PC Patch #4

Started by ikarop, May 06, 2013, 08:34:47 PM

Author
PC Patch #4 (Read 14,990 times)

ikarop

ikarop

QuoteA new update for Aliens: Colonial Marines on PC should begin rolling out via Steam soon, adding support for tomorrow's Reconnaissance Pack multiplayer add-on along with various visual improvements including new screen space ambient occlusion (SSAO) functionality.

The team is continuing to work on additional updates and downloadable content for all platforms -- -- details will come as they're finalized.

http://support.gearboxsoftware.com/entries/23137551-PC-Update-Hot-Fix-Information

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

is this patch going to be for the consoles aswell?

Jango1201

Jango1201

I hope it is because we are way overdue for graphics.

Vrastal

Vrastal

It looks like they might actually be striving for the quality originally promised.

It's obviously not but better than it was on release.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

I uninstalled mine today actually, these are great graphical upgrades no doubt, but the problem with all these add-ons is that it's putting more weight on top of a very unstable buggy game that's already dragging ass from the start.

So basically, the more Gearbox adds to it, the more fps loss or overall taxing on your PC rig you'll experience. Before all the updates the game was running quite well, even in heavy action. But now, with all these new lighting effects, texture upgrades and SSAO options ect, it's just doing more harm than good. I've seen this before even with Crysis 2, the more they kept on updating the graphics the more players started complaining about fps drops.

If of course you don't mind stuttering and 20-30fps dips to your gameplay in heavy xeno action, knock yourself out.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Nothing about adding a dedicated servers support - moving along. Nothing to see here.

A_Sexual_Tyrannosaurus

A_Sexual_Tyrannosaurus

Polished turd is still turd.

The Necronoir

The Necronoir

Quote from: PHANTOM on May 07, 2013, 04:07:20 AM
I uninstalled mine today actually, these are great graphical upgrades no doubt, but the problem with all these add-ons is that it's putting more weight on top of a very unstable buggy game that's already dragging ass from the start.

So basically, the more Gearbox adds to it, the more fps loss or overall taxing on your PC rig you'll experience. Before all the updates the game was running quite well, even in heavy action. But now, with all these new lighting effects, texture upgrades and SSAO options ect, it's just doing more harm than good. I've seen this before even with Crysis 2, the more they kept on updating the graphics the more players started complaining about fps drops.

If of course you don't mind stuttering and 20-30fps dips to your gameplay in heavy xeno action, knock yourself out.

The recommended specs for this game were relatively modest, particularly compared to something like Crysis, so I doubt you're going to get much of a performance drop unless your PC was borderline. I haven't experienced any issues, but I recently upgraded.

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

*yawn* Wake me when they finish the game. *snores*

szkoki

szkoki

graphic maniacs....i wouldnt even play the campaign again if it were the most beautiful fps ever....sometimes i feel so alone here

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

The game is in desperate need of a *major* facelift, and it's good that aspect is getting some attention (it still doesn't look nearly as good as last year's demo, though), but I still haven't seen any substantial updates to the gameplay, AI, and animations. All which desperately need improvements and fixes, too. WTF?

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

I'll probably get this game once i have a good gaming pc

WinterActual

WinterActual

You can run this game on low-mid range PC without any problems. Its not demanding at all. GBX didn't bothered to add any demanding technology.

reecebomb

reecebomb

Quote from: szkoki on May 07, 2013, 08:13:07 PM
graphic maniacs....i wouldnt even play the campaign again if it were the most beautiful fps ever....sometimes i feel so alone here

Same here

Gren_86

Gren_86

Quote from: A_Sexual_Tyrannosaurus on May 07, 2013, 08:45:50 AM
Polished turd is still turd.
What he said.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed