Multiplayer Glitches

Started by BR1XER, May 05, 2013, 11:34:14 PM

Author
Multiplayer Glitches (Read 3,932 times)

BR1XER

BR1XER

The AvP 2010 section seems quite dead, so why not a new topic?

Share and discuss unique glitches you've encountered in multiplayer that have turned out to be perks, mishaps, or somewhere in between. Especially if they're hilarious. ;D

predxeno

predxeno

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZjlcmaIqs8#

I remember one Predator sniped all the other players through this glitch and none of us could get at him, I was on PS3.

Bounds34

Bounds34

Ah classic. How about these? Sorry if quality is not as good.

Pyramid "Light Room"

Gateway "Alien Hive"

Pyramid "Marine view light room"

Gateway "Big building where pred spear is found

BR1XER

BR1XER

Quote from: predxeno on May 28, 2013, 04:44:00 AM
I remember one Predator sniped all the other players through this glitch and none of us could get at him, I was on PS3.
Ah, I remember that one. It's handy if you have a marine at hand, as I was. Grab some nades, and one or two well-placed shots will kill him.

My instances on the PS3:

1. Power nodes restoring your energy while you don't enter the animation that renders you vulnerable.

2. Falling off a slanted wall in Temple as the marine onto some stairs protruding from the pool below the bridge, and surviving with no damage whatsoever.

3. I dunno whether this is a glitch, but some canisters in the control room in Refinery spark flames when you fire your PR on them, and explode when you fire the PR on them while simultaneously lighting them up with the flamethrower. The explosion may knock players on their feet if they're close enough, and the flames have proven to be fatal. I wonder if this can be manipulated against aliens and preds though.

4. Some preds occasionally die in a stealth or finishing move with their masks on.

5. A marine or pred gets stealth killed, yet they beat back/throw over the offender, then suddenly drop dead. (vibrations more vehement than usual can be felt on the controller in these circumstances)

6. Laser beams of a pred's battle disc stick to the spot previously aimed at, revealing themselves to marines.

7. Mine is "scanned" on a pred's wrist bracer too long, and it detonates, killing him. This only happened to me once.

8. Marine sometimes dies unexpectedly when backed up into a corner, his arms stretched out as if holding nothing but thin air, then pans to killcam and the death "indicator" shows it as some sort of tangle. No aliens and preds involved.

9. Smartgunner (me) falls through a narrow corridor of stairs in Pyramid, when my squad is ambushed in an infestation match. I fall though 3 floors, to the "basement", yet I don't die, and I survive as the last man standing. I bet both my late squad and the aliens wondered where I vanished to.

10. Pyramid walls in the basement are visually open, but are closed to the player.

This may be off-topic, but I accidentally tricked the single player campaign into allowing the Rookie to carry a Smartgun AND carry a Pulse Rifle where the pistol should be. I'll upload the video proof for that soon.

BR1XER

BR1XER

Video Proof for the smartgun:

http://youtu.be/wghcynY41nc

I've also found that the second HA of two consecutive alien HA's winds up at the speed of a LA, on occasion. Quite a perk if you ask me.  ::)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed