ALIEN: Out of the Shadows (Novel 1)

Started by Darwinsgirl, Jun 01, 2013, 03:49:43 AM

Author
ALIEN: Out of the Shadows (Novel 1) (Read 149,455 times)

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Apr 18, 2016, 09:57:10 PM
Will there be a slight pause after the first two letters of every word that starts with the letter 'f'?  :D I keed, I keed.

Was there any part of the dialogue or recording that Fox ordered changed?

I see what you did there. Now that'd be f unny as hell if there was a pause. XD

I am curious if they will do an audio drama on more of Tim's works such as the Rage War trilogy.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 18, 2016, 06:46:31 PM
Got most of those. Will add your one about original Alien works onto an existing though!  :) Anything else?

I figured you would.  You tend to ask the right questions.

Perhaps you could ask about how one goes about preparing to play well established characters like Ripley and Ash.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'll be uploading the Q&A shortly. It'll be available for our subscribers to get an early look at whilst I beautify it before releasing it on the website.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/website/interviews/dirk-maggs/

Interview is now live!

HuDaFuK

Nice! Loved the "old Seegson model" bit ;D Interesting to hear the script won't necessarily be a direct facsimile of the book.

Really looking forward to giving this drama a go, luckily I'm on holiday next week so that should be the perfect chance to give it a listen!

If you do any follow-up questions, I'd very much like to know more about that Resurrection drama he mentioned - if there's anything more he can tell us.

Corporal Hicks

I have asked but he can't remember at the minute. He'll get back to me about that one. Glad you enjoyed it!  :)

HuDaFuK

I might've guessed you'd asked already :)

Perfect-Organism

Actually really looking forward to this audio-book.  I commute a lot and rather than "time wasted" it will now be "time well wasted".  No seriously, I can't wait to give this a spin.  I really enjoyed that book.

Xenomorphine

I still have 'Independence Day UK'! The ending's a bit superficial, but the set-up's great! I still enjoy listening to it, every now and then. :)

For those curious, it starts out in the style of a live radio broadcast during the events of the film, with various celebrities playing themselves. Everything gets destroyed in a fairly haunting fashion, 'War Of The Worlds'-style. Then switches to a drama.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I listened to it a few years ago when I heard about it. I think ADC was the one to point me towards it. I thought it was pretty cool - very nice throwback to Orsen Welles! It's available on YouTube for anyone interested.

I've just listened to the first half-hour. Off to a great start!

Check this out!

By this gent - https://twitter.com/hpositivefilm

I'm about halfway or so through the drama and loving it.

An interview with Rutger Hauer: http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/alien/40184/rutger-hauer-interview-alien-out-of-the-shadows

Plus some snaps that Dirk shared on Facebook.

HuDaFuK

I've got it downloaded to my phone now but I doubt I'll start it before I go away. Looking forward to it though!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

HuDaFuK

It's been bugging me for ages and the penny's finally dropped - I knew I recognised the name of Laurel Lefkow, the actress who voices Ripley. She was Katya in AVP2010.

Corporal Hicks

Ha. Nice catch! She does an incredible Sigourney.

XenoZipper

Did anyone get a copy of this audio drama yet? I'm really interested to hear it. Been on the search for a download as I'm broke to pick up a copy at the moment.

HuDaFuK

I've got it, but I haven't listened yet. Saving it for my holiday :) Hicks has given it a spin.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed