Aliens: Colonial Marines 'Bug Hunt' Available Today

Started by ikarop, Mar 19, 2013, 04:58:57 PM

Author
Aliens: Colonial Marines 'Bug Hunt' Available Today (Read 42,107 times)

WinterActual

Quote from: DRAKE M. on Mar 22, 2013, 02:19:28 PM
Anyone know how to get the Apone, Hicks and Hudson skins? I purchased from Steam....thanks.
The only way is to buy the Limited Edition from your local game store or some of the online retailers providing the Limited Edition. You CAN'T unlock those chars in the Steam version of the game. They are not "normal" unlocks, they are unlocked via code redeemed later on so yeah.. if you bought the game from Steam you should find a spare Limited Edition code. This is the only way.

YutaniDitch

Well, I played the Tribute mode... First of all, the Aliens get WAY TOO ridiculous after wave 4... This is literally a mode to be played in co-op or multi... there is no way a single guy can get all those Xenos that take forever to kill eve with close range shots! But I am having a blast nevertheless... I am doing it solo to get used to the maps before fighting it off... I made the mistake of joining a game when they were already in wave 14...well, it was chaos! HAHAHAHAH

SO, in short, I like this AI more (not perfect, but improved a bit) but the difficulty is not good... I mean, the Xenos should win in numbers, not by having spend a whole clip or shotgun load to kill just ONE! That is just silly!

Nevertheless, it is strange that this Tribute level has better graphics than the same level on the game! The landscape, the rain on the ground (resembling more the demo) etc... Weird...

Have fun, guys!  ;)

DRAKE M.

Quote from: WinterActual on Mar 22, 2013, 04:10:23 PM
Quote from: DRAKE M. on Mar 22, 2013, 02:19:28 PM
Anyone know how to get the Apone, Hicks and Hudson skins? I purchased from Steam....thanks.
The only way is to buy the Limited Edition from your local game store or some of the online retailers providing the Limited Edition. You CAN'T unlock those chars in the Steam version of the game. They are not "normal" unlocks, they are unlocked via code redeemed later on so yeah.. if you bought the game from Steam you should find a spare Limited Edition code. This is the only way.

That blows! Thanks for the info though...

Predaker

Hopefully they will include the movie skins as part of the four DLC. Otherwise they are available with the collector's edition. I use them more than my custom marine, lol.

Bug Hunt is loads of fun. My sonic electronic ball breakers are finally getting some action. ;D

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: YutaniDitch on Mar 22, 2013, 04:25:13 PM
Well, I played the Tribute mode... First of all, the Aliens get WAY TOO ridiculous after wave 4... This is literally a mode to be played in co-op or multi... there is no way a single guy can get all those Xenos that take forever to kill eve with close range shots! But I am having a blast nevertheless... I am doing it solo to get used to the maps before fighting it off... I made the mistake of joining a game when they were already in wave 14...well, it was chaos! HAHAHAHAH

SO, in short, I like this AI more (not perfect, but improved a bit) but the difficulty is not good... I mean, the Xenos should win in numbers, not by having spend a whole clip or shotgun load to kill just ONE! That is just silly!

Nevertheless, it is strange that this Tribute level has better graphics than the same level on the game! The landscape, the rain on the ground (resembling more the demo) etc... Weird...

Have fun, guys!  ;)

Maybe past recruit. I made it to 15 or so by myself. It was nuts.

Nice to see you've calmed down since our last convo :)

shakermakerman

Loving this cant see myself playing anything else for a long while  ;D.

The Runner

Quote from: Predaker on Mar 22, 2013, 06:52:23 PM

Bug Hunt is loads of fun. My sonic electronic ball breakers are finally getting some action. ;D

That can be taken another way....

Dovahkiin

I'll probably pick this game up when it gets down to the $20-$30 range...and with the extra $15 for this...f**k.

Predaker

Quote from: Dovahkiin on Mar 22, 2013, 11:06:23 PM
I'll probably pick this game up when it gets down to the $20-$30 range...and with the extra $15 for this...f**k.

A:CM is down to $31.54 now @amazon.com and you can get all four DLC for $29.99 (season pass.) You might be able to find a better deal somewhere else or just waiting for another price drop. Good luck!

PRJ_since1990

I am just waiting for a little birthday money so I can purchase the season pass. This way, I don't have to wonder if I should have spent my money on something else since it wasn't money earned, just money received! Woo!

underbound

i need a new xbox before i can play this :(
but i like the game nonetheless and is awesome with coop campaign.

TheRaven

I still don't know wether to get this dlc or not.

I think I might wait fr a bit :/

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

Quote from: TheRaven on Mar 24, 2013, 07:33:13 PM
I still don't know wether to get this dlc or not.

I think I might wait fr a bit :/
You are missing out mate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdvOSP1rWCk#ws

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

This mode is cool, but it is wreaked with problems: bugs (not the xenos) :D, microphone issues/hiccups, and certainly, enormous lag and it is frustrating to play with friends, because of the issues mentioned, and without friends, because the AI is now absurd come past wave 6! That's your AI these days: from unrealistically stupid to unrealistically hard! For single player in Bug Hunt mode, that is! And It takes FOREVER to find mates to play! And the the Xenos taking forever to kill is not helping matters! Of course, with two or three, two turrets and a tunnel to prevent them from coming from multiple directions, it can be done! Still, not my idea of 'good fun' when you're trapped in a mode where you can't get connected to players!

They should build a DLC or a patch that enables us to have a crew of NPC/bot buddies to play with, because unless the issues with the connection/finding parties is solved, this mode is SP only for me! I am tired of waiting and waiting and waiting...!

So, There is still LONG WAYS to go for Gearbox! And next DLC, they need to either retcon or fill in the blanks for the story to make sense! Otherwise, there is no graphics patch, AI semi-patch or co-op modes that can save the beast!

Still, great graphics on the Bug Hunt modes! Why weren't they in the SP campaign to begin with, is anyone's guess!

Regarding the grain, I think it hides better the poor graphics flaws, but it gets annoying... good to know they will include a toggle option on next patches...

Although it is good to see Gearbox trying, this game took 6 years to develop... They are trying to buy us back with things hat ought to have been done prior to release, not months after! And a 4 GB patch says it all! The biggest patch I have ever seen for a game!

Nevertheless, this DLC and the patch are steps in the right direction, except for the film grain...  :)

DRAKE M.

Quote from: YutaniDitch on Mar 25, 2013, 12:19:14 AM
This mode is cool, but it is wreaked with problems: bugs (not the xenos) :D, microphone issues/hiccups, and certainly, enormous lag and it is frustrating to play with friends, because of the issues mentioned, and without friends, because the AI is now absurd come past wave 6! That's your AI these days: from unrealistically stupid to unrealistically hard! For single player in Bug Hunt mode, that is! And It takes FOREVER to find mates to play! And the the Xenos taking forever to kill is not helping matters! Of course, with two or three, two turrets and a tunnel to prevent them from coming from multiple directions, it can be done! Still, not my idea of 'good fun' when you're trapped in a mode where you can't get connected to players!

They should build a DLC or a patch that enables us to have a crew of NPC/bot buddies to play with, because unless the issues with the connection/finding parties is solved, this mode is SP only for me! I am tired of waiting and waiting and waiting...!

So, There is still LONG WAYS to go for Gearbox! And next DLC, they need to either retcon or fill in the blanks for the story to make sense! Otherwise, there is no graphics patch, AI semi-patch or co-op modes that can save the beast!

Still, great graphics on the Bug Hunt modes! Why weren't they in the SP campaign to begin with, is anyone's guess!

Regarding the grain, I think it hides better the poor graphics flaws, but it gets annoying... good to know they will include a toggle option on next patches...

Although it is good to see Gearbox trying, this game took 6 years to develop... They are trying to buy us back with things hat ought to have been done prior to release, not months after! And a 4 GB patch says it all! The biggest patch I have ever seen for a game!

Nevertheless, this DLC and the patch are steps in the right direction, except for the film grain...  :)

I agree that it has glitches but I beat the first 2 maps alone on normal mode. It can be done...... I think its fun as shit. Just needs DEDICATED SERVERS!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed