Aliens: Colonial Marines 'Bug Hunt' Available Today

Started by ikarop, Mar 19, 2013, 04:58:57 PM

Author
Aliens: Colonial Marines 'Bug Hunt' Available Today (Read 42,106 times)

DRAKE M.

DRAKE M.

Level 30 - Han Solo

JokersWarPig

Mad it to thirty with a friend and 2 others by holding out outside of the operations building with three turrets near the suppressor. Intense as hell, I also made it to thirty on the Sulaco/Sephora map...it turned into mostly Weyland mercs which was rather boring

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: DRAKE M. on Mar 26, 2013, 08:18:15 PM
Level 30 - Han Solo

Why does it say you only have 20 plus kills?

PsyKore

Finally played Bug Hunt. Very fun, although it'd be nice if you could re-spawn at the last capture point...

DRAKE M.

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Mar 26, 2013, 10:17:04 PM
Level 30 - Han Solo

Those are kills for the last wave

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: DRAKE M. on Mar 27, 2013, 03:40:51 AM
Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Mar 26, 2013, 10:17:04 PM
Level 30 - Han Solo

Those are kills for the last wave

Ohhhhhh, that's right. I was confused.

MichaelMyers

As fun as this mode may be (the similar mode in AVP was actually my favorite) $15 for it is a joke. No thanks Sega/Gearbox

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

Its miles better than the avp version and well worth the money.

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: shakermakerman on Mar 28, 2013, 12:32:53 PM
Its miles better than the avp version and well worth the momey.

AVP 2010 Survivor mode was HOT TRASH. One open area, tiny at that, no doors, and WAY TOO DARK.

Bug Hunt shits all over Survivor mode from AVP 2010.

shakermakerman

TheRaven

Bought it and its good fun c:

Inverse Effect

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Mar 24, 2013, 04:35:54 PM
I am just waiting for a little birthday money so I can purchase the season pass. This way, I don't have to wonder if I should have spent my money on something else since it wasn't money earned, just money received! Woo!

The other DLC might be story missions

YutaniDitch

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Mar 28, 2013, 10:51:31 PM
Quote from: shakermakerman on Mar 28, 2013, 12:32:53 PM
Its miles better than the avp version and well worth the momey.

AVP 2010 Survivor mode was HOT TRASH. One open area, tiny at that, no doors, and WAY TOO DARK.

Bug Hunt shits all over Survivor mode from AVP 2010.

haven't played AVP's Survivor mode, but Bug Hunt is debrained and utterly annoying... The Xenos are ridiculous in terms of damage, with grenades and entire clips to knock just one out, come wave 5, no kidding! A straight shot from 2 feet at the head of a Xeno does nothing, so no, Private, increase the number of Xenos,  if you must, but NEVER, ever do what Gearbox did to the Xenos damage points! That is no fun, just ludicrous to watch! The Mercs firing while running and hitting every single shot is not fun either! So, unless you're a fan of bosses (I am not, and it certainly ruins the suspension of disbelief to me) and incredible unrealistic almost invincible enemies and AI that has a Xeno five feet from you and next milisecond, is already in your face, almost like magic, no, this Bug Hunt mode is crap! I like the concept, but poor execution! The Aliens damage should have stopped at wave 4 and then just increase the number of Xenos on screen (I mean, already three on screen, if the AI was done properly, would get you killed almost instantly! Now, with five or six with that damage resistance, nah, I think I'll pass! Also, can't find anyone online for weeks now! So, it's official, the game is dead online! According to Steam, less than a month after its launch, there was nobody online! That says a lot!

Sorry about my outburst, but it kills me when a concept is good and then thwarted by poor AI and enemy evolution gone utterly wrong! We should be able to play this mode alone (we can, if we stay in just one spot and with three turrets! And we must be close to an ammo and health storage!) But with the Xenos taking so damn long to kill, it makes the entire experience annoying, when we see a six-shooter shotgun being completely ineffective against a SINGLE Xeno come pass wave 5!

Quote from: Guts on Apr 02, 2013, 06:08:01 AM
Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Mar 24, 2013, 04:35:54 PM
I am just waiting for a little birthday money so I can purchase the season pass. This way, I don't have to wonder if I should have spent my money on something else since it wasn't money earned, just money received! Woo!

The other DLC might be story missions

I hope so, if only just one as a Hicks flashback to the events that depart from Alien3... I don't know how long it could take to do an FMV insert on the gameplay... The 'we got everything' is probably to keep doors open for a sequel, and given that the story was boring, snoring and smuthering as hell, any insert FMV shwoing us the fall of >weyland-Yutani, for instance, would be most unwelcoming given the retarded vision of Gearbox's Neumann fraud!

Having said that, though, I heard he was sick for a while,  and even though I disliked his 'vision' immensely, I am glad he got better! He should be more humble, though, when confronted with the fiasco of a story he wrote! And nothing he said in interviews match the game, so Gearbox should set the record straight!

By the way, the Bug Hunt maps shows some of the graphics included in the demo, especially the ground textures on the Tribute map, and if you peek through the window in the Ship map (never remember its name), you can see the planet's light reflecting on the sister ship and it is awesome!

JokersWarPig

You know the suppressors lower the difficulty right?

YutaniDitch

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Apr 03, 2013, 06:07:12 PM
You know the suppressors lower the difficulty right?

What do you mean? Suppressors actually slow the bullets outta the barrel! How does THAT lower the difficulty?!  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed