also what about the fourth film? Will that be a direct continuation or another thing? I only know I'm very curious about it.

The so-so:
NEW MUTANTS. Got to say, the confirmation of sorcerers, demons, aliens, the "horror movie" genre they revealed and the supposed synopsis, sounds more interesting than the "young adult X-Men Academy" things we were reported in the past. We won't even have Xavier (which maybe isn't necessary considering the new genre they're leaning towards) but we'll have Rosario Dawson and Cecilia Reyes. Getting much curious about it; could be a gamechanger for the entire XCU lineup. Sounds cool.

THOR: RAGNAROK. The advertisement and everything has been a little flat, a little predictable, a little too 'funny'. I was initially excited because this is going to lead towards Infinity War... but Infinity War is still going to arrive anyways. I just feel the Thor series has always been lacking, and if they continue with this humor/adventure tone, I don't think anything serious they'll try to push into this movie I won't be able to take seriously... It's still going to be entertaining, at least.

X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX. The short writing and production time, Kinberg directing and lack of a confirmed cast tells me this could be another disaster, just another repetition of Apocalypse or The Last Stand. But I'll go to watch it no matter what; they're my muties. I mean, no movie in the XCU has been awful to my taste... could end up being mediocre, but I'll get some enjoyment anyway.

ANT-MAN AND THE WASP. I'm starting to get more open about this. We've been having some alarming reports in the past but they haven't been confirmed at all, and Evangeline Lilly's already suiting up. I'll believe everything's going right...

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 3. I'm pumped about the Stallone team, it's only thing I can say. Could be the coolest GOTG movie.

CAPTAIN MARVEL. I wonder what is going to be the tone of this, I hope they won't turn this into a brainless chick flick only to please the female audience, the character is a true badass and I'm curious to see how Marvel creates a new license or trilogy with a female protagonist.

My least anticipated:
DEADPOOL 2. Could end up being a bad comedy that tries too hard, I'm actually not excited... the only reason I could find to like it is the presence of Cable. Not excited about the villain (Black Tom or something), so it stays the same. I think I'll like them to skip this over and start with X-Force right away.

SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING. I'm still looking forward to this movie, a little bored since there haven't been new trailers or pictures or anything. I hope this is not purely aimed to teenagers, in fact I prefer an older Spider-Man, but I'm sure this movie will be cool. The only thing I don't like is the villain, seems boring to me.

GAMBIT. Meh. No movement, probably never happening.

SILVER & BLACK. You know, I think this doesn't look like a bad idea. I mean, it's going to be Spider-Manless, so it doesn't connect to anything and thus doesn't give me the hook to look forward... but as for the concept, I think it's solid and could work very well: an assassin/mercenary joining forces with a thief to stop a terrorist/criminal organization. Could be fun guaranteed if done well. I would watch it if it's good.

VENOM. We know practically nothing about this, I could start getting excited once we know the angle they're going to approach it. We've never had a Sony R-Rated superhero movie, though... not sure if they'll be able to handle it.

ANTICIP-O-METER:
|||||||||/   ( 9.5 ) <----- Black Panther
|||||||||    ( 9.0 ) <---- Avengers: Infinity War
|||||||||  ( 9.0 ) <----- X-Force
||||||||     ( 8.0 ) <---- New Mutants
|||||||/    ( 7.5 ) <----- Thor: Ragnarok
|||||||    ( 7.0 ) <----- X-Men: Dark Phoenix
|||||||    ( 7.0 ) <----- Ant-Man & The Wasp
||||||/    ( 6.5 ) <---- Captain Marvel
||||||    ( 6.0 ) <---- Deadpool 2
|||||/    ( 5.5 ) <---- Spider-Man: Homecoming
|||||    ( 5.0 ) <----- Gambit
||||    ( 4.0 ) <----- Silver & Black
|||    ( 3.0 ) <----- Venom

I plan on updating my list every few months or so, with every new reveal, you can do the same with yours.

Shasvre

Guardians of the Galaxy. Still would have voted for that even if Age of Ultron was in the list.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

X-Men, followed by the Thor and Captain America sequels.

Not interested in the other two.

TheLoneSpoon

Quote from: Magegg on Jul 22, 2013, 11:22:43 PM

ANTICIP-O-METER:

|||||||||| ( 10 ) <---- Captain America: The Winter Soldier
|||||||||   ( 9 ) <----- X-Men: Days of Future Past
||||||||    ( 8 ) <----- The Amazing Spider-Man 2
|||||||     ( 7 ) <----- Thor: The Dark World
|||||||     ( 7 ) <----- Guardians of the Galaxy

I plan on updating my list every few months or so, with every new reveal, you can do the same with yours.

Your least anticipated movie is still a 7? Das pretty high bro.

Local Trouble

The first Sony or Fox movie that officially takes place in the MCU.

TheLoneSpoon

Quote from: Magegg on Jul 22, 2013, 11:26:18 PM
Quote from: TheLoneSpoon on Jul 22, 2013, 11:25:13 PMYour least anticipated movie is still a 7? Das pretty high bro.
I'm Marvel's bitch  8)

xD

It's that Rocket Raccoon hype.

Local Trouble

I'm less excited about Thanos than I am with the prospect of a proper Dr. Doom.

TheLoneSpoon

Quote from: Magegg on Jul 22, 2013, 11:29:57 PM
Quote from: TheLoneSpoon on Jul 22, 2013, 11:28:06 PM
Quote from: Magegg on Jul 22, 2013, 11:26:18 PM
Quote from: TheLoneSpoon on Jul 22, 2013, 11:25:13 PMYour least anticipated movie is still a 7? Das pretty high bro.
I'm Marvel's bitch  8)

xD

It's that Rocket Raccoon hype.

Thanos.

Aren't they the same person?

Cvalda

I'm excited for whichever one bombs the hardest and finally puts a stop to this cycle of churned out crap.

Wishful thinking, I know ;-;

TheLoneSpoon

Quote from: Cvalda on Jul 22, 2013, 11:36:06 PM
I'm excited for whichever one bombs the hardest and finally puts a stop to this cycle of churned out crap.

This isn't the DC movie thread.

ShadowPred

I'll stream it.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Cpt America 2 :)

I liked the first, not great but good, much like most of the Marvel flicks so far, bar Iron Man which is great.

GotG I'm definitely curious about but I'm not sure if it will work.

Spider Man 2 is just regurgitated crap with a different bad guy...and that bad guy looks awful.

Not really a fan of X-Men

Thor...meh, kinda silly, I'm on the fence.

I like your style ;) but some of it is fun.

Magegg

Curiously, I think Thor 2 could be the most similar to Man of Steel: big-scale action and exotic designs.

And probably because of that, they won't be able to top it and MoS fans will mock it.

Xenomorphine

I'm finding it... Difficult to even find interest in any of these.

I liked the ASM reboot (detested the Lizard's appearance, but there you go), yet, the new teaser for the sequel looks insanely campy, which isn't a good sign.

Likewise, I liked the 'X-Men' prequel, but I never read any of the comics. I have no idea what to expect. It's just 'another movie' to me.

Haven't liked a single one of the movie series connected to 'Avengers' - with the honourable exception of the very first 'Iron Man'. Even 'Avengers', itself, I was very underwhelmed by (and, no, Thanos meant nothing to me, as I haven't read the comics). Didn't help that its main villain was, of all possible choices... Loki. A diva with daddy issues. Someone like that's not interesting for me to watch on screen, much less capable of making me fear for/care about the characters he's going up against.

Don't know a thing about 'Guardians Of The Galaxy', aside from how bizarre it looks. Which isn't a selling point to me. Maybe the adverts might change my mind.

Now, if they went and made a big screen version of Marvel's UK 'Zoids' adaptation... >:D

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Shasvre on Jul 22, 2013, 11:24:20 PM
Guardians of the Galaxy. Still would have voted for that even if Age of Ultron was in the list.

Agreed completely with this.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed