ACM easter eggs

Started by 9th_Stew, Mar 02, 2013, 12:19:56 PM

Author
ACM easter eggs (Read 4,873 times)

SiL

SiL

Why is it that the Easter eggs are the only things that work consistently in the game?

Aceburster

Aceburster

Because the easter eggs are almost all donuts, and donut are made with love.

Deathly_rYaN

Deathly_rYaN

You might as well just put in an Easter Alien! You know, laying Eggs all over the place XP

SiL

SiL

Isn't there an Easter egg where the eggs are ... Easter eggs?

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Now i'm picturing a Cadbury Alien.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFCNvZ_1gg0#

JungleHunter87

JungleHunter87

QuoteNow i'm picturing a Cadbury Alien.
Spoiler

Oh please! Do NOT give them their next game idea.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

JungleHunter87

JungleHunter87

^I could totally see that as being concept art for the...*shivers* sequel...

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: SiL on Mar 03, 2013, 07:10:10 AM
Yep, on level 2. There is an achievement/trophy for finding them.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 03, 2013, 02:51:43 AM
Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Mar 02, 2013, 09:14:25 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 02, 2013, 07:37:46 PM
Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Mar 02, 2013, 02:28:14 PM
So exploding giant rolling doughnuts are a part of the canon now? Getting better and better.
Yeah no. It's an easter egg.

But it's in the game, and they said the game is canon. So whatever is in the game it has to be considered canon, therefore exploding giant doughnuts of doom rolling around on LV-426 has to be taken as a fact and nothing to laugh about.
Yeah no.

This is the internet so I honestly can't tell if you're being flippant or being serious. Like seriously it's really hard to tell with people online sometimes, so I'm holding back an exasperated response in the off chance that you're just joking around. But like I said, this is the internet so anything is possible I guess.

A little bit of both my friend.

Personally, as you may know by now, I don't consider anything else other than the original movies as Alien canon. The thought of games being a part of the same canon as the movies is ridiculous and just doesn't work at all - these easter eggs are one amongst hundreds of reasons why that's the case.

I know you're of a different opinion though.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SiL on Mar 03, 2013, 07:10:10 AM
Yes. There's an achievement for finding it.

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Mar 03, 2013, 01:48:12 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 03, 2013, 02:51:43 AM
Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Mar 02, 2013, 09:14:25 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 02, 2013, 07:37:46 PM
Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Mar 02, 2013, 02:28:14 PM
So exploding giant rolling doughnuts are a part of the canon now? Getting better and better.
Yeah no. It's an easter egg.

But it's in the game, and they said the game is canon. So whatever is in the game it has to be considered canon, therefore exploding giant doughnuts of doom rolling around on LV-426 has to be taken as a fact and nothing to laugh about.
Yeah no.

This is the internet so I honestly can't tell if you're being flippant or being serious. Like seriously it's really hard to tell with people online sometimes, so I'm holding back an exasperated response in the off chance that you're just joking around. But like I said, this is the internet so anything is possible I guess.

A little bit of both my friend.

Personally, as you may know by now, I don't consider anything else other than the original movies as Alien canon. The thought of games being a part of the same canon as the movies is ridiculous and just doesn't work at all - these easter eggs are one amongst hundreds of reasons why that's the case.

I know you're of a different opinion though.
It always seemed pretty straightforward to me that easter eggs are by and large not meant to be taken seriously or "canon", within reason. I see it more as a case-by-case basis.

Rolling giant donut? Yeah not canon.
Painted "Easter Egg" Alien eggs? Ditto. (having said that, some sort of later source referencing the easter-egg in a semi-plausible way and making it canon isn't out of the picture - Star Wars stuff has occasionally done that :P )
The holographic space battle in Space Jockey room? I'm actually on the fence on that one.

Likewise, the "Crew Manifest" easter egg on the 'Alien' 1999 DVD, I'm totally willing to take that as canon. It's written in-universe and doesn't contradict anything, and it's chock-full of cool and useful information. Same thing with the "Ash's Science Report" easter egg on the same DVD.

Or the "egg opening sound effect" easter egg from the end of the credits in 'Aliens'. It's meant as a little in-joke for people who are paying attention, but I doubt Cameron meant for you to take it literally. Of course 'Alien3' went ahead and pretty much made it canon anyway so it's a bit of a non-issue. :P

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 04, 2013, 12:24:41 AM
The holographic space battle in Space Jockey room? I'm actually on the fence on that one.

Alright, everybody get your sling shots....

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

You can't hit those ships with slingshots, they're holographic! Your rocks would go right through them! What are you THINKING?!?!?

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

I don't know man. I think they put some special ingredients in those donuts.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

I think those donuts came in contact with the black goo

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed