NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 815,868 times)

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

I don't recall the inner mouth being described as that long, but it's been a while. Does anybody have the descriptive quote to hand?

Darkness

Darkness

INT. EGG CHAMBER

Ripley awakens, struggles to move.

A drone is excreting cocoon material over her, anchoring her body to the wall of death.

The drone is a small albino version of the Alien creature.
Where the warrior has a set of striking teeth within its head, the drone has an excreting probe, like an organic stucco-gun.

The air is thick with steam.
Figures move back and forth, carrying eggs one way, returning empty.
Evacuation.

The taller silhouettes of warriors can be seen, moving with nightmarish grace.

LordCassusSnow

LordCassusSnow

Neca really needs to do more research into their figures. Im surprised more of the community dont voice their opinions on Neca's twitter page. Then again Randy will probably just ignore your complaints as hes a tyrant lol. What Neca really needs now is the license for Drake. Then we can get a full kenner marines tribute from them! Also, was really hoping Newt came with a queen facehugger accessory to put around her face  ;D

Otter

Otter

Frost looks fantastic. He's not my first pick for remaining marines, but I'll definitely be getting him.  From that image he could be one of the best likenesses so far.  This is turning into a great year.  And I was supposed to be paring back the collecting!

drsmuts

drsmuts

Quote from: LordCassusSnow on Apr 29, 2016, 08:15:18 PM
Neca really needs to do more research into their figures. Im surprised more of the community dont voice their opinions on Neca's twitter page. Then again Randy will probably just ignore your complaints as hes a tyrant lol. What Neca really needs now is the license for Drake. Then we can get a full kenner marines tribute from them! Also, was really hoping Newt came with a queen facehugger accessory to put around her face  ;D

So...no positives at all for you in Vasquez, Frost etc?

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

NECA should do the "Box Alien" as a concept figure.

windebieste

windebieste

Vazquez looks stunning...  and looks like she's worth getting.  Will the smartgun be the same sculpt as the Kenner tribute Ripley accessory?

Love the anemic Xeno!  No doubt, this appearance is the result of its blood containing too much acid instead of hemogloben.  lol. 

Yes.  It reminds me of 'Resident Evil's licker as well.  On the other hand, Giger was a very practical designer.  He did state that the elongated head was justification to house a very long tongue.  The albino's tongue here looks like it's very elastic and is being displayed at its full length on the figure. 

I'm guessing, like the tail, it will have a wire core and be a flexible body part.

-Windebieste.

Number13

Number13

Why out of all the Alien figures did the Newt figure, the one I wanted the most, have to be SDCC exclusive? Don't answer that. I'm pretty sure they thought that it wouldn't sell very well if it was mass produced and decided to make a limited number. Oh well. The Ahab Predator was exclusive and I can still get that on that on ebay, it's twice as much, so there might still be hope. All in good time.

bobcunk

bobcunk

Quote from: LordCassusSnow on Apr 29, 2016, 08:15:18 PM
Quote from: Darkness on Apr 29, 2016, 07:49:54 PM
INT. EGG CHAMBER

Weres this from?

Ripley awakens, struggles to move.

A drone is excreting cocoon material over her, anchoring her body to the wall of death.

The drone is a small albino version of the Alien creature.
Where the warrior has a set of striking teeth within its head, the drone has an excreting probe, like an organic stucco-gun.

The air is thick with steam.
Figures move back and forth, carrying eggs one way, returning empty.
Evacuation.

The taller silhouettes of warriors can be seen, moving with nightmarish grace.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

That albino alien is the stuff of f**king nightmares  ;D ;D
I'm digging it a lot, loved how Vaz looked and Frost looks to be on point as well. I'm glad they fixed the helmet camo since they messed up Hudsons.  I've skipped the past few alien lines but this one I'll pick up in its entirety.

LordCassusSnow

LordCassusSnow

Drsmuts, im actually planning on building three four tier glass cabinets for my neca figures. One themed for Aliens, one themed for Engineers and one themed for Predators. Each shelf will display a different diorama with its own title and custom lighting and backgrounds. Unfortunately since Neca's figures are so big i've been having to constantly make compromises by changing my list of figures and think of different diorama schemes. As of now, i have no plans to include any marines from Aliens. I do, however, have plans for any Kenner tribute marines and aliens Neca has planned in the near future for one diorama i'm calling Bio-Mechanoids. As for this series, well, i always considered the blue warrior aliens i bought to be the drones while my black and brown aliens serve as warrior types sooo this albino alien will probably go to Bio-Mechanoids just because the theme is kenner marines vs Aliens that come from different host types in a ravaged lab complex corridor.

Positives though? Hell yeah these figures are a must buy for any Aliens fan with room in their collection. I'm especially relieved they have straight faces. One of my biggest problems with the two versions of Hicks and Hudson that were produced was that the facial expressions were all wrong, with the exception of helmetless Hicks i suppose. In my opinion, Hicks with helmet should have had a straight face, one Hudson should have had a straight face with helmet and the other Hudson with helmet should have had the panick attack face. Heres hoping Neca gets it right by making ultimate versions of Hicks and Hudson with straight faces for the true Aliens fans who deserve it.

Otter

Otter

I'm just happy to have a Hudson that looks like Hudson.  Both of them are fantastic expressions that really reflect the character in my opinion.

I'd love to have a neutral expression Hudson, don't get me wrong, but not at the expense of another, unique character.

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: Number13 on Apr 29, 2016, 09:52:39 PM
Why out of all the Alien figures did the Newt figure, the one I wanted the most, have to be SDCC exclusive? Don't answer that. I'm pretty sure they thought that it wouldn't sell very well if it was mass produced and decided to make a limited number. Oh well. The Ahab Predator was exclusive and I can still get that on that on ebay, it's twice as much, so there might still be hope. All in good time.

They put up stuff on their Neca Club website during CC.

Try to be on it during CC and see if you can get a purchase through. They sell them at the same price they sell them at the con.

Number13

Number13

Huh, that's interesting information. Thanks.

Should I join now and check back when SDCC starts?

Never mind. I thought I needed an account to buy something from the Neca Club store. But I guess not. Well I guess the microsecond Comic Con starts I'm hitting the web and getting that figure before someone else does.

Thanks DaddyYautja, I really appreciate it.

I stand corrected. I figured out how to register. But yeah, Neca did say they'll release info on how to get it these coming weeks. So I need to stay posted on Twitter.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Darkness on Apr 29, 2016, 07:16:41 PM
It wasn't supposed to be that big though, was it?

And I didn't know it had a really long tongue.

I believe it was supposed to be a smaller and the size of the tongue isn't mentioned. I would think it'd only be a normal size. I do wish they'd have made the figure smaller but I do love them doing these concepts. I might not get this one but I loved the translucent one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed