Movie Map Pack DLC

Started by Predaker, Jun 05, 2013, 09:08:48 PM

Author
Movie Map Pack DLC (Read 28,268 times)

Predaker

Predaker

The next DLC has been announced!

QuoteThe Movie Map Pack, an all-new add-on for Aliens: Colonial Marines, is headed to PC, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360 next week.  The Movie Pack features two all-new Deathmatch /  Extermination maps, one new Survivor map, and an all new Escape map. All maps are based on locations from classic Alien movies: Alien, Aliens, and Alien 3.

- The two new Team Deathmatch and Extermination maps feature locations from Aliens & Alien 3 -  'Fury 161' takes place in the run-down prison facility as seen in Alien 3, while 'Processor' puts you in the heart of the Alien hive from the Atmospheric plant in Aliens.

- The new Survivor map, 'Nostromo', features marines defending themselves against Xenos inside the iconic spaceship from Alien.

-  The new Escape map, 'Exodus', is situated on the doomed Sulaco. Marines awaken from cryo-sleep and must navigate their way to escape pods whilst under Xeno attack.

The Movie Map Pack will be rolling out on all platforms beginning June 11th (June 12th for PlayStation 3 players in Europe) and will be available individually or as part of the Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass, a bundle that includes access to the previously released Bug Hunt add-on and the Reconnaissance Pack as well as an upcoming campaign add-on

wonkyfunk303

wonkyfunk303

why are the even bothering with it anymore?? there are hundreds of preowned copies everywhere now and the price for new has dropped dramatically!! does anyone play online? i tried a few times and it was all over the place. just wish i had bought it on steam so i could get a refund, havent even got very far in the game, had to turn it off in disappointment

szkoki

szkoki

no bug hunt....this is a good idea but im sure they dont even know whats going on on the online servers...curious about the nostromo and fury but...really??? freekin' sulaco?? we will be running around in the same shit levels as we did in the first few sp missions im sure or  whatever on the other maps of sephora...why not derelict or getaway?

Bounds34

Bounds34

Sounds interesting. I have the season pass so will I be able to download it for free?

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Ok I really like this idea, but I doubt I will ever find a game on these maps as NO ONE has any of the new DLC aside from bug hunt

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Im gonna do a DlC night on this packs release and front page it to get some extra attention.

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Ill make sure I can be there. Also, sorry about not being there the past couple of nights, been caught up in schoolwork.

Predaker

Predaker

Thanks Corporal Hicks!

Even though this is only another map pack, I am excited. These are the kinds of maps many fans were asking for. Survivor mode on the Nostromo has some interesting possibilities for private matches. Imagine playing with 2 marines vs 1 lurker and one marine has to use a pistol while the other only uses a motion tracker, or maybe 1vs1 with only a flamethrower.  :D Customize your marine with no helmet or shoulder pads for added realism.  :laugh:

I'm really looking forward to using the movie skins on the Processor map, as well. Next week should be fun!

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Finally, another Escape mode map. I would definitely give it another go because of that alone. But the movie themes is a plus.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: wonkyfunk303 on Jun 05, 2013, 09:44:33 PM
just wish i had bought it on steam so i could get a refund

Fairly sure Steam doesn't do refunds.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: szkoki on Jun 05, 2013, 10:12:43 PM
im sure they dont even know whats going on on the online servers...
Nothing. If you know what I mean  :laugh:

PredatorSquatch

PredatorSquatch

im actually quite excited for this new DLC if there is something gearbox nailed on A:CM its the atmosphere in mp ive felt my heart in my throat as i was running from a pack of aliens knowing that my chances of survival being the last marine were slim but still gave a great feel unfortunately ive lost some of my squad to them not being able to afford xbox live so if anyone wants to join me in some xeno blastin' adventures add me on xbox :D PredatorSquatch

Terx2

Terx2

Wonder how much there gonna charge me for this? ;D Sounds good. If theres any PS3 players feel free to add me as I haven't had a match with any of the newer maps.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Fack...I actually want this DLC...

wonkyfunk303

wonkyfunk303

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jun 06, 2013, 02:25:15 AM
Quote from: wonkyfunk303 on Jun 05, 2013, 09:44:33 PM
just wish i had bought it on steam so i could get a refund

Fairly sure Steam doesn't do refunds.

sure i read it on here that steam are offering refunds due to the final product being nothing like what we were all shown?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed