NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 815,089 times)

windebieste

windebieste

Woah..!  Waaay too much deja vu for one day!

Nice pickup all the same.  ;)

-Windebieste.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: windebieste on Dec 25, 2015, 02:46:22 AM
Talk about cutting it fine to get them out before Christmas but it's still nice to hear that they are now available.  It will be a few weeks before they hit the deck here in Australia, I am guessing. 

I'm looking forward to getting ahold of these items.  I still think it's an odd decision to release 2 Amanda Ripley figures and no Working Joe.  That decision still amazes me.  I would have preferred a Working Joe figure over Amanda wearing a compression suit.  Neca have already released 3 characters in suits, Kane, Ripley and Dallas. 

Do we even have a Lambert figure in a compression suit..?  No, but we do have 2 Amanda Ripley figures. 

I sometimes wonder about NECA's marketing.  Maybe we will get a second run at the game and a Joe will be part of that - but I'm very sceptical that will happen.

-Windebieste.
The only reason we got an Amanda Ripley at all is because they could get away with retooling and repainting existing figures, which saves on manufacturing costs. A Working Joe figure would be awesome, but it's unlikely because it would require an entirely new sculpt.

I wouldn't be surprised if we got a Lambert figure in spacesuit figure in the future, unless Veronica Cartwright won't sign off on the likeness.

windebieste

windebieste

For sure.  I totally understand Stompy and Amanda in her compression suit are retooled sculpts from previous items.  I understand NECA take such short cuts to deliver fresh characters - it's totally acceptable.  The other Amanda figure is a new sculpt, though.  It just surprises me that NECA believe 2 Amandas will be popular.  I've already seen more than one person express interest in purchasing multiple Working Joes for dioramas and staging them as crowds if they were available.  A pair of Amandas just can't deliver that - or make any sense - in that context.

There's also the ease with which a bald plastic faced figure with a bland expression permanently fixed on its face would be as an action figure.  A plastic likeness of a Working Joe face is ideal for action figure format.  Beyond that, it's just orange overalls, hands and shoes.  It's nothing like the kind of detail that has to go into some of the other characters.  I'd even go to say it would be great for the maintenance jack to be an accessory.  It's something that would have been great with Amanda in her jump suit, but hey.  The flamethrower, backpack and motion tracker were all good choices.

Oh well.  Still looking forward to seeing mine arrive in the mail.  Probably happen sometime early in the New Year.

-Windebieste.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

The "Amanda in Jumpsuit" figure is a retooled and repainted version of 'Alien' Ripley in a jumpsuit, it's especially apparent when you have them side-by-side like they were at my local Toys R Us today.

The "problem" with making a Working Joe is no matter how much or little detail they put into the figure, it would still be an entirely new sculpt, which means all-new molds for the factory.
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to get a Working Joe figure too, but I understand why they made the three figures they did.

windebieste

windebieste

Oh... I didn't realise they recycled Amanda's Ma as well.  lol. 

In that case I completely understand why we get these 3 choices then.  Aside from some accessories and limbs, no new complete sculpts were created for this set - just a few adjustments to existing sculpts.  Lengthen some legs here, add a pony tail there and give 'em each a fresh lick of paint and... Hey, Presto!  New set of figures. 

That explains everything; and I'm totally fine with that. 

Would still like to see W. Joe one day.  At least.

-Windebieste.

khas

khas

I completely agree with you. Neca reuses much of their molds to make the same figures over and over again. I am not convinced at all that policy. I think one of the few options we have is "bombing" Randy in his twitter account, asking for new characters.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

One day i would like to see the rest of the Nostromo crew and maybe a 1/4 scale Dog Alien.

GQSioux

GQSioux

Mine arrived today. Can't wait to open it later.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Oh, man. It looks so gorgeous. Between winde's review and all these pictures...I really want one. I just have nowhere to put it!

GQSioux

GQSioux

So in love with it. I'll take more pics of it later but I shot these tonight.

I love that it towers over my Die Hard: Nakatomi Plaza set.

Looks wicked in B&W too:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That is simply gorgeous.

windebieste

windebieste

Xenozilla.

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

GQSioux

GQSioux

Has anyone heard an official release date for the 1/4 scale Warrior from Aliens yet?

I wonder if they'll ever do a 1/4 scale Queen? Or is the deluxe Queen from last year the biggest they will go?

elemental-of-all

elemental-of-all

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 08, 2016, 08:55:45 PM

AvP:R molds for the AvP warriors? Ugh.
C'mon Neca, I know your lazy and reuse the same shit. But you can't slap a shiny dome on the AvP:R warrior and call it a day...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed