Predator 3D Blu-Ray Discussion

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Mar 09, 2013, 06:46:20 AM

Author
Predator 3D Blu-Ray Discussion (Read 48,899 times)

predxeno

predxeno

How much are they charging for that?

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

f**k the head, but i really like the packaging. Price is 129,99 $

Hudson

Hudson

Executives: "Hey, wanna sell a 25 year old movie for $130 a pop?"

Requiem28

Requiem28

Where the f**k were you all this time, Johnny?

predxeno

predxeno

Does anyone know if this will be released in theatres?  Or is it just Blu-Ray?

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Requiem28 on Jul 17, 2013, 04:06:20 PM
Where the f**k were you all this time, Johnny?
Right here, just cloaked ;)

Truth is: I dont care about the video games and the fan fiction or the comic books, thats why i never posted. I just care about the movies, and thats pretty much dead ground.
Does anyone know if this will be released in theatres?  Or is it just Blu-Ray?
Blu-Ray only, at least thats the current plan.

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

It was also announced that there will be a new remaster for the 3d version...So hopefully there might also be one for the 2d version seeing as how there is a 2d version included with the 3d one???

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

QuoteIt was also announced that there will be a new remaster for the 3d version
Not really, they just said "All-New 3D Transfer", which could really mean the old master converted to 3d, because thats what makes it "all-new", technically speaking.

I dont have a problem with the Hunter Edition, i still think the movie looks really pleasing on that one, but i wouldnt mind seeing the movie redone in 4K with a little less noise reduction here and there.

I never had a problem with the grain, thats what movies from the 80s look like, but the print was always in really bad shape (dropouts and print damages were heavy on the DVD and 2008 blu-ray), the UHE doesnt have that, they restored a lot of that frame by frame and the effort shows.

predxeno

predxeno

I would get this if they added modern digital effects to spruce up the film; I never was a fan of the original Predator, one part was because of the outdated special effects and the other bigger part was that I never appreciated the Rambo mood of the film. :)  But, a remaster of the film will probably get me into seeing the film the way true fans of the movie do; I really appreciated the Jurassic Park 3D remaster and I didn't regret a second of it.

demonbane

demonbane

Quote from: underbound on Jul 17, 2013, 01:17:59 PM
I was really hoping for a game because in reality theres only a hand full of predator only games that came out  while the Alien has had tons of stuff. Personally I think the predator franchise is being short handed while Alien is constantly thrown in everyones face with too much crap in it "cough"A:CM,prometheus,resurrection"cough" If it could possibly be a new movie I want it to expand on predators(but not IT the concept though) As I want to know,maybe the berserkers werent bad boods but a deep tribe feud where they shed blood that the others did to theres giving an explantion as why they hung the jungle hunter.
If the movie would suck the only thing that keeps me watching is the design the pred has,like p2 it sucked but citys design was badass which kept me interested,predators was good to my personal taste and I thouht berserker's design was cool because the mask made him looked pissed at something and his face was scarier looking than any pred ive seen so far IMO. So theres my 2 cents on the subject.
I hate to admit but Alien franchise dwarfs Predator franchise by a huge margin. Not only the first film set sci fi horror bar, the sequel set another bar which is something Predator 2 failed to do. Contrary to fans' opinion, Predator 2 did not do well financially and critically. That's why it took so much time to get another Predator movie let alone game after failure that was Concrete Jungle. Don't get me wrong. I like the game but it is not something to worship much. I mean even AVP franchise beat Predator. Just look at number of threads on each forum. Predator franchise is not that big to warrant financial success. That's why companies are hesitant on taking risk. I really wish someone with gut take Predator game seriously. We can only hope.

Prime113

Prime113

Well that freaking sucks!  :'( :'(

Requiem28

Requiem28

Prime!

Cvalda

Cvalda

http://www.foxconnect.com/predator-3d-head.html

QuoteTHE ULTIMATE HUNTING TROPHY – This limited-edition gift set includes an exclusive keepsake sculpture with removable mask to celebrate the arrival of Predator on Blu-ray 3D™ — plus the 2D Blu-ray™ and DVD versions of the movie, along with hours of out-of-this-world extras!

Only $130!!!
:o

ace3g

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed