Author
NECA Aliens (Read 835,877 times)

Vark_

Vark_

Quote from: Omegazilla on Feb 22, 2015, 05:45:49 PM
Yeah precisely. Thank you! :)
You're welcome ;)

Quote from: richardatwood76 on Feb 22, 2015, 06:17:34 PM
Anyone else having issues with the NECA Aliens stress fractured from the factory?
Yup, this is no secret NECA figures may have articulation issues from time to time (loose or broken joints), although they moved their production line very recently to another factory, with better quality control we hope.
Some folks had the deception to face it with every figure they bought -particularly the previous Series- so they got mad at NECA (wich I understand esaily), but most of us experiment this kind of inconvenience sporadically.

All in all, I think this is a risk to take, since their sculpts and paintjobs are quite a catch for the price. I don't really mind gluing / cutting / customizing a 20$ figure anyway.

razeak

razeak

For deformations, 99% of the time you can warm some water up(don't boil) and dip the part in and then lightly reform it. For stiff joints you can try warm water or toss it in the freezer for 30 mins and then very slowly try to move the part.

The popping jaw on the aliens is pretty common.

I would say 1/10 is pretty accurate as to how many show up deformed. I notice the aliens tend to be more often, but they are more spindly too.

The Queen is exceptional, but her weight will eventually loosen the legs enough to require the stand and it likely won't take long at all.

richardatwood76

richardatwood76

I am in agreement that repairing is worth the price on a figure here and there, and I also understand that quite a few do not take them out so they never know anyway lol

As I build the display/dio for them the queen will have a hidden metal assist post to keep her up and looking correct. The broken NECA is the under fire one any way so I may just form some guts and leave it apart.

LAWNMOWERMAN

LAWNMOWERMAN

cashed in ALL my TRU rewards points and picked her up ...

for $45

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

And now I'm sad because my local still doesn't have Wave 3 in.

Also, was just sent this over on the Galaxy FB page.

SizzyBubbles

SizzyBubbles

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 02, 2015, 08:26:04 AM
And now I'm sad because my local still doesn't have Wave 3 in.

Also, was just sent this over on the Galaxy FB page.

*pleased pterodactyl squawking*

The man n' I both got ourselves the new NECA queen each. Looks great! Haven't had any issues!

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Alien Isolation figures coming. Looks like they're preparing for an AVPR warrior re-release as well.

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/573926815292604416

LAWNMOWERMAN

LAWNMOWERMAN

kinda funny NECA doing a video game figure thats not of the cool retro variety
but i'll pick one up

the AvP-R warrior... might pass

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I was honestly hoping we'd see something ACM related, as bad as the game was.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Mar 07, 2015, 08:39:56 PM
I was honestly hoping we'd see something ACM related, as bad as the game was.
Hiya Toys has done some 3.75" (GI Joe-scale) Colonial Marines stuff. They've done 4 Alien types (Warrior, Lurker, Boiler, and Spitter) and they've got a Power Loader and some Marines in the pipeline.

Play Arts Kai did some larger scale (10" or so) Aliens as well, including the Spitter and Lurker.

Vark_

Vark_

Quote from: RidgeTop on Mar 06, 2015, 07:37:06 PM
Alien Isolation figures coming. Looks like they're preparing for an AVPR warrior re-release as well.
Too bad, since I'm not a game player nor a fan of AvP, I'll definitely pass on all of them. Well, it'll save some money for the next series  :D.

elemental-of-all

elemental-of-all

You don't have to play the game or like the movie to appreciate an alien.
The triple jointed, giger re-design alien in isolation looks amazing.
And while colonial marines wasent the best game, the alien designs were good. Especially the spitter. I have the play arts spitter and its phenomenal. The articulation and detail is stunning.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

If we get an Amanda figure, you can thank me for that - I campaigned pretty hard for NECA to make one, including getting the mo-cap actress (Kezia Burrows) involved. Prior to me harassing the shit out of them about doing an Amanda Ripley figure, their answer when asked if they'd make one was "eh, not planning to, no interest, too many other projects".

SizzyBubbles

SizzyBubbles

Quote from: RidgeTop on Mar 06, 2015, 07:37:06 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_b_UZUU0AAlHgK.jpg

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/573926815292604416

I was quite surprised when i found out they were doing Stompy the Alien. Pleasantly surprised! I really can't wait to own this one, i LOVE Giger aliens with dino-legs :3

Vark_

Vark_

Quote from: elemental-of-all on Mar 08, 2015, 01:09:34 PM
You don't have to play the game or like the movie to appreciate an alien.
The triple jointed, giger re-design alien in isolation looks amazing.
And while colonial marines wasent the best game, the alien designs were good.
I get your point, but as a matter of fact it's not only that I didn't enjoy the movies / play the game, my argument wasn't fully explained.
I can't dig the Isolation big chap leg design, nor to mention any new xeno type that came out of Resurrection / AvP / AvPr / Colonial Marines. I checked them out many times on the web, with every kind of figure available... maybe I'm not open-minded, but it's a no-buy for me. I'm not disappointed with NECA though, I'm sure a lot of people want them bad !
Regarding NECA stuff, I'll stick only to the 1-2-3 movies xenos and some of the human characters ;).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed