Predator 3D Blu-Ray Discussion

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Mar 09, 2013, 06:46:20 AM

Author
Predator 3D Blu-Ray Discussion (Read 49,316 times)

Greyback

Greyback

Fox is not the bad guy. They ask Rodriguez to make a further movie. The problem is that Rodriguez have to many projekts and not enough time. When Sin City 2 come in the cinemas, this would be 9 years after part 1.

predxeno

predxeno

Does anybody know if Fox will be present at the NYCC in October?  I live in New Jersey and for obvious reasons couldn't make the SDCC where they were selling preorders of the Predator 3D set (it being halfway around the country); I may, however, be interested in taking a look if it comes to NYCC.  And for that matter, when does Predator 3D come out anyway?

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: Hudson on Jul 21, 2013, 09:03:09 PM
Quotemost of you sound hopeless about a new WELL made predator movie.

It arguably hasn't happened since 1987, and after four failed attempts at making good movies I'm not sure I'd call people hopeless.
I think its actually 1990. I actually enjoy Predator 2, seems much more violent and condensed than P1.
Want some candy?

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jul 23, 2013, 05:46:13 PM
Quote from: Hudson on Jul 21, 2013, 09:03:09 PM
Quotemost of you sound hopeless about a new WELL made predator movie.

It arguably hasn't happened since 1987, and after four failed attempts at making good movies I'm not sure I'd call people hopeless.

I think its actually 1990. I actually enjoy Predator 2, seems much more violent and condensed than P1.

That's why Hudson wrote 'arguably'.

'Requiem' was more violent than Anderson's effort, too, but most people prefer the former, if they're forced to choose. Violence, on its own, doesn't make a good film as a whole. Just memorable individual scenes.

For instance, the down time between action scenes can be appreciated in 'Predator', but I'm not sure most casual viewers enjoy the same filler content in the sequel to nearly the same degree.

Master

Master

Still, P2 is considered good film by most people. I love it as much as P1, though I understand the difference between two. P1 is classic but no sequel to it, no matter how good, will be  classic.

Sully

Sully

Most people I've encountered who shit on Predator 2 are the type who rarely watch any movies and think that it's just more 'knowledgeable' to shit on a sequel just because it's a sequel.  An example is (and this was before Die Hard 4) is people who would speak of 'bad sequels' when mentioning Die Hard.  Yeah, all three Die Hard movies were good.  Not as good as the first, but to adamantly state that they aren't good at all is just annoying.

Or others who say P2 sucks because of no Arnold.  What?  Bullshit.

Great movie that did well to NOT suck next to the original.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Sully on Jul 28, 2013, 06:12:56 PM

Oh god....I read that in Arnold's voice :D

botched

botched

Quote from: Sully on Jul 28, 2013, 06:12:56 PM
Most people I've encountered who shit on Predator 2 are the type who rarely watch any movies and think that it's just more 'knowledgeable' to shit on a sequel just because it's a sequel.  An example is (and this was before Die Hard 4) is people who would speak of 'bad sequels' when mentioning Die Hard.  Yeah, all three Die Hard movies were good.  Not as good as the first, but to adamantly state that they aren't good at all is just annoying.

Great movie that did well to NOT suck next to the original.

VERY WELL SAID.

Sully

Sully

http://www.manlymovie.net/predator-3d-good-conversion

Early reports:  It's impressive.  Which is a surprise, odds were against that...

AcidGlow

AcidGlow

Anything extra in this blue ray version that's not on all the DVD versions out there?

Cellien

Cellien

3D Predator Blu-Ray?  Insta-bought.

Master

Master

I`ve got it today. It`s great! Head is very big and detailed (not 1:1 but still very cool). My alien anthology will find a new place ;)

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: Master on Dec 27, 2013, 07:16:38 PM
I`ve got it today. It`s great! Head is very big and detailed (not 1:1 but still very cool). My alien anthology will find a new place ;)

Great!  I was waiting to hear from a reputable Predator fan before getting it.  Thanks for the input  :)

Master

Master

Glad to help. It's a late Christmas gift from my brother. Great piece.

redalert51

redalert51

I really hope so,there are so many fans are waiting. including me .The are so many great stories, by top writers . what stopping them .. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed