found this little gem

Started by 9th_Stew, Apr 07, 2013, 10:57:28 AM

Author
found this little gem (Read 2,269 times)

9th_Stew

9th_Stew

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUJ_ervrTBQ#ws

all the voice work of the movie characters - good for ppl who aint bought the game (like me)

even though i know the voices are of the actors i do think they have been fiddled with bar Hudson.

Cant help think that hicks is doing a Dr McCoy impression, just waiting for him to put Jim on the end of his sentences.
Drake could be anyone really, i didnt know who it was till i scolled back to the start of the vid.

Maybe its cuz they was recorded doing some kinda rage voice rather than what im used to hearing in the film... i dunno.

Your thoughts??

WinterActual

WinterActual

My thoughts are that the quality of the sounds is just terrible.

Predaker

Predaker

Hudson was not voiced by Bill Paxton but the others were voiced by the original actors (Al Matthews, Michael Biehn, Mark Rolston.)

I think what you are hearing/describing in their voices is partly due to old age.

FightFinda

FightFinda

"Open wide...  Jim" :D

I must say, the person who did the voiceover for Hudson did, for the most part, a spectacular job. I say "for the most part" as he did seem a bit too whiney. I know Hudson did have a tendency to bitch and complain about the situation, but he could did get serious when it came to providing cover for his squad. However that's down to direction rather than voice acting ability. Still did a brilliant job though. In fact I think they all did, although Drake was hard to pinpoint. That could be down to him having fewer lines in the movie than the other three or as Predaker said, old age.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: FightFinda on Apr 07, 2013, 08:37:54 PM
In fact I think they all did, although Drake was hard to pinpoint. That could be down to him having fewer lines in the movie than the other three or as Predaker said, old age.

They should've used soundbites from The Shawshank Redemption.

"You're gonna open your mouth and swallow what I give you to swallow."

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Quote from: RC on Apr 07, 2013, 09:43:48 PM
Quote from: FightFinda on Apr 07, 2013, 08:37:54 PM
In fact I think they all did, although Drake was hard to pinpoint. That could be down to him having fewer lines in the movie than the other three or as Predaker said, old age.

They should've used soundbites from The Shawshank Redemption.

"You're gonna open your mouth and swallow what I give you to swallow."

Oh shit. Is that guy Drake from Aliens?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Yep.  And anything he puts in MY mouth he's gonna lose.

SM

SM

I listened to bits of this.  The only one who sounded like they're from the film was the guy doing Hudson.  :-\

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: SM on Apr 08, 2013, 12:52:13 AM
I listened to bits of this.  The only one who sounded like they're from the film was the guy doing Hudson.  :-\

Sadly, this is true.

Xhan

Xhan

That recording is horrendous.

Sounds nothing like the PC version.

Moosh needs way better equipment.

SM

SM

Is that going to make them sound more like Drake and Apone from the film though?

Xhan

Xhan

It actually does, though having heard Al's singing, his voice isn't as deep as it used to be for rather obvious reasons; still the PC samples have broader range and less flattening on the compression.

She also missed "Do you need me to burp and wipe yo ass, too?", which is probably the best line of anything available in the entire game.

9th_Stew

9th_Stew

i think its because they're all shouting out their lines instead of speaking them. I put it down to the direction the producers wanted... however if u play call of the dead or listen to the sound files of SMG or Robert Englund they dont shout their lines which comes across better ingame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q12VtUtqvNw#ws

enex

enex

Hudson voiced by "Andrew Bowen"

he sounds like him :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=026UuW9osdM#

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: enex on Apr 09, 2013, 02:53:13 PM
Hudson voiced by "Andrew Bowen"

he sounds like him :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=026UuW9osdM#

Oh, f**k yeah! Bowen was so f**king awesome in Mad TV. God this shit takes me back.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed