NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 831,847 times)

Vark_

Vark_

That's a huge badass lady, sculpt looks absolutely awesome and the joints seem to make it very posable, but unfortunately I'm not convinced by the paintjob ant it ruins my opinion on this figure... the overall color, and teeth especially.
About the price, NECA's policy isn't into expensive figures, I don't think it will exceed 100$.

Maybe I will reconsider this in second thoughts, but I'm not hrilled by this figure at the moment... I don't think I'm gonna grab this one.

Warrior Xenomorph

Warrior Xenomorph

Quote from: jack.kalla.90 on Jul 01, 2014, 06:22:19 PM
Hello people  :)

Today i got a Alien figure from NECA (Series 2 Xenomorph) and i do like, besides some little issues....however there's one big problem i have and that is the dome, i fits on one side however on the other side its way off, and that makes it look pretty odd

Anyone had the same issue or knows how to fix it? Of course im scared and i dont want to break anything lol

I don have anything to fix your issue, but what you can try to do is heat up the joints with hot water or a blow dryer so you can move them, and later to prevent stiffness apply a small amount of petroleum jelly or any lubricant to the joint, specifically around the hinge. Work slowly. I tryed this with my series 2 blue warrior and now I have no worries

Quote from: Vark_ on Jul 01, 2014, 07:02:43 PM
That's a huge badass lady, sculpt looks absolutely awesome and the joints seem to make it very posable, but unfortunately I'm not convinced by the paintjob ant it ruins my opinion on this figure... the overall color, and teeth especially.
About the price, NECA's policy isn't into expensive figures, I don't think it will exceed 100$.

Maybe I will reconsider this in second thoughts, but I'm not hrilled by this figure at the moment... I don't think I'm gonna grab this one.
I agree it looks like that bad revoltech Queen with yellow highlights, oh and it is $90 on Toywiz.

Mr. Sin

Mr. Sin

It certainly is a lovely figure, its a shame my son is only 4 or I'd buy it for him.

Blerbins

Blerbins

Today i got a Alien figure from NECA (Series 2 Xenomorph) and i do like, besides some little issues....however there's one big problem i have and that is the dome, i fits on one side however on the other side its way off, and that makes it look pretty odd

Anyone had the same issue or knows how to fix it? Of course im scared and i dont want to break anything lol

Check the side that is off and look for a small flat peg coming from inside the dome (should be near the flap with black painted on). I have one that has a similar problem and I noticed it was because the dome peg wasn't fit into the slot on the side of its head, which causes the dome to push outward. I would image that if you could find a way to dunk the head in hot water and guide it in it would stay in but its possible that the plastic wasn't long enough too. Just try the old dunk method but be gentle. Quality control really slipped on some of these.

As for the Queen, I too am a little put off by the paint job but I'm going to wait to see how she looks at sdcc. Hopefully they will show us a factory sample that isn't too far from what we will get. I'm not sure about the comparison to the Revoltech queen though because the plastic doesn't appear to be translucent and the sculpt looks a little better to me. I find it hard to judge both of their paint apps because it was never totally visible in the movie and lots of props/models were used which may have had variations in color etc... Lighting does wonders too.

Queen movie prop photos:

http://threewanderingmen.tumblr.com/post/27093850710/original-1986-aliens-xenomorph-queen-movie-prop-at

http://www.therpf.com/f9/alien-queen-life-size-figure-work-progress-151504/index2.html

(Scroll down a bit on the last link.)

Warrior Xenomorph

Warrior Xenomorph

Quote from: koolaidyeti on Jul 02, 2014, 01:15:25 AM

Check the side that is off and look for a small flat peg coming from inside the dome (should be near the flap with black painted on). I have one that has a similar problem and I noticed it was because the dome peg wasn't fit into the slot on the side of its head, which causes the dome to push outward. I would image that if you could find a way to dunk the head in hot water and guide it in it would stay in but its possible that the plastic wasn't long enough too. Just try the old dunk method but be gentle. Quality control really slipped on some of these.

As for the Queen, I too am a little put off by the paint job but I'm going to wait to see how she looks at sdcc. Hopefully they will show us a factory sample that isn't too far from what we will get. I'm not sure about the comparison to the Revoltech queen though because the plastic doesn't appear to be translucent and the sculpt looks a little better to me. I find it hard to judge both of their paint apps because it was never totally visible in the movie and lots of props/models were used which may have had variations in color etc... Lighting does wonders too.

Queen movie prop photos:

http://threewanderingmen.tumblr.com/post/27093850710/original-1986-aliens-xenomorph-queen-movie-prop-at

http://www.therpf.com/f9/alien-queen-life-size-figure-work-progress-151504/index2.html

(Scroll down a bit on the last link.)
What the relation is to them is that they are both too blue and have yellow highlights in some spaces that weren't predominate in the movie. I have rewatched 3 times, and paused at some scenes, and the color scheme doesn't match their figure. I'm not a fan of this.

daniel.york.9

daniel.york.9

I dont understand why some complain about something like a paint job.If the qc is good I am happy.Aliens fans are lucky to get new figures like the Queen.Just be happy we get something like this.I am a huge fan of Aliens. so any thing Aliens is cool for me

Aliens 666

Aliens 666

AWESOME!!!! most definately gonna be getting that queen alien looks way better than mcfarlene's toys version of the queen alien which I have in my Aliens/Predator collection!! : ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Blerbins

Blerbins

Quote from: daniel.york.9 on Jul 02, 2014, 06:38:37 PM
I dont understand why some complain about something like a paint job.If the qc is good I am happy.Aliens fans are lucky to get new figures like the Queen.Just be happy we get something like this.I am a huge fan of Aliens. so any thing Aliens is cool for me

Yeah, so true. I'll be picking her up regardless of the paint really. I just hope they up the QC for her :) I think once we see pics of her in sdcc she will look better because the lighting wont be quite as intense as these NECA photos are.

Warrior Xenomorph

Warrior Xenomorph

Quote from: koolaidyeti link=
topic=48664.msg1949787#msg1949787 date=1404335178

Yeah, so true. I'll be picking her up regardless of the paint really. I just hope they up the QC for her :) I think once we see pics of her in sdcc she will look better because the lighting wont be quite as intense as these NECA photos are.
The reason is that we gave them a lifetime, and their painters are better than this, and I have no idea why they chose this specific paint job, because she never apears this way before. Many companies are guilty for this, except for McFarlane.

Vark_

Vark_

I'm not saying that people shoud not buy this figure, nor that the paintjob is awful. Like I said, sculpt is awesome, this is a badass figure, BUT something still bothers me in the paintjob, so I don't have a crush for it. I can't help it :).

The most notable example is the queen's teeth : if you remember the movie they have to be transluscent, or at least glossy / silver painted like almost every Alien figure / statue, anything that shines, but not this flat beige...
I showed the pictures to a friend of mine which isn't an Alien fan, he told me "uh, aren't the teeth supposed to be transparent ?".
This is one of the most iconic Queen's features, and I'm focused on it.

"Anything Alien" is cool, yes, I don't deny it, but anything Alien isn't worth buying for everyone (like me), although I'm feeling glad for everyone pleased with these pictures ;). I've got plenty of Alien figures at home and little room, so if something bothers me when I look at this huge queen, I'm gonna save room / money for other ones. There's no big deal saying so, man !

EDIT : talking about the price, retrailers in Europe already sell it on preorder for 130€, approx 150$.

Zenstoren

Zenstoren

Aww, it's a shame that the Queen doesn't interest you Vark =/ However, you do seem like the sort of guy who would possess the skills required to repaint the figure?

Personally I love it. Sure the absence of the iconic translucent teeth is a bit disappointing, but I'll still be picking this figure up if I have the funds.

Blerbins

Blerbins

Quote from: Vark_ on Jul 02, 2014, 11:58:37 PM
I'm not saying that people shoud not buy this figure, nor that the paintjob is awful. Like I said, sculpt is awesome, this is a badass figure, BUT something still bothers me in the paintjob, so I don't have a crush for it. I can't help it :).

The most notable example is the queen's teeth : if you remember the movie they have to be transluscent, or at least glossy / silver painted like almost every Alien figure / statue, anything that shines, but not this flat beige...
I showed the pictures to a friend of mine which isn't an Alien fan, he told me "uh, aren't the teeth supposed to be transparent ?".
This is one of the most iconic Queen's features, and I'm focused on it.

"Anything Alien" is cool, yes, I don't deny it, but anything Alien isn't worth buying for everyone (like me), although I'm feeling glad for everyone pleased with these pictures ;). I've got plenty of Alien figures at home and little room, so if something bothers me when I look at this huge queen, I'm gonna save room / money for other ones. There's no big deal saying so, man !

EDIT : talking about the price, retrailers in Europe already sell it on preorder for 130€, approx 150$.

That was the first thing I noticed too. I'm still keeping positive about the paint job though because I remember the pictures of the blue and brown xenos that they used for display as having a lot more color on them than what I actually ended up getting. It was like they toned down the amount of brown or blue dry brush(whatever they do at the factories). I definitely agree with you though that her teeth are one of her most memorable attributes and it sucks if they aren't translucent at all.

Otter

Otter

How do we know the teeth aren't translucent?

All the images I have seen, I figured they were.  Could it be the lighting that makes the teeth look otherwise?  Have we had any kind of confirmation either way?

daniel.york.9

daniel.york.9

I agree about the teeth.but I must have this figure.I guess I am easy .I like any thing with the aliens .

Otter

Otter

Okay, so I went back and had a look at the pictures again after enlarging them.  It does appear that they are painted, but for painted teeth they look awesome.  Will be keen to see what she comes out of the factory looking like.

But I will be getting her based on the scale and sculpt alone, regardless.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed