NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 814,797 times)

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 26, 2015, 03:14:21 PM
The likeness just doesn't look right to me. They don't look like Sigourney or the in-game model to my eye. I don't really know what it is.
Interesting. I guess since they're toys I don't mind if the likeness isn't spot on.

Vark_

Vark_

Well, Corporal, I was thinking the way you do looking at the official pictures taken by NECA or in conventions, but when I finally decided to pick my Ripleys, I changed my mind when I had them before my eyes.
And everytime I look at them in display, I think to myself I was right to bypass what my inner voice was telling me. They're really spot on, and I'm not the only one to say that here : pictures can't capture the awesomeness of the likeness. Really. I tried to take pictures of mine, but they're not even close !

Can't really tell about Amanda since I didn't play the game and saw little about it on video, but as far as I can tell it appears to be a really decent figure IMO.

alienscollection.com

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Very nice! Is that just a re-issue of their original?

Quote from: Vark_ on Nov 27, 2015, 12:21:12 AM
Well, Corporal, I was thinking the way you do looking at the official pictures taken by NECA or in conventions, but when I finally decided to pick my Ripleys, I changed my mind when I had them before my eyes.
And everytime I look at them in display, I think to myself I was right to bypass what my inner voice was telling me. They're really spot on, and I'm not the only one to say that here : pictures can't capture the awesomeness of the likeness. Really. I tried to take pictures of mine, but they're not even close !

I shall have to give them a looking at next time I'm near Forbidden Planet.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

The surprise is pretty sweet I must say. Didn't think I'd see those for sale again. Now I can have lots!

slaysaliens

slaysaliens

NECA's Ripley, gotta see it in person to believe it.  They're awesome and dead on Sig. 

StayFrosty

StayFrosty

Not the best quality pic, but here is my current and complete collection (until Neca releases more). Anything I don't have pictured here is because I don't want it! Waiting for the 18 inch Big Chap to arrive now.....

Bishop torn in half is in there, but is not visible (he's under the movie Queen).

windebieste

windebieste

This... this is just wonderful!

Love it; but it's not the first time the alternate translucent Alien suit concept has been represented in action figure format. 

I know Super7 made a couple tribute items as part of their Kenner inspired 3 3/4" ReAction range of figures a couple of years back.  There was a smoky translucent variety that was only available to pre-order customers.  Then as part of the Deep Space Mystery Egg blind box series the same figure made a reappearance in similar material (albeit almost fully opaque and covered in silver flecks known as the Midnight Star Edition).  More importantly, there was also a third iteration of the same figure; and like the Midnight Star edition it appeared as part of the same Deep Space Mystery Egg blind box series but was cast in clear plastic.  So yeah, 3 of 'em, actually.

The clear Super7 Alien, inspired by the old Kenner 3 3/4 " prototypes that never saw production in 1979.

Has there been any other interpretations of this thing?

Yes.  Still waiting for the 18" Big Chap.  ...and the 'ALIEN: Isolation' set, too.  That's gotta be released soon.

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Holy shit. That thing looks absolutely fantastic. I will be adding that one to the collection. No doubt.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Now that is something special. Going back to the original look. My wallet is gonna hate me

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Would have been great if they could have included the internal skeleton(actor-inside-the-suit-look),but being only 9 inches tall,that would be difficult.Maybe 1/4 scale would have been more appropriate for this?

windebieste

windebieste

Maybe place a human shaped articulated armature inside a cast of pliable clear rubber outer coating.  Mind you, you can expect the $$$ to hit 3 figures if they did that.  1/4 scale would be nice.

I found this.  The Revoltech clear Alien is cool.  I just think the clearly visible black pins attaching the limbs at the ball and socket joints look ugly and spoil the figure.

Are there any other clear/translucent Aliens?

-Windebieste.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: windebieste on Dec 02, 2015, 08:53:03 PM
Maybe place a human shaped articulated armature inside a cast of pliable clear rubber outer coating.  Mind you, you can expect the $$$ to hit 3 figures if they did that.  1/4 scale would be nice.

I found this.  The Revoltech clear Alien is cool.  I just think the clearly visible black pins attaching the limbs at the ball and socket joints look ugly and spoil the figure.

Are there any other clear/translucent Aliens?

-Windebieste.
The black pins and ball joints should also have been made clear.The dome and skull ridges,however,look very nice.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Maybe Ridley will explore the translucent A L I E N in the upcoming sequels. I have always liked the idea and seeing the figure only furthers the interest...

windebieste

windebieste

For sure.  Notwithstanding the use of CGI to achieve the effect; but material science has dramatically improved since 1979.  There's so many new techniques and synthetic composites available now to make a suit like that work without the problem of it tearing. 

Ya.  I like the idea of a translucent Alien appearing in one of the upcoming trilogy movies.  Scott clearly wants to take the series in very different directions.  Maybe this could be one of them(?). 

After all, so many other discarded concepts and ideas from the first movie found their way into 'Prometheus'.  It's not beyond possibility.

-Windebieste.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed