Michael Biehn Talks Aliens: Colonial Marines [Updated]

Started by ikarop, May 07, 2013, 03:17:12 PM

Author
Michael Biehn Talks Aliens: Colonial Marines [Updated] (Read 16,537 times)

Razz

Quote from: Hudson on May 11, 2013, 07:18:35 AM
So...since this interview is 99.9% about Far Cry 3 BD, it is my duty to say that the game is awesome and everyone who enjoyed 80s action/sci-fi needs to play it. For God's sake you come in gun's blazing to a Predator reference.
This! This right here is the best Quote ever! Buy Blood Dragon everyone!

Origin

Well, I certainly had me some fun.

ShadowPred

Amaterasu

ShadowPred

Jarac

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jul 27, 2013, 06:43:41 AM
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/07/26/michael-biehn-working-on-colonial-marines-wasnt-fun-at-all/

Quote"It seemed kind of passionless,"

A:CM summed up.

I knew I should have gotten Blood Dragon during the Steam Sale! Also, even Biehn hates A:CM and isn't afraid to say it. Props to him.

vonVince

vonVince

Whilst he definitely is not happy with the way the game turned out, he does not say that he hates it; he says that his involvement in the production of the game wasn't fun and found the production as he saw it to be lacking passion. I don't know who was in charge of supervising the voice actor's recording sessions and giving the "Can you do that again; that wasn't so good - That was great!" lines and encourage them, but the person did not do good job: Biehn is a good actor, but if the person who is supposed to be in charge of the recording sessions isn't doing very good job (combined with the script) then you will end up getting recordings that might not be as good as they should be.

SIMULANT

Quote from: vonVince on Jul 27, 2013, 05:10:11 PM
Biehn is a good actor, but if the person who is supposed to be in charge of the recording sessions isn't doing very good job (combined with the script) then you will end up getting recordings that might not be as good as they should be.

Agree with this 100% I think the underlying problem with the entire production of A:CM is not necessarily to do with the fact the team that made it were not good at there job but there is a massive difference between technical ability and actually been enthused with what your doing and actually being invested in the project. By the sounds of it they were just running through the motions like as if the meetings when down like this....

" Ok guys we got an Aliens game, its way behind on budget,completion and promotion, what do we need to get it done"

"Cut corners, get some original cast in that will boost it, put a few film references, tie it together with bunch of iconic weapons"

Its no wonder that Michel Biehn is not thrilled of how it was recorded, no doubt it was only recorded over a few days due to money constraints and rather than concentrating on the actor the producer/director probably was staring at the clock. In terms of his comments about possibly not doing another, at the end of the day if the pay checks keep coming in, he will continue to do voice work for Video games its just a shame an Aliens game didn't meet up to his usual working standards.

Sexy Poot

Every time i see someone playing Borderlands 2, a little piece of my soul cries.

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Sexy Poot on Aug 01, 2013, 09:04:38 PM
Every time i see someone playing Borderlands 2, a little piece of my soul cries.
I have nothing against the Borderland series. They were fun.

Quote from: Razz on May 13, 2013, 10:45:10 AM
Quote from: Hudson on May 11, 2013, 07:18:35 AM
So...since this interview is 99.9% about Far Cry 3 BD, it is my duty to say that the game is awesome and everyone who enjoyed 80s action/sci-fi needs to play it. For God's sake you come in gun's blazing to a Predator reference.
This! This right here is the best Quote ever! Buy Blood Dragon everyone!
Yes. I just beat this game the other day and I must say, it is A MUST HAVE if you like 80's movies, Michael Biehn and FPS. It really was a treat between the loading screen hints, descriptions of items you collect, in-game dialogue, and open-world game play. Everyone should play this game.

We all realize ACM was poorly executed, with little to no passion from the developers as we were assured of from the documentaries they released prior to the game's release. No doubt it was in part due to the 6 year debacle where GBX farmed it out to Timegate and they kept having all kinds of difficulties. It would be like building an enormous LEGO set, only to keep shipping out parts of it to be assembled by someone else who wouldn't read the instructions and kept sending back shit you would have to redo. After almost 6 years of that... I'd lose the enthusiasm for building it I had initially too*.
*I'm not justifying it. I'm just as upset at how poorly the game was executed. Logically speaking, this makes sense. Incredible games are built in this time frame or less.     

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed