SEGA admits the trailers for ACM are misleading

Started by WinterActual, Apr 03, 2013, 02:27:54 PM

Author
SEGA admits the trailers for ACM are misleading (Read 14,510 times)

YutaniDitch

Well, thanks SEGA for stating the obvious, more than a month after the fact! And ONLY AFTER placed against the ropes by a SERIOUS entity! SEGA has always got my support, but their severe oversight lapses tend to annoy me as of late! Quality-wise, this is the very first time I had concerns about SEGA severely mismanaging their oversight responsabilities towards a company they contracted to do such an important game! Hopefully, Gearbox lied to them, so they'll get their arrogant, collective asses sued, especially with the rumors of embezzlement, but they, SEGA, would not have the backlash if only they did their jobs, which was to periodically request, DEMAND from Gearbox updates, status on the development! That simple! I always thought that the Japanese were on top of things! And SEGA used to be like that! They even made a game to compete with resident Evil 2 after CApcom signed an exclusive contract with SONY! That was how much respect they had for SEGA SATURN buyers, they made a game for them, and a much better game than RE2 ever was! We even had the protagonist shoot WHILE running!

SO, long story, short, too little, tooo late! NOw, will we wait for another month for Gearbox to apologise, if they'll ever do it?!

These companies need to get heat from consummers, otherwise, we willbe fed this kind of crap over and over! I know for sure that Gearbox will never see a penny from me! And if I ever come across a game from them that does not suck, I will wait till it is for free in some Gaming mag! BUt I am still waiting for them to get their asses SOOOO sued they'll go bankrupt! It matters not that they did a game or two that people like! IT is the principle of false advertising, embezzling funds, redirec funds given to them to make a game to fund their own games! That is criminal! They did it with Duke Nukem Forever and Borderlands, both reported to having been funded with SEGA's money! That is truly a serious acusation that SEGA ought to get to the bottom of!

Having said that though, this would never have happened if SEGA was on top of things in the first place! SO, ultimately, it all comes back and bites them in their negligent arses!

Still, I hope Randy Pitch-a-fraud and entourage get what they deserve! Period!

>:(

Roargathor

Oh that just makes it all better now!  MOTHER F___ERS!!

ShadowPred

lololololol!!!!

Local Trouble

Quote from: YutaniDitch on Apr 03, 2013, 04:14:30 PMThey even made a game to compete with resident Evil 2 after CApcom signed an exclusive contract with SONY! That was how much respect they had for SEGA SATURN buyers, they made a game for them, and a much better game than RE2 ever was! We even had the protagonist shoot WHILE running!

What game was this?

Samus007

Bwhahahahaha!!!

SuperM

Quote from: YutaniDitch on Apr 03, 2013, 04:14:30 PMThey even made a game to compete with resident Evil 2 after CApcom signed an exclusive contract with SONY! That was how much respect they had for SEGA SATURN buyers, they made a game for them, and a much better game than RE2 ever was! We even had the protagonist shoot WHILE running!

LOL yeah right. Resident Evil 2 is an amazing game.

WinterActual

You know whats funny? Every other devs have the "ACTUAL IN-GAME FOOTAGE" text in their trailers to prove how "badass" their games  are, but SEGA and GBX are totally the opposite way  :laugh: - "THIS IS NOT ACTUAL IN-GAME FOOTAGE"

............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.\`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

St_Eddie

Quote from: RC on Apr 03, 2013, 06:24:22 PM

What game was this?

Seconded.

Slaine

The game has made a ton of money, was number 1 in the UK charts, and as of now, all advertising and billboards has come down because it's been out over a month. So it's fine for them to put "Not In Game Footage" on their advertising now, when Sega and Gearbox don't care anymore because they're too busy counting all our money and laughing.

Elicas

Quote from: Slaine on Apr 03, 2013, 09:35:32 PM
The game has made a ton of money, was number 1 in the UK charts, and as of now, all advertising and billboards has come down because it's been out over a month. So it's fine for them to put "Not In Game Footage" on their advertising now, when Sega and Gearbox don't care anymore because they're too busy counting all our money and laughing.

It's very unlikely the game has made back it's projected development + marketing costs.

Slaine

Where can I find it's total revenue? Does anyone have numbers? All i've heard is that despite the negative back-lash, the game still sold very well.

SM

PsyKore

Pfft. What an uneventful outcome. Sega are dipshits.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed