Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Started by Shasvre, Jul 20, 2013, 05:03:28 PM

Author
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) (Read 520,948 times)

KiramidHead

Quote from: First Blood on Sep 30, 2014, 09:33:57 PM
I wonder if Superman will flirt with Wonder Woman. Seeing as they've always had a fling with each other.

Nah, let Batman flirt with her.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: RazorSlash on Sep 30, 2014, 09:30:03 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 30, 2014, 05:54:01 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 30, 2014, 04:53:59 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 30, 2014, 11:13:43 AM
It's moments like that that make the DC films feel more "real" than the Marvel ones. I can't imagine heroes would suddenly be embraced like they are in Marvel films.

The Marvel comics are screwed up in that regard. Most heroes people are cool with, but if it's a mutant they get all pissed. :laugh:

Yeah, I've never understood what exactly makes Mr. Fantastic any different from Prof X. Sure, one was born human, the other a mutant but once he went into space, Reed effectively came back a mutant.
People view mutates as people who have been afflicted with a terrible "illness", of sorts, that they have since learned to control. People fear mutants because they are born with these powers, are large in numbers and a great portion of the population, and are simply different. Marvel doesn't try to hide that the people who hate mutants are racists.

Also the idea of a baby that can level half a city just by sneezing is horrifying.

Mutates are still different. They aren't normal, by any stretch.

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 30, 2014, 09:34:28 PM
Quote from: First Blood on Sep 30, 2014, 09:33:57 PM
I wonder if Superman will flirt with Wonder Woman. Seeing as they've always had a fling with each other.

Nah, let Batman flirt with her.

Yeah I can see Bruce and Diana dating and both secretly knowing the other's identity. They've always seemed like a cooler/ weirder couple to me than Wonder Woman hooking up with another superhuman.

Russ

Russ

Quote from: Gilfryd on Oct 01, 2014, 02:28:44 AM

Yeah I can see Bruce and Diana dating and both secretly knowing the other's identity. They've always seemed like a cooler/ weirder couple to me than Wonder Woman hooking up with another superhuman.

They riffed on this in the (excellent) Justice League and Justice League Unlimited cartoons. It was Wonder Woman doing the pursuing and Batman refusing to "date a team-mate." It was never overstated, but they referenced it several times. Interestingly, it had no basis in the comics... Timm and co came up with that.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Heh, was there ever any friction between her and Catwoman over Batman's affections?

Vertigo

Vertigo

Wonder Woman will just see ultra-bestubbled Affleck as Sexy Batman, and be like "Super-who?"

Russ

Russ

Sadly no - Catwoman (if I remember it right) was part of Batman's past. The JL/JLU Batman was a fair bit older than the Batman: The Animated Series - I reckoned he was late 30's by the end of it. You know...I can't remember seeing Catwoman in the JL/JLU programmes come to think of it.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Vertigo on Oct 01, 2014, 02:12:28 PM
Wonder Woman will just see ultra-bestubbled Affleck as Sexy Batman, and be like "Super-who?"

Good.  The DCAU Batman/WW thing was more interesting anyway.

Tangakkai

Quote from: Russ on Oct 01, 2014, 01:12:53 PM
Quote from: Gilfryd on Oct 01, 2014, 02:28:44 AM

They riffed on this in the (excellent) Justice League and Justice League Unlimited cartoons. It was Wonder Woman doing the pursuing and Batman refusing to "date a team-mate." It was never overstated, but they referenced it several times. Interestingly, it had no basis in the comics... Timm and co came up with that.

Those JL cartoons did a magnificent job of showing the relationship between the members. Especially Diana's and Bruce's. I would like to see that in a cinematic version as wel.

BTW: Didn't an early casting call reveal that they were looking for a fit and athletic female Actress ready to play the love-interest of Bruce Wayne?

Enter Gal Gadot.

Russ

Russ

I don't know - I can't remember for sure.

Local Trouble

I'm sure this movie has an army of personal trainers getting Gal Gadot in shape for this movie.  Have some faith, people!

And let's all be real: Zack Snyder is Affleck's bitch. Affleck is totally ghost directing this flick and it'll be top quality because of that alone.

KirklandSignature

I thought Wonder Woman was a lesbian?

KiramidHead

Nah, she's just a bondage freak.

First Blood

Quote from: KirklandSignature on Oct 03, 2014, 06:49:14 PM

She comes from Lesbo Island.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: First Blood on Oct 03, 2014, 06:57:00 PM
Quote from: KirklandSignature on Oct 03, 2014, 06:49:14 PM

She comes from Lesbo Island.

Like she said herself - they call it Paradise Island for a reason. ;) ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed