NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 814,910 times)

windebieste

windebieste

Ya.  Great time to be an 'ALIEN 3' fan, if this any indication of what we can expect in upcoming 'ALIEN' Series 8 content.  It's going to be at least a year before we see these get released.  Maybe by Christmas, 2016.

Would Fox licence out such content if the movie was going to be retconned?  It's an interesting thought.

Does anyone know the release date for the Series 6 'ALIEN: Isolation' stuff?   That must be due out any time, now. 

-Windebieste.

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

I perfectly remember NECA announced the WY commando a long time ago  8) Now if they get the likenesess of the actor who played Dillon that would be triple awesome: Nillon along with Hicks are the most badass male characters but Dillon not only faced the alien bare hands, he cheered up his mates when they lost any hope to catch the Alien with the follow speech which IMHO is one of the best but at the same time one of the most underrated speechs of the cinema history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTBbuQmeWvM

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Dec 12, 2015, 01:43:04 AM
Golic*
Yeah, I meant Golic. Had a brain freeze.

How about a Morse shaving his head figure? JK ;)

Born Of Cold Light

Born Of Cold Light

I wonder if their weapons will be different.  If you look closely in the movie, some of the pulse rifles are variants.

khas

khas

Which are the variations in pulse rifles? I never noticed ...

XenoHunter99

XenoHunter99

Quote from: windebieste on Dec 12, 2015, 01:43:49 AM
Would Fox licence out such content if the movie was going to be retconned?  It's an interesting thought.

Fox is in it for the money.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

hm, I'll pick up one or seven.

windebieste

windebieste

Quote from: XenoHunter99 on Dec 14, 2015, 03:16:42 PM

It's interesting that you say that.  Just think of the lost revenue Fox will sacrifice resulting from retconning 'ALIEN 3' and 'ALIEN: Resurrection'.  I bet Fox are thinking about it.

When those 2 movies are no longer considered a part of the series, there will be no more action figures for them.  No more Director's cuts.  No more re-issues on whatever format is around.  No more content relating to 'ALIEN 3' and 'ALIEN: Resurrection' on future Anthology releases.  Sure, they're in it for the money - but they're not killing their cash cow that easily. 

Fox won't sacrifice that 25 year old revenue stream so readily just to appease butt hurt fan boys, either.

No doubt we will see Blomkamp bring the USCM back to big screen bringing their pulse rifles with them in 'ALIEN 5'.  You can bet there will be no retcon, though.  As bad as 'ALIENS: Colonial Marines' was, it still endeavoured to fit in with established content of all 4 movies.  It can be done - it just doesn't have to be shit.

After all, Fox wants to have their cake and eat it too.   They will want to sell action figures for all 5 movies... not just 3 of them.

-Windebieste.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Then again, those sequels could be retconned as dreams or something...

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

Quote from: windebieste on Dec 15, 2015, 09:35:21 PM
Quote from: XenoHunter99 on Dec 14, 2015, 03:16:42 PM

It's interesting that you say that.  Just think of the lost revenue Fox will sacrifice resulting from retconning 'ALIEN 3' and 'ALIEN: Resurrection'.  I bet Fox are thinking about it.

When those 2 movies are no longer considered a part of the series, there will be no more action figures for them.  No more Director's cuts.  No more re-issues on whatever format is around.  No more content relating to 'ALIEN 3' and 'ALIEN: Resurrection' on future Anthology releases.  Sure, they're in it for the money - but they're not killing their cash cow that easily. 

Fox won't sacrifice that 25 year old revenue stream so readily just to appease butt hurt fan boys, either.

No doubt we will see Blomkamp bring the USCM back to big screen bringing their pulse rifles with them in 'ALIEN 5'.  You can bet there will be no retcon, though.  As bad as 'ALIENS: Colonial Marines' was, it still endeavoured to fit in with established content of all 4 movies.  It can be done - it just doesn't have to be shit.

After all, Fox wants to have their cake and eat it too.   They will want to sell action figures for all 5 movies... not just 3 of them.

-Windebieste.

That´s a good point and I think that´s the reason Fox delayed the pre production of Alien 5; probably they don´t wan´t do a retcon of the series, not such move could piss off those who love Alien 3 and Resurrection (includying myself)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Not to get off point but even if they do retcon Alien 3 and Resurrection, it wont stop them being able to sell product related to them. It's not like they are actually removed from the face of the earth.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9ZaoxDO0yU

Figure is available in two variations.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed