ALIEN: Out of the Shadows (Novel 1)

Started by Darwinsgirl, Jun 01, 2013, 03:49:43 AM

Author
ALIEN: Out of the Shadows (Novel 1) (Read 148,035 times)

Corporal Hicks

The Alien – Out of the Shadows audiobook will be coming out Alien Day. Yesterday Fox announced all sorts of new goodies in their Alien Day press release including an audiobook of Titan’s Alien – Out of the Shadows. The original novel by Tim Lebbon was released in 2014 (you can read our review of it here) and the new audiobook version of Alien – Out of the Shadows is due for release on April 26th.

Thanks to the good people over at Movie Buzzers we have our first sneak peek (sneek listen?) at what’s in store for us!

“Alien: Out of the Shadows is set in the 57 years between the original classic sci-fi films, 1979's Alien and 1986's Aliens and features the vocal talent of Rutger Hauer (Blade Runner and Batman Begins), Matthew Lewis (Harry Potter film series), Corey Johnson (The Bourne Ultimatum, Kingsman),Kathryn Drysdale, Laurel Lefkow, and Andrea Deck. It is directed by Dirk Maggs (radio series of Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy) and based on the original novel by award-winning author Tim Lebbon.”

Alien - Out of the Shadows audiobook cover art. Alien - Out of the Shadows Audiobook Announced!

Alien – Out of the Shadows audiobook cover art.

You should recognize the name Andrea Deck as the voice of Amanda Ripley from Alien: Isolation. She will be providing the voice of her character’s mother for the Alien – Out of the Shadows audiobook. Science-fiction fans will also recognize the name Rutger Hauer as Roy Batty from Sir Ridley Scott’s other well-known sci-fi classic, Blade Runner.

Rather than a traditional audiobook like the recently released Alien film novelizations, the Maggs’ directed Out of the Shadows is taking a multi-cast approach, giving it an almost audio-play quality to it.

The Alien – Out of the Shadows audiobook is available to pre-order over at Amazon now.

Corporal Hicks

I'm not going to lie - after that preview I've pretty damn excited! I've already pre-ordered it.

swarm87

swarm87

thats an audio drama not an audio book; will definitely buy. would have preferred to get it on disc; i remember buying the starwars audio dramas and they included some pretty cool BTS booklets

but the end of that sample though  :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: swarm87 on Mar 30, 2016, 06:51:42 PM
thats an audio drama not an audio book; will definitely buy. would have preferred to get it on disc; i remember buying the starwars audio dramas and they included some pretty cool BTS booklets

Yeah, that description didn't sound correct to me either but that's what everything is calling it.  :-\

Darkness

Damn, that's actually pretty impressive when you compare it to the novelization audiobooks. With sound effects and everything. I wish they'd do that with all the novels. I used to listen to 'We're Alive' - the zombie podcast series and that was dramatised like this as well.

Corporal Hicks

I believe they're using the Isolation sound effects. I'm loving it. I listen to various audio dramas myself (the Big Finish Stargate ones and a Star Trek fan production called Star Trek Excelsior) and I've been thinking it'd be nice to have one for Aliens for sometime.

The Alien Predator

I love the sound effects in the background. Usually I can't stand audiobooks as I prefer to read the book myself. But this is an exception, I like that it has different voice actors and sounds. I never listened to an audio drama before, only to some audiobooks on youtube, so this was a good taste of it.

Corporal Hicks

Audio books I struggle with. Audio plays and dramatisations I love.

Richman678

This sounds more like listening to an audio recording you find in a video game or something. I will be purchasing now for sure!

BeowolfSchaefer

This is great. I hope it sells well enough to continue making them because I love audiobooks.

Perfect-Organism

Check out the new logo.  It looks somewhat like the PROMETHEUS logo.  I would expect that this logo will be the new look of ALIEN.  So probably many things to come out for 4-26 may have this logo.

Al

Al

The familiar sounds are always the best.

It is Very loudly, but  still I would to listen it all.

Thanks for the sneak... listen.  ;D

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Al on Mar 30, 2016, 07:32:39 PM
Thanks for the sneak... listen.  ;D

You enjoyed that did you?  :P

426Buddy

Sounds awesome! I can't believe they have Rutger Hauer, thats great. Will be the first time i've listened to anything like this, I'm liking the new logo and art too.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Wait, Andrea Deck?

She was Amanda Ripley in Alien: Isolation!

EDIT: Not reading the full post retard alert :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed