NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 839,208 times)

Mister Skeezler

drsmuts

drsmuts

Flamethrower Ripley production figure pic tweeted by NECA....shes incredible!

elemental-of-all

elemental-of-all

Pics are nice :P

Mister Skeezler

Mister Skeezler

I really do feel like my life won't be complete without a Brett and Parker 2-pack...

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: elemental-of-all on Jan 30, 2015, 10:08:05 PM

Pics are nice :P

Looks much better than the set of pictures.

And my local didn't have Series 3 in, only the Queen. He's still awaiting delivery. Gutted.

Vark_

Vark_

The lights on this picture are well balanced and the ambience is great, so yes, the figure looks better but... well... just like they did for Bishop. But the facts are : Bishop's face isn't really accurate IMO.
I still have doubts on the likeness about this Ripley, I'll be waiting for more and more pics before making up my mind to buy it.

@ Corporal Hicks : this is odd, series 3 has been in stores for weeks now, even here in France.

elemental-of-all

elemental-of-all

@ Corporal Hicks
Likewise, my LGS got the queen, but none of the other figs from series 3. I'm guessing the demand for the queen was higher. I really want the runner. From what I've seen it looks phenomenal.

@Vark Its weird, I don't know why the shipping is so scattered with NECA. Here in Canada it takes at least a month after the initial release date to get anything, and that's a month minimum.

gabgrave

gabgrave

Shipping depends on whether it's sent by air, or, well, by sea, via surface shipping... If its the latter, they usually combine enough goods to fill at least one container, before going on a two to 4 weeks sea journey. That could explain why things can arrive in different countries and even different shops several months apart.

Vark_

Vark_

The odd and frustrating thing is that CorporalHicks lives in the UK, and many UK / European shops had Series 3 for sale on late december. For instance I recieved my Dog Alien from a UK ebay shop on december 29th.
Maybe like you said his shop chose a slower shipping for less costs, or placed its order too late ?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

They were supposed to be here in time for Christmas apparently. Not really sure what's happening.  :-\

slaysaliens

slaysaliens

Here's Aliens Ripley from NECA, coming in series 5:

Full reveal of Series 5:

Ellen Ripley - As seen in Aliens w Flamethrower/Pulse Rifle combo

Bishop (Torn in Half) - Packed with an Open Egg and Facehugger w/ Bendable Tail

Genocide Warrior (Red)

Genocide Warrior (Black)

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Great, now I'll have a ton of half bishops just so I can get some eggs.

Really though, thats actually not a bad series, especially since they separated the warriors out.

Samus007

Samus007

That Ellen Ripley looks great. I can't wait to see the full reveal this weekend. I hope that one day NECA and/or Hot Toys makes an Amanda Ripley figure based on Alien Isolation.

Vark_

Vark_

Thanks for the hot news !  ;)

This Ripley sculpt looks georgeous, way better than the ones we saw in series 4 previews ! I hope they won't screw up the paint.
She'll look great in the power loader, can't wait to see her inside.

I'm also glad I didn't buy the casual Bishop from series 3, the torn in half version will be far more iconic and interesting to display (plus the bonus egg / hugger).

Oh, and some more tasty informations I picked on Figures.com :
QuoteAnd you can't have an Aliens movie collection without a slew of Xenomorph Warriors, can you? That's where the Series 5 Genocide Warriors come in. Randy commented on their return, "We wanted to get Xenos back into the line as some collectors missed out on the original Genocide 2-pack (see HERE) and others just want to build a larger hive. We are hard at work at brand new Xeno sculpts from Resurrection, AvP, and AvP: Requiem that you will see later this year along with a few other Alien surprises."

One of those surprises is NECA's Kenner-inspired action figures, the vintage concept made popular with Predator. The company now has plans for Alien. Randy Falk stated that "We are also working on our Kenner-inspired designs for (Aliens) Series 8 or 9 that you will see sometime in 2016."

Here's a quick look of the upcoming Big Chap at TFNY ;)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Could anyone quickly tell me the quality of the NECA Queen? Plastic, factory defects, articulations, etc.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed