RazorSlash Reviews

Started by RazorSlash, Jun 30, 2013, 11:26:45 PM

Author
RazorSlash Reviews (Read 4,517 times)

Aspie

Aspie

Spider-Man: Noir

I personally loved it, and I wanna hear what you have to say about it. :)

TheLoneSpoon

TheLoneSpoon

Quote from: Aspie on Jul 10, 2013, 03:22:03 AM
Spider-Man: Noir

I personally loved it, and I wanna hear what you have to say about it. :)

Spider-Man: Noir is the shit.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: RazorSlash on Jul 10, 2013, 03:11:47 AM
Hey guys, I got a few comics lined up that I could review next, wanted to know which you'd all prefer.

Spoiler
1- Carnage USA

QuoteHe's baaaaack! You can't keep a good symbiote down! With his host, serial killer Cletus Kasady, Carnage is looking to wreak some good, old fashioned chaos in the small town of Doverton, Colorado. Now, Captain America, Hawkeye, the Thing, Wolverine and Spider-Man - with help from the special-ops Mercury Team and its symbiotic arsenal; Dr. Tanis Nieves, a.k.a. Scorn; and the one and only Venom, now a government operative - must stop Carnage before an entire American town becomes slave to the whims of a madman!

2- The Infinity Gauntlet

QuoteThe Mad Titan Thanos mounts the six Infinity Gems on his left glove to form the titular Infinity Gauntlet. Each Gem grants its bearer complete mastery over one aspect of the multiverse: Time, Space, Mind, Soul, Reality, and Power. Now all-powerful and desperate to win the affections of Death, Thanos decides to offer the entity a gift of love by completing a task she had given him, erasing half the sentient life in the universe quite literally with a snap of his fingers. The surviving heroes on Earth band together—guided by the newly-resurrected Adam Warlock—to battle Thanos.

3- Spider-Man: Noir

QuoteThe year is 1933, and New York City is not-so-secretly run by corrupt politicians, crooked cops, big businesses... and suave gangland bosses like New York's worst, the Goblin. But when a fateful spider-bite gives the young rabble-rouser Peter Parker the power to fight the mobster who killed his Uncle Ben, will even that be enough? It's a tangled web of Great Depression pulp, with familiar faces like you've never seen them before!

4- Deadpool Kills The Marvel Universe

QuoteWhat if everything you thought was funny about Deadpool was actually just disturbing? What if he decided to kill everyone and everything that makes up the Marvel Universe? What if he actually pulled it off? Would that be FUN for you? The Merc with a Mouth takes a turn for the twisted in a horror comic like no other!

Tell me what you guys would rather I review next, and...well, whichever you all want me to do most I'll probably do.  :)
[close]

HNNNGG.

Read & Review my son. Can't wait.

RazorSlash

RazorSlash

Quote from: First Blood on Jul 10, 2013, 04:43:35 AM
Hey guys, I got a few comics lined up that I could review next, wanted to know which you'd all prefer.

Spoiler
1- Carnage USA

QuoteHe's baaaaack! You can't keep a good symbiote down! With his host, serial killer Cletus Kasady, Carnage is looking to wreak some good, old fashioned chaos in the small town of Doverton, Colorado. Now, Captain America, Hawkeye, the Thing, Wolverine and Spider-Man - with help from the special-ops Mercury Team and its symbiotic arsenal; Dr. Tanis Nieves, a.k.a. Scorn; and the one and only Venom, now a government operative - must stop Carnage before an entire American town becomes slave to the whims of a madman!

2- The Infinity Gauntlet

QuoteThe Mad Titan Thanos mounts the six Infinity Gems on his left glove to form the titular Infinity Gauntlet. Each Gem grants its bearer complete mastery over one aspect of the multiverse: Time, Space, Mind, Soul, Reality, and Power. Now all-powerful and desperate to win the affections of Death, Thanos decides to offer the entity a gift of love by completing a task she had given him, erasing half the sentient life in the universe quite literally with a snap of his fingers. The surviving heroes on Earth band together—guided by the newly-resurrected Adam Warlock—to battle Thanos.

QuoteThe year is 1933, and New York City is not-so-secretly run by corrupt politicians, crooked cops, big businesses... and suave gangland bosses like New York's worst, the Goblin. But when a fateful spider-bite gives the young rabble-rouser Peter Parker the power to fight the mobster who killed his Uncle Ben, will even that be enough? It's a tangled web of Great Depression pulp, with familiar faces like you've never seen them before!

QuoteWhat if everything you thought was funny about Deadpool was actually just disturbing? What if he decided to kill everyone and everything that makes up the Marvel Universe? What if he actually pulled it off? Would that be FUN for you? The Merc with a Mouth takes a turn for the twisted in a horror comic like no other!

Tell me what you guys would rather I review next, and...well, whichever you all want me to do most I'll probably do.  :)
[close]

HNNNGG.

Which one would you rather me review first?
...well, second. Maximum Carnage was my first.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: RazorSlash on Jul 10, 2013, 04:52:47 AM
Which one would you rather me review first?
...well, second. Maximum Carnage was my first.

Infinity Gauntlet.

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

Quote from: First Blood on Jul 10, 2013, 04:43:35 AM

Spoiler
1- Carnage USA

2- The Infinity Gauntlet

[close]

HNNNGG.

Carnage USA.

With a cover like that there is no reason not to choose it first.

RazorSlash

RazorSlash

So, I figured, in the midst of all the Pacific Rim hype, I'd make a small announcement for this thread. In addition to the lengthy, story arc reviews, I will also be posting a few other comic related...articles? I don't know what to call them at this point, to be honest.

The first are what I'm calling "One-Shots", and this is likely where DC will get a lot of love. Here I'll be posting short reviews of movies, TV shows or episodes, one-shot issues, and videos games. I have a couple comic book related movies and games I could review, but at the moment I can't say when the next will be up.

The other are classic "Top 5" lists. I plan on doing one of these before the next story arc review, and the title here is pretty straight forward.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Make a blog about it man.

RazorSlash

RazorSlash

Hey, guys, remember how I said I would do a Top 5 before the next big review?

Well, instead I'm doing a One Shot. Of what, you may ask?

For a while now, I've ranted about something in particular. And I think it's time I finally explained why.

Ladies and gentlemen, soon, you may expect and full, thorough review of...

Spoiler
Ultimate Spider-Man: The Animated Series
All of Season 1
[close]

RazorSlash

RazorSlash

I'm gonna put a blog for this up soon, for anyone wondering why I haven't already. I'm trying to think of a title right now, because "RazorSlash Reviews Comics" won't work universally  :P

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Razor Reviews.

RazorSlash

RazorSlash

Hey guys! I don't have a new review up just yet(I am still working on that Ultimate Spider-Man TV series review, however), but I'd just like to recommend a short film I finally got around to watching  :)

"Truth In Journalism" is a fantastic short film about one of the most popular Marvel characters out there, though I won't spoil who, I'll let you see that for yourself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YDYL6oECjU#ws
Hell, I'm sure some of you have seen this already, or atleast know who it's about.

Spoiler
Now, as for some hints before the reveal I noticed

-In the beginning of the film, Eddie looks at the dead body and remarks "Delicious!". The symbiote had a habit of eating brains, and judging by the blood stain, it's quite possible he was able to see the brain, and was referring to that.
-When the camera pans over to Eddie in the bathroom, he is talking to himself. "...We should trust them...", he says. He's talking to the symbiote. When he sees the camera, he also quickly shuts the door and emerges clothed- in a black suit.
-Eddie mentions his life changed at the church. He first bonded with the symbiote at a church.
-Numerous references to the Sin Eater throughout the film
-When Eddie catches the killers, they are seen webbed in the alleyway
-Eddie says he is going to visit a lady friend, a "friend of a colleague". It's possible he is referring to Mary Jane, as Venom assaulted her in an attempt to lure out Peter.
-Spider-Man can be seen on newspapers.
[close]

RazorSlash

RazorSlash

New review (Ultimate Spider-Man: The Animated Series) should be up sometime tomorrow  :)

Aspie

Aspie

WOOR

RazorSlash

RazorSlash

Should've included this in my previous post, but whatever:

Ultimate Spider-Man: The Animated Series is a One-Off, and thus shorter than the average review.

After that, I will begin working on either Infinity Gauntlet or Spider-Man: Noir. Leaning towards Infinity Gauntlet, just so I don't overdo the Spider-Man thing.

Sometime in the future, possibly after Infinity Gauntler/Spider-Man: Noir(But not definitely after), I'll be doing the Deadpool Killogy. A 3 part review, with Part 1 being Deadpool Kills The Marvel Universe, Part 2 being Deadpool Killustrated, and Part 3 being Deadpool Kills Deadpool. The reason I'm not sure when I'll be doing that is simply because the Deadpool Killogy isn't finished, Deadpool Kills Deadpool has 2 more issues, and it's a monthly release. I may do something before it(Possibly Age Of Ultron)

Either way, I set the reminder, I'll have Ultimate Spider-Man: The Series up by 5:30 EST tomorrow  :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed