Aliens: Colonial Marines Patch #2 Released [Updated]

Started by ikarop, Mar 07, 2013, 06:16:43 PM

Author
Aliens: Colonial Marines Patch #2 Released [Updated] (Read 34,122 times)

Predaker

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Mar 08, 2013, 01:28:53 AM
Quote from: ikarop on Mar 07, 2013, 07:28:22 PM
Quote from: PanCoreUnit on Mar 07, 2013, 07:23:25 PM
Quote from: ikarop on Mar 07, 2013, 07:02:32 PM
Quote from: Berserker Pred on Mar 07, 2013, 06:32:16 PM
Great, a loosely fitting dog collar.
For the Alien right? The file has been on the disc since release date.

It's this guy: http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/234/3/8/ajax_j_xenomorph_by_proppedupcreations-d5c0i3h.jpg https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BCoLlHwCQAA0efp.jpg

Why would....

seriosuly

What were they one when someone decided this would be a good idea??(hopes this is a joke)

These cosplayers helped them at conventions and promo events. I guess it's a way to say thanks. There's a bunch of this stuff in the game (marine heads modelled after fans, UKCM logo, etc...).

http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac273/JokersWarPig68/92-what-the-f**k-is-this-shit_zpsf378678f.jpg

Spoiler
[close]

Dovahkiin

Quote from: ikarop on Mar 07, 2013, 07:28:22 PM
Quote from: PanCoreUnit on Mar 07, 2013, 07:23:25 PM
Quote from: ikarop on Mar 07, 2013, 07:02:32 PM
Quote from: Berserker Pred on Mar 07, 2013, 06:32:16 PM
Great, a loosely fitting dog collar.
For the Alien right? The file has been on the disc since release date.

It's this guy: http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/234/3/8/ajax_j_xenomorph_by_proppedupcreations-d5c0i3h.jpg https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BCoLlHwCQAA0efp.jpg

Why would....

seriosuly

What were they one when someone decided this would be a good idea??(hopes this is a joke)

These cosplayers helped them at conventions and promo events. I guess it's a way to say thanks. There's a bunch of this stuff in the game (marine heads modelled after fans, UKCM logo, etc...).

Oh,WOW. That's awful.

OpenMaw

"Bug Hunt" is actually euphemistic DLC, featuring bondage gear for the xenos and sex-toys for the colonial marines.

You draw your own conclusions.

SM

Achievement Unlocked
Safe word.

chupacabras acheronsis

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 08, 2013, 03:26:19 AM
"Bug Hunt" is actually euphemistic DLC, featuring bondage gear for the xenos and sex-toys for the colonial marines.

You draw your own conclusions.

no need.

Gren_86

As if the Kenner aliens weren't enough and now we have to put up with this, the perfect organism reduced to wearing a f**king dog collar!?!
True cannon material but I have to admit it suits the game. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFfN5pKzFU#

WinterActual

The patch is completely useless for the PC version at least. Nothing to do with the MP at all - the game will stay dead for a while.

Njm1983

The shit-storm rolls on.... in this case "trolls on"

piff

Quote from: WinterActual on Mar 08, 2013, 05:37:19 AM
The patch is completely useless for the PC version at least. Nothing to do with the MP at all - the game will stay dead for a while.

the game is dead.

died the quickest death ever for a video game.

guess they will keep raping the franchise for everything they can and rip us off

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: Gearbox SoftwareThe PlayStation 3 update is expected to roll out around 9AM GMT / 3AM CT on Friday, March 8.

The upcoming PC update will share many of the changes contained in the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 updates, along with some additional changes that will be part of a future update for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Quote3/8/2013 Update

General

- Addressed an issue that could sometimes cause co-op player revival to not work under certain circumstances.
    - Addressed issues with players not spawning into a level properly.
    - Fixed a marine player invincibility exploit.
    - Resolved several instances where players could walk or fall outside of maps.
    - Fixed an issue that could cause localized text to sometimes display incorrectly.
    - Addressed an issue where weapon ammunition was not always highlighted properly.
    - Addressed some issues where multiplayer / co-op clients could see interactive objects displayed in a different state.
    - Fixed a bug affecting voiceovers with the Firing Range bonus content.
    - Addressed an issue where Ripley's Flamethrower (bonus content) would sometimes fire continuously without player input.
    - General user interface improvements.
    - Overall stability improvements.
    - Miscellaneous bug fixes.

Campaign

- Addressed some issues that could cause improper warping for co-op players.
    - Various tweaks to address instances where NPC characters would not always properly navigate to objectives.
    - Added safeguards to prevent players from using a weapon in the weapons-suppressed portion of "One Bullet."
    - Modified Bella and Reid's behavior in "No Hope in Hadley's" to prevent them from spawning at the wrong point.

Versus

- Fixed issues that could clients to report inaccurate results and statistics.
    - Addressed instances where a map would appear to "pop in" when loading into a new match.
    - Addressed an issue that was could cause stutter when opening the multiplayer scoreboard.
    - Switching profiles while in a lobby now returns players to the title screen immediately.
    - Multiplayer teams should now correctly auto-balance between rounds.
    - New Xeno appearance customization added.

The Necronoir

Quote from: ikarop on Mar 07, 2013, 06:16:43 PM
"The upcoming PC update will share many of the changes contained in the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 updates, along with some additional changes that will be part of a future update for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3."

That has interesting implications, which I'm not entirely sure how to interpret. It would appear to suggest that they're forging ahead with the updates on the PC platform, with the XBOX and PS3 iterations taking a little longer to tailor for each platform. But in that case why is the PC version not coming out first? Also, given the high overhead costs of patching on the consoles vs PC, you'd expect them to want to cram more fixes into fewer updates on those platforms, making them even fewer and further between. Weird.

pixelbaron

My guess is they have a skeleton crew working on updates and fixes.

They are just going through the motions and probably checking off bullet points that satisfy their shareholders and once that has run its course after a couple of more anemic patches they'll abandon this abortion of a game and never speak of it again.

TorsoInvader

LOL I just noticed in my last post because of my rage/disgust i had a whole bunch of typos  in it.

Anyway IMO its not really fair to blame Timegate,they are a small company and they tried to do what they could.Sure it was bad but at least they tried.

We all know what GBX did(spending A:CM money on BL2 etc) so its their mess and if they ever want to make money again they should do alot better with the patches then adding a damn dog collar and fixing issues that should have been fixed before launch.

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: RagingDragon on Mar 07, 2013, 06:41:41 PM
With the amount of bugs in the game, I'm sure the list of potential fixes is staggering. At least they've patched something, and hopefully this means they'll keep up support until the end of the DLC run.

New Xeno appearance customization eh? Have to check it out. The multiplayer scoreboard hang was also devilishly awful, that's a good thing to fix right away.

Every time you hit back to check the scores, the game freezes for like 1-2 seconds. I've gotten killed a few times trying to check the scores. God do they need to work on the wall-walk and pounce freeze. I mean seriously.

Some damage tweaks are also in order. Pump shotguns can kill in 1 shot, and so can Spitter attacks somehow? I don't understand how this happens since I've never been able to kill someone with 1 shot from a Spitter...
Agreed. The back button is more like a freeze button. Also, is the fact the camera before a round begins and after a round finishes supposed to pan and stop like that? With all the other faults, I can't be sure about this one lol. Either way, I'm happy they're trying to fix problems and Gearbox hasn't left the game to die outright.

As much as I love Rip's Flamethrower, I have to say half the time I try to use the flame in close range when someone jumps at me, it literally stops working. It sputs out a small flame and I have to click the Left trigger a few times before I get a steady stream. But usually at that point, I die.

RagingDragon

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Mar 08, 2013, 04:45:32 PM
As much as I love Rip's Flamethrower, I have to say half the time I try to use the flame in close range when someone jumps at me, it literally stops working. It sputs out a small flame and I have to click the Left trigger a few times before I get a steady stream. But usually at that point, I die.

I have this problem when I'm firing the pulse rifle sometimes. I'll get hit by an Alien in melee, and my rifle just stops firing even though I'm holding the trigger down. This allows the Alien to just follow me and claw me to death. I never release and repress the trigger fast enough, but it only happens once in a great while.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed