Aliens: Colonial Marines Patch #2 Released [Updated]

Started by ikarop, Mar 07, 2013, 06:16:43 PM

Author
Aliens: Colonial Marines Patch #2 Released [Updated] (Read 34,145 times)

ikarop

Gearbox Software has announced today that a new patch for Aliens: Colonial Marines has just been released on Xbox 360. Updates for the PC and PlayStation 3 versions of the game are also on the way.

A new update for Aliens: Colonial Marines is currently rolling out on Xbox 360, with PC and PlayStation 3 updates expected to release in the near future as well.

You can find the full changelog for the Xbox 360 patch after the cut.

Update: The PlayStation 3 update is expected to arrive tomorrow at 9AM GMT on Friday, March 8. The changelog for this platform can be found here.

The upcoming PC update will share many of the changes contained in the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 updates, along with some additional changes that will be part of a future update for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Changelog (3/7/2013):

General

– Addressed an issue that could sometimes cause co-op player revival to not work under certain circumstances.
– Addressed issues with players not spawning into a level properly.
– Fixed a marine player invincibility exploit.
– Resolved several instances where players could walk or fall outside of maps.
– Fixed an issue that could cause localized text to sometimes display incorrectly.
– Addressed an issue where weapon ammunition was not always highlighted properly.
– Addressed some issues where multiplayer / co-op clients could see interactive objects displayed in a different state.
– Fixed a bug affecting voiceovers with the Firing Range bonus content.
– Addressed an issue where Ripley's Flamethrower (bonus content) would sometimes fire continuously without player input.
– Addressed a rare issue that could cause Achievements to not unlock properly.
– General user interface improvements.
– Miscellaneous bug fixes.

Campaign

– Addressed some issues that could cause improper warping for co-op players.
– Various tweaks to address instances where NPC characters would not always properly navigate to objectives.
– Added safeguards to prevent players from using a weapon in the weapons-suppressed portion of "One Bullet."
– Modified Bella and Reid's behavior in "No Hope in Hadley's" to prevent them from spawning at the wrong point.

Versus

– Fixed issues that could clients to report inaccurate results and statistics.
– Addressed instances where a map would appear to "pop in" when loading into a new match.
– Addressed an issue that was could cause stutter when opening the multiplayer scoreboard
– Switching profiles while in a lobby now returns players to the title screen immediately.
– Multiplayer teams should now correctly auto-balance between rounds.
– New Xeno appearance customization added.

Berserker Pred

Great, a loosely fitting dog collar.

OpenMaw

I see no Alien AI improvements.

Elicas

Don't worry guys, everything is fixed. 11/10.

RagingDragon

With the amount of bugs in the game, I'm sure the list of potential fixes is staggering. At least they've patched something, and hopefully this means they'll keep up support until the end of the DLC run.

New Xeno appearance customization eh? Have to check it out. The multiplayer scoreboard hang was also devilishly awful, that's a good thing to fix right away.

Every time you hit back to check the scores, the game freezes for like 1-2 seconds. I've gotten killed a few times trying to check the scores. God do they need to work on the wall-walk and pounce freeze. I mean seriously.

Some damage tweaks are also in order. Pump shotguns can kill in 1 shot, and so can Spitter attacks somehow? I don't understand how this happens since I've never been able to kill someone with 1 shot from a Spitter...

Aceburster

If youre gonna make a bad game, you might as well make it a rock solid bad game... Seems like a waste of patch money tbh.

ikarop

ikarop

fragzilla88

can anyone tell me why after i found hicks shotgun while playing co op i seem to have lost my pulse rifle and can only switch between hicks and the other pump action shotgun? this has continued through multiple campain plays, am i missing something?

Berserker Pred

Quote from: ikarop on Mar 07, 2013, 07:02:32 PM
Quote from: Berserker Pred on Mar 07, 2013, 06:32:16 PM
For the Alien right? The file has been on the disc since release date.

It's this guy: http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/234/3/8/ajax_j_xenomorph_by_proppedupcreations-d5c0i3h.jpg https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BCoLlHwCQAA0efp.jpg

I didn't realize it was on the disc or that it was based off of that guy. It looks cool on that costume but doesn't fit very nicely in the actual game though and you can only wear it with certain alien heads  :( . However I'm all for free (sort of) customization. Do you know if there are any other files that are already on the disc?

TorsoInvader

It's this guy: http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/234/3/8/ajax_j_xenomorph_by_proppedupcreations-d5c0i3h.jpg https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BCoLlHwCQAA0efp.jpg

Why would....

seriosuly

What were they one when someone decided this would be a good idea??(hopes this is a joke)

Quote from: fragzilla88 on Mar 07, 2013, 07:12:49 PM
can anyone tell me why after i found hicks shotgun while playing co op i seem to have lost my pulse rifle and can only switch between hicks and the other pump action shotgun? this has continued through multiple campain plays, am i missing something?

All you need to do is open your weapon menu and pick your guns again.

PRI. HUDSON

No high res texture patch? LOL. Thanks.

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: PanCoreUnit on Mar 07, 2013, 07:23:25 PM

Why would....

seriosuly

What were they one when someone decided this would be a good idea??(hopes this is a joke)

These cosplayers helped them at conventions and promo events. I guess it's a way to say thanks. There's a bunch of this stuff in the game (marine heads modelled after fans, UKCM logo, etc...).

pixelbaron

I was about to get really mad at video games because the patch is lackluster, but then I saw that they unlocked some shitty trinket I can put on my alien.

11/10 game of the year!

RagingDragon

It's nice that they're giving a nod to those cosplayer folks that helped them hype their terrible game. I'm sure they're just as mad, if not more, than the rest of us since they thought it was going to be worth their time.

God that collar, I'm just gonna go full Bambi and not say anything, because I definitely don't have anything nice to say. :-\

fragzilla88

thanks pan i had just figured that out. didnt realize i was already sporrting the entire weapon library un my coat.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed