Should Predator 4 plot be in the jungle or in the city.

Started by Alien Jockey, May 14, 2013, 03:20:59 AM

Author
Should Predator 4 plot be in the jungle or in the city. (Read 136,493 times)

Alien Jockey

I say the jungle. A smaller cast would be great. Predators had a great cast for the most part. There were too many characters. We need characters that come from the same place, not from different parts of the world. We definitely don't need the same mistakes that were made from Predator 2. Drug lords in Los Angeles was a terrible part of the story. Could you imagine Dutch and Lieutenant Mike Harrigan in the same film. If Peter Keyes was alive it'd be awesome as hell to have him in a film with Dutch. Peter Keyes was a show stealer in Predator 2. This is why the Predator series is weaker than the Alien series. They keep getting different characters and less continuity.

Master

Quote from: Alien Jockey on May 14, 2013, 03:20:59 AM
I say the jungle. A smaller cast would be great. Predators had a great cast for the most part. There were too many characters. We need characters that come from the same place, not from different parts of the world. We definitely don't need the same mistakes that were made from Predator 2. Drug lords in Los Angeles was a terrible part of the story. Could you imagine Dutch and Lieutenant Mike Harrigan in the same film. If Peter Keyes was alive it'd be awesome as hell to have him in a film with Dutch. Peter Keyes was a show stealer in Predator 2. This is why the Predator series is weaker than the Alien series. They keep getting different characters and less continuity.

Opinion. The way I see it, jungle was overdone. I love the difference in setting between P1 and P2, but continuity in themes presented. Ps tried to much to be like P1 and finished as quasi-remake but much weaker in the end. If I was responsible for the series future, two new films were made. One called P3 set on earth during a desert conflict, with Garber`s team involved, and second one called Ps2 elaborating on escape of Royce and new group from hunting planet.   

Terx2

I would mind a desert conflict. Could work well. Or go back to the game preserve but show a new section of it.

blood.

doesn't matter. Wherever there's heat and conflict, should be where the predator movie is set.

For something fresh though, a desert environment would be interesting. There can be a large scale war zone and a predator starts tearing **** up. The story can revolve around an elite team that's far behind enemy lines who gets targeted by the predator.

Nightmare Asylum

AliceApocalypse

A Desert war zone using a Classic Predator, who blasts off to fight again at the end.  To make it more realistic, of course  ;D

shadowedge

I'd say a large city would be a much better choice. We've already done a jungle twice. There's more variety with a city.

I'd like the desert area too. Perhaps during a war, that way two sides of humans with state of the art military tech can really give a Predator a challenge.

Master Chief

It should be set in feudal Japan and starring Ken Watanabe and Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa, of course.

Gilfryd

An alien gladiatorial arena on the Predator homeworld.

blood.

Quote from: Gilfryd on May 14, 2013, 11:23:56 PM
An alien gladiatorial arena on the Predator homeworld.

Nice, maybe Royce and whatsername passed the test, beat the obviously amateur "super" predators and get taken to this arena as worthy prey.

szkoki

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 14, 2013, 01:08:24 PM

Or space.

in sci-fi story? where all of the predator games were set? maybe with colonial marines? no chance

Nightmare Asylum

Never suggested Colonial Marines, and I never played any of the games. I merely stated that a Predator film in a futuristic setting set somewhere other than Earth could potentially be interesting.

szkoki

yes i said that but umm here you go with the alien planet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u8vZwvP57Y

Nightmare Asylum

A non-Earth (or even futuristic Earth) planet that humans live on ;)

szkoki

just messing with ya here  :P

im done now, i'll go and rather play some Aliens: Colonial Marines
Spoiler
oh i just cant stop it
[close]

honestly i think that every next Predator movie will be a let down, its just...what new can u add to it except more creatures with they hunt and more gore? sold out, just like the xeno

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed