Stasis Interrupted DLC Announced

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Jul 17, 2013, 08:17:50 PM

Author
Stasis Interrupted DLC Announced (Read 24,179 times)

TorsoInvader

TorsoInvader

Quote from: SM on Jul 19, 2013, 01:14:54 AM
[qute]Alot of people do consider the tech manuel to be correct.

Bits of it I consider correct too.  Some bits aren't.

And Hicks being alive is - as I oft alluded to - an idea unworthy of even the shittiest fan fic.
[/quote]

ok fair enough.

Eh true i suppose. Being a fan of the early alien 3 scripts i somewhat like the idea that hicks could be alive but thats just me i guess.

lol ive read fanfics that explained how hudson could have survived that are much worse.

Quote from: swarm87 on Jul 19, 2013, 01:09:26 AM
Quote from: Jarac on Jul 18, 2013, 03:09:11 PM
I just really hate how they are esentially selling you an important aspect of the story that should have been put in the game. "That's another story" was obviously DLC-bait, but dammit, that's something I would expect from EA. This DLC is just plain greedy.

except EA would have given it away for free; given how well they handled the mass effect 3 fiasco, i dont think they would want another PR "crap-storm" on their hands
That was after massive fan backlash though and massive EA stock drops.

SM

SM

Quotelol ive read fanfics that explained how hudson could have survived that are much worse.

Gearpox almost did that too...

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Jul 19, 2013, 01:14:54 AM
QuoteAlot of people do consider the tech manuel to be correct.

Bits of it I consider correct too.  Some bits aren't.

Such as?

SM

SM

Off the top of my head, description of LV-426, size and speed of Sulaco.  ie. Stuff where you can make a comparison to the source material.  Other stuff that LBW made up - no problem.

windebieste

windebieste

The last piece of this DLC set better be an improvement over the rest of this smoking turd of a game.  Not really convinced it's even possible, however. 

6 years of development and $60,000,000 spent on it... atrocious, really. 

-Windebieste.

SPECIAL FORCES

SPECIAL FORCES

Quote from: windebieste on Jul 19, 2013, 06:43:15 AM

6 years of development and $60,000,000 spent on it... atrocious, really. 

lol they could have added a little more $$$ and film a ''real'' sequel of Aliens

Imagine lights out...the film starting...20th Century Fox...and then SEGA! and Sonic running across the screen XD

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

We all knew this was coming. I've got the Season Pass so I'll give it a shot. I'd like to think it can't be any worse than the campaign.

Lie

Lie

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 19, 2013, 10:21:23 AM
We all knew this was coming. I've got the Season Pass so I'll give it a shot. I'd like to think it can't be any worse than the campaign.

Famous last words, well you never know. Maybe the fact that it's centered around Hicks might make it somewhat more enjoyable.

ChanceVance

ChanceVance

I for one cannot wait to play this simply to see what justification they've cooked up story-line wise as to why Hicks is still alive.I'm not expecting it to make any sense but I'd love to see them try

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 19, 2013, 10:21:23 AM
Will look forward to a review... or a series of angry facebook posts  :laugh:

Vers

Vers

At the end you approach the chair of Michael Weyland to finish the company once and for all. Only to have it swing around to reveal Randy with two fists full of money and laughing at you.

Game over, man.

I still like the multiplayer, but I can't get over how awful the campaign was and still is. Needless to say, I won't be getting up early to see how this one wraps up.

Jarac

Jarac

Quote from: Effectz on Jul 19, 2013, 01:22:22 AM
People still willing to pay money on this detritus?

Some people blindly bought the Season Pass, so they might as well use it.

TorsoInvader

TorsoInvader

Quote from: SM on Jul 19, 2013, 01:49:23 AM
Quotelol ive read fanfics that explained how hudson could have survived that are much worse.

lol really??

i can see it now.... he survived a 40 megaton explosion because he is the ultimate badass. :laugh:

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Quote from: PanCoreUnit on Jul 20, 2013, 03:14:17 PM
Quote from: SM on Jul 19, 2013, 01:49:23 AM

lol really??

i can see it now.... he survived a 40 megaton explosion because he is the ultimate badass. :laugh:

Thats the only reason he needs  :D

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: ChanceVance on Jul 19, 2013, 01:38:39 PM
I for one cannot wait to play this simply to see what justification they've cooked up story-line wise as to why Hicks is still alive.I'm not expecting it to make any sense but I'd love to see them try

You could save your money and just watch the You Tube footage which will quickly spring up.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed