Pre-order Incentives DLC [Updated]

Started by ikarop, May 18, 2013, 01:35:55 AM

Author
Pre-order Incentives DLC [Updated] (Read 19,297 times)

ikarop

ikarop

The DLC is available on Steam now.

Bounds34

Sure has been pretty quiet for ACM news lately. Havent' heard anything new for the 3rd DLC or the lawsuit as well.

Xenomorphine

All of a sudden, 'limited' edition doesn't seem so limited any more. :)

Kronnang_Dunn

Kronnang_Dunn

Quote from: PsyKore on May 28, 2013, 10:58:46 AM
Half the guns don't even shoot straight - what's the point of a firing range?

LOL Dude... have you played the game?

Quote from: Bounds34 on May 22, 2013, 03:58:21 AM
We should. Technically we should have had all this stuff from day 1. Rotten bastards.

alright so I went to the PSN store and on the ACM DLC screen when you have the disc in and its says I have to pay to get the new shit? I have the season pass. This shit should be practically free to anyone that still owns this game like me.

Quote from: Bounds34 on May 22, 2013, 05:05:52 AM
While that is good to know the fact of the matter is I should get it for free since I have the pass

Quote from: Xenomorphine on May 29, 2013, 01:13:20 AM

Is standard practice for ANY modern game to release the pre-order exclusive content for everyone to buy months after the game has been released. And no, as far as I know season passes obviously do not include any of these... I still can't understand all the complaints....

PsyKore

PsyKore

Quote from: Kronnang_Dunn on May 29, 2013, 02:07:15 AM

LOL dude. Yeah, I have. Iron sight with an SMG or pulse rifle and watch the bullets go everywhere except for where the red dot is pointing. Usually because of the weird sway animations. Compared with something like Borderlands 2, there's a stark and unnatural difference in the guns control.

JokersWarPig

I bought the double barreled shot gun.
Like with everything else in this game besides bug hunt I'm feeling very underwhelmed by it.

Terx2

Terx2

Aparently it isn't on PSN :-\ Checked today and all there was were bug hunt, reconnaissance and the season pass.

Kronnang_Dunn

Quote from: PsyKore on May 29, 2013, 02:28:59 AM

LOL dude. Yeah, I have. Iron sight with an SMG or pulse rifle and watch the bullets go everywhere except for where the red dot is pointing. Usually because of the weird sway animations. Compared with something like Borderlands 2, there's a stark and unnatural difference in the guns control.

I can't understand what you are talking about. If you move, you sway. If you stay still, you don't. ... and as far as I know for being able to aim down the sight of the gun you have to make full stop. You may be refering to shooting from the hip... that's when you shoot without looking down the sight. Some attachments (laser sights, barrel grips, red dot sights, etc.) are supposed to do shooting from the hip more accurate and they actually do.

As a COD and Battlefield player I also must point out that ACM has also the ability (like those games) to change accurate shoots between targets fast. All you have to do is tap the aim-down-the-sight button repeatedly while firing and you automatically get several targets in succesion.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Xenomorphine on May 29, 2013, 01:13:20 AM

Is standard practice for ANY modern game to release the pre-order exclusive content for everyone to buy months after the game has been released.

Since when did I say otherwise? :-\

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: Terx2 on May 29, 2013, 08:04:19 AM
Aparently it isn't on PSN :- Checked today and all there was were bug hunt, reconnaissance and the season pass.

I think you're looking in the wrong place, I have them.

Terx2

Terx2

Quote from: predxeno on May 29, 2013, 07:30:37 PM

Quote from: Terx2 on May 29, 2013, 08:04:19 AM
Aparently it isn't on PSN :- Checked today and all there was were bug hunt, reconnaissance and the season pass.

I think you're looking in the wrong place, I have them.

I checked the Aliens colonial marines game page and they weren't there. Haven't checked today so maybe they've been uploaded now.

IRONMONKEY88

THERES NO S.H.A.R.P.STICK RIFLE AVAILABLE IN PS STORE HERE IN THE UK  :( "WHAT GIVES SONY??!!!!

PsyKore

PsyKore

Quote from: Kronnang_Dunn on May 29, 2013, 08:15:59 AM
Quote from: PsyKore on May 29, 2013, 02:28:59 AM

I can't understand what you are talking about. If you move, you sway. If you stay still, you don't. ... and as far as I know for being able to aim down the sight of the gun you have to make full stop. You may be refering to shooting from the hip... that's when you shoot without looking down the sight. Some attachments (laser sights, barrel grips, red dot sights, etc.) are supposed to do shooting from the hip more accurate and they actually do.

As a COD and Battlefield player I also must point out that ACM has also the ability (like those games) to change accurate shoots between targets fast. All you have to do is tap the aim-down-the-sight button repeatedly while firing and you automatically get several targets in succesion.

Are you playing on console? Because that's auto-aim you're describing there. No, the aim-down-sight is pretty much useless in this game (on PC at least) because of the weird swaying animation that plays, even when standing still. And the guns don't act at all like COD or Battlefield - those games give good control and feedback to the player when shooting and most importantly goes where the red dot is pointing, A:CM does none of this.

Terx2

Terx2

Quote from: IRONMONKEY88 on May 30, 2013, 05:56:32 PM
THERES NO S.H.A.R.P.STICK RIFLE AVAILABLE IN PS STORE HERE IN THE UK  :( "WHAT GIVES SONY??!!!!

Same in Australia... Good to try out the shotgun once I add more money to my account.

Kronnang_Dunn

Quote from: PsyKore on May 31, 2013, 09:44:01 AM
Are you playing on console? Because that's auto-aim you're describing there. No, the aim-down-sight is pretty much useless in this game (on PC at least) because of the weird swaying animation that plays, even when standing still. And the guns don't act at all like COD or Battlefield - those games give good control and feedback to the player when shooting and most importantly goes where the red dot is pointing, A:CM does none of this.

Yes, I am playing in a PS3, and so far I have not encountered any "weird swaying animation". Your Pc version probably needs a patch or a hotfix. Mine is fine and playable...

Btw... "Goes where the red spot is poiting..."? Dude... the red spot is more useful for close targets. Far away targets are easier to shoot with scopes. And the game does act a lot like COD. Hell... is basically COD meets ALIENS... which is good for me... despite the protests.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed