Predator 3D Blu-Ray Discussion

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Mar 09, 2013, 06:46:20 AM

Author
Predator 3D Blu-Ray Discussion (Read 48,719 times)

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 16, 2013, 10:19:52 PM
I'm still wondering if this is what the news was truly about. 'Hunt the Predator' doesn't sound like it's got much in common with an announcement about a 3D Blu-Ray release.

Not that it matters for those of us who don't have 3D televisions, but still.

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Jul 16, 2013, 12:46:33 AM
:o The only thing that sucked about Predator 2 is the credits.

Eh... Everything the creature was a part of, was generally very good. Everything it didn't feature in, was a bit terrible. Like how the bugs were visually impressive in 'Starship Troopers', but virtually everything else was painfully superficial. Wasn't a patch on the much superior first film.

P2 had the mix of suspense, actors, story line, it was the perfect sequel to the original.  Honestly I am on the fence over which one I like better, the original or sequel but I will say that both films are highly regarded as excellent work.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jul 14, 2013, 11:22:29 PM

So far after PREDATORS, the studio hasn't really expressed interest in doing another movie and they've got their hands busy on PARADISE, the Prometheus sequel.

I would much rather have a sequel to PREDATORS than Prometheus any day.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: echobbase79 on Jul 16, 2013, 10:49:47 PM
Well luckily, most of that movie deals with the creature. I'd say 80-85% P2 was nothing but City Hunter wreaking havoc.

I doubt it featured that heavily. :)

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Jul 16, 2013, 11:26:00 PM
P2 had the mix of suspense, actors, story line, it was the perfect sequel to the original.  Honestly I am on the fence over which one I like better, the original or sequel but I will say that both films are highly regarded as excellent work.

The acting is bad (the guy still 'choking', even though Harrigan's got his hand about five inches away from his throat, never fails to make me laugh) and there's largely no suspense in the story, due to the audience already knowing fully well what's doing the killing (the script's biggest flaw, since it partly attempts to be a detective mystery). The attempts at forced comedy, in particular, just don't work.

The action sequences are generally very good, though, yes. Aside from the weirdness of Bill Paxton seemingly throwing a golf ball for no apparent reason... :) Stuff like King Willy's death, the slaughterhouse scene and things like that, however - entertaining stuff. Although, even there, the capture team behave just... Really inept. You don't get the impression that they're professionals (compare them to how Dutch's people were established and there's no contest).

Just my opinion, though. Your mileage may vary.

ace3g

ace3g

new message:

We may not know what the f*** we're dealing with, but we know Major Alan "Dutch" Schaefer killed one of these creatures, and he has left behind clues to help us beat these bastards. Stay tuned for further intel. ‪#‎HUNTthePREDATOR‬

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 17, 2013, 01:07:54 AM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Jul 16, 2013, 10:49:47 PM
Well luckily, most of that movie deals with the creature. I'd say 80-85% P2 was nothing but City Hunter wreaking havoc.

I doubt it featured that heavily. :)

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Jul 16, 2013, 11:26:00 PM

The acting is bad (the guy still 'choking', even though Harrigan's got his hand about five inches away from his throat, never fails to make me laugh) and there's largely no suspense in the story, due to the audience already knowing fully well what's doing the killing (the script's biggest flaw, since it partly attempts to be a detective mystery). The attempts at forced comedy, in particular, just don't work.

The action sequences are generally very good, though, yes. Aside from the weirdness of Bill Paxton seemingly throwing a golf ball for no apparent reason... :) Stuff like King Willy's death, the slaughterhouse scene and things like that, however - entertaining stuff. Although, even there, the capture team behave just... Really inept. You don't get the impression that they're professionals (compare them to how Dutch's people were established and there's no contest).

Just my opinion, though. Your mileage may vary.

You have good points, P2 is not without its faults.

I felt the suspense of " whoa a Predator in the city" and thought Glover was the right contrast to Dutch's team eliminating the rerun effect.  Also the 80's was big guns, big muscles then we switch to the 90's with a street smart cop.  I liked the little bits of comedy, but thats just personal taste.  You have to admit the subway scene was awesome  :)

echobbase79

echobbase79

Have either of you read the P2 novel? If not I'd read it because it handles the detective stuff a lot better. But yes no matter what the script is flawed. But I still think its a worthy sequel.

Here's an old topic about what went wrong with P2 and it also covers A Nightmare on Elmstreet 5.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=37368.0

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: ace3g on Jul 17, 2013, 01:24:08 AM
new message:

We may not know what the f*** we're dealing with, but we know Major Alan "Dutch" Schaefer killed one of these creatures, and he has left behind clues to help us beat these bastards. Stay tuned for further intel. ‪#‎HUNTthePREDATOR‬

Good lord, Fox is really pimping out for this 3D Blu-ray, huh?

-Rakai'Thwei

DerelictShip

DerelictShip

I might feel betrayed, I might cry, and I might kick f**king holes in my wall. WHY IN THE HELL WOULD YOU LEAD PEOPLE ON TO SOMETHING THAT WE WANTED, THEN TELL US IT WAS FOR A f**kING 3D RELEASE. I don't have 3D, hell 1 out of 5.9999999 Billion people on the planet don't have a 3D television. Why make that kind of announcement on something everybody would be looking at waiting to hear news for a new film, next time tell us ahead of time it was your shitty advertisement for a 3D release. FOX IS FULL OF ASSHOLES.

That felt goooooooooood, blowing steam......blowing.....steam.

worldpeace

worldpeace

FOX IS FULL OF ASSHOLES
[/quote]    yeah fox sucks. george lucas sold to disney for good reason.   avp killed stan winston. fox killed avp

Roargathor

Roargathor

I have to agree with what others have said.  If it was a movie, we'd have heard more about it by now.  Nothing stays so tightly under wraps in this industry anymore.  Bummer though, I was kinda hoping for a new film. 

happypred

happypred

Quote from: Bender1988 on Jul 15, 2013, 08:36:54 AM
New movie would be cool...if directed by someone who doesnt think he can make something that will top the original. Rodriguez Super predator idea- I cant desribe how i hate him for such retard idea-they were bad bloods nothing more-but thanx to him many, among Younger fans consider them to exist-it bugs me because he wanted to show that he can create something more badass than original- he failed in that quest but younger fans still think this retard idea/new species of predator exists.

It was a bad idea with even worse execution. Bad bloods/renegades would've been fine. "Black super predators" who don't even feel predator-ish are really lame

blood.

blood.

Predator 3D release??

Totally worth the hype   :)

underbound

underbound

I was really hoping for a game because in reality theres only a hand full of predator only games that came out  while the Alien has had tons of stuff. Personally I think the predator franchise is being short handed while Alien is constantly thrown in everyones face with too much crap in it "cough"A:CM,prometheus,resurrection"cough" If it could possibly be a new movie I want it to expand on predators(but not IT the concept though) As I want to know,maybe the berserkers werent bad boods but a deep tribe feud where they shed blood that the others did to theres giving an explantion as why they hung the jungle hunter.
If the movie would suck the only thing that keeps me watching is the design the pred has,like p2 it sucked but citys design was badass which kept me interested,predators was good to my personal taste and I thouht berserker's design was cool because the mask made him looked pissed at something and his face was scarier looking than any pred ive seen so far IMO. So theres my 2 cents on the subject.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: DerelictShip on Jul 17, 2013, 02:32:06 AM
I might feel betrayed, I might cry, and I might kick f**king holes in my wall. WHY IN THE HELL WOULD YOU LEAD PEOPLE ON TO SOMETHING THAT WE WANTED, THEN TELL US IT WAS FOR A f**kING 3D RELEASE. I don't have 3D, hell 1 out of 5.9999999 Billion people on the planet don't have a 3D television. Why make that kind of announcement on something everybody would be looking at waiting to hear news for a new film, next time tell us ahead of time it was your shitty advertisement for a 3D release. FOX IS FULL OF ASSHOLES.

That felt goooooooooood, blowing steam......blowing.....steam.

When you come to think of it, a 3D Predator Blu-Ray was probably the most likely of all the new suggestions; thoughts of a movie, video game, or even comic seem to good to be true at this point. :(  I just lament that this will probably not be released in theatres which is too bad cause I don't have a 3D TV.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Limited Head-Edition

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed