NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 814,971 times)

gabgrave

gabgrave

God damn, it costs 3 times the price of the figure to ship to my side of the world at ebay Neca. Guess its back to scouting the local stores for an unbroken piece...

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

Quote from: StayFrosty on Feb 27, 2014, 06:20:59 AM
I urge EVERYONE to buy directly from Neca on Ebay. If your figure is broken out of the package, just report it to Neca and they will ask for a picture of the broken figure. When you provide this to them, they will be forced to refund the money you paid for the figure, though perhaps not the shipping. They may send you a new one too, I'm sure, if it was expensive enough.

This is what they did for me. But they make it much more difficult if you didn't buy directly from them. They'll tell you to deal directly with whoever you bought it from, and that just isn't fair.

Neca is horrible with quality control and they need to be held accountable. $15 per figure or not, these issues just aren't an excuse or proper.

I think its the mentality that unless it costs over $60 Quality itself should be set aside for Quantity.

SizzyBubbles

SizzyBubbles

Quote from: TITANOSAUR on Feb 27, 2014, 08:52:28 AM
I urge EVERYONE to buy directly from Neca on Ebay. If your figure is broken out of the package, just report it to Neca and they will ask for a picture of the broken figure. When you provide this to them, they will be forced to refund the money you paid for the figure, though perhaps not the shipping. They may send you a new one too, I'm sure, if it was expensive enough.

This is what they did for me. But they make it much more difficult if you didn't buy directly from them. They'll tell you to deal directly with whoever you bought it from, and that just isn't fair.

Neca is horrible with quality control and they need to be held accountable. $15 per figure or not, these issues just aren't an excuse or proper.

I think its the mentality that unless it costs over $60 Quality itself should be set aside for Quantity.

Unfortunately with buying online, you don't get to look through the figures to get the best (or least crummy as is the case with the recent aliens) so you might just end up with one with a bad paint job or warped/broken part. I've become hesitant from buying online because of this. Better return policy? or risk getting a crummy figure? i dunno.
They really need to fix their customer service policy from the sounds of it... especially with such poor quality control. It's not the 3rd party store's fault that NECA made a defective figure (what do i do? keep buying and returning till a get a good one?) especially when its a well known, common defect in a particular figure.

And I've never had an issue with any of their older Alien and Pred figures. Is that weird?

Zenstoren

Zenstoren

Quote from: SizzyBubbles on Feb 27, 2014, 11:59:11 PM

Unfortunately with buying online, you don't get to look through the figures to get the best (or least crummy as is the case with the recent aliens) so you might just end up with one with a bad paint job or warped/broken part. I've become hesitant from buying online because of this. Better return policy? or risk getting a crummy figure? i dunno.
They really need to fix their customer service policy from the sounds of it... especially with such poor quality control. It's not the 3rd party store's fault that NECA made a defective figure (what do i do? keep buying and returning till a get a good one?) especially when its a well known, common defect in a particular figure.

And I've never had an issue with any of their older Alien and Pred figures. Is that weird?

I totally agree man, ever since I bought a NECA Big Chap figure with a wonky knee (It's just about to fall off I reckon) I've been hesitant from buying online.. It's a shame, because here in Scotland, apart from online stores, NECA  figures are impossible to get on the high street.

judge death

judge death

Quote from: Zenstoren on Feb 28, 2014, 03:14:50 PM
Quote from: SizzyBubbles on Feb 27, 2014, 11:59:11 PM

I totally agree man, ever since I bought a NECA Big Chap figure with a wonky knee (It's just about to fall off I reckon) I've been hesitant from buying online.. It's a shame, because here in Scotland, apart from online stores, NECA  figures are impossible to get on the high street.
Like here then: No store in Sweden sells them :/

On the question: That is a miracle since my experience is the opposite: Their older aliens broke a lot more and easier and took me 5 tries before I got one which wasnt broken xD

Vark_

Vark_

Same here in France, only a few online shops sell NECA stuff they order from overseas in a small quantity (some are real stores, but driving 200 miles for a 20$ figure is out of the question). I don't have much choice but buying online and praying I won't get a crippled figure.

Although I have never had quality issues, I'm concerned reading you for the upcoming long awaited Series...

Vark_

Vark_

First wave of 6 NECA scalers is on sale, particularly their Predator and Xenomorph figure !
Besides, they can be sold separately which is a good news for those who are not interested in the whole Series 1 (I just ordered a single xeno from HK, I'll share some pics when it arrives home !).

Vark_

Vark_

As promised, here are a few pics of the Xeno Scaler :)

Color is glossy dark gray, and dark black on the dome (so dark that the contrast between the two colors is indistinct and it appears basically black).
Unfortunately, the inner jaw has not been sculpted, but the glossy paint creates some reflects inside so we can guess it's here.
Stands approx 2" inches long, and 1"1/2 in width.

It's made of soft material, so the hands / arms / legs can be bended.
Hands can grip on any cable to a diameter up to 3mm, that's the purpose of the Scalers (you can attach them to your MP3 / phone or computer cables), but due to the soft arms / legs, it will still hold on bigger diameters.
For instance, I put mine on my desk lamp.

It's a neat little figure overall, real cute and well crafted, and the concept you can carry it around is a nice idea, but it's not a must have I think. I don't know how much it's gonna cost for you guys in the US, but for 18€ (25$) with free shipping from HonKong, I find a figure of this size truly overpriced compared to the 7" inches figures NECA sells which are as cool as this one, if not better.

the reverend

the reverend

WIP

Resident Alien

Resident Alien

Heres part of my collection. Cant wait for more marines to be released!

I really love your diorama by the way. Coming along nicely!

Vark_

Vark_

If you like them Marines, you can also post in the related USCM thread :)

For the next releases, unfortunately, the 2014 NYTF brought an information : "Colonial Marines fans, you've had a great run with recent releases but don't expect to see any more until at least next year."

Moody

Moody

I got mine today, really nice figure! I got him instead of the city hunter, better to have the classics first ;)

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

That's really cool.

Moody

Moody

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Mar 18, 2014, 06:41:46 PM
That's really cool.

Thanks man! :)  I'm gonna do a Jungle Hunter VS. Big Chap 'fotoshoot' next soon. Just a quick preview now..

drsmuts

drsmuts

Quote from: Moody on Mar 18, 2014, 06:09:03 PM
I got mine today, really nice figure! I got him instead of the city hunter, better to have the classics first ;)

Wow..what a great photo!

It's a great figure....so glad that I managed to get one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed